Cheyenne - Laramie Cab Signaling, Can’t Exceed 25

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by thomas.n.wyndham, Feb 23, 2022.

1. thomas.n.wyndham

thomas.n.wyndham New Member

Hello.

Can someone explain why the cab signalling in the SD70ACe goes off at me whenever I go over 25? Pressing B cancels it beeping, but it quickly starts again throwing the brakes on, and not letting me release them straight away. I would really love a guide to explain the signalling and in cab warnings.

• Like Like x 1
  2. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Because in-cab signalling doesn't work on Sherman Hill

3. thomas.n.wyndham

thomas.n.wyndham New Member

Yes, I think I worked that out later, which is a bit of a disappointment. Still in the market for a good explanation on how it is supposed to work however.

• Like Like x 1
  4. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Known bug. A half-assed workaround is to wait until you're doing over 30 to turn ATC on (although even then it still displays the wrong aspects.

Sadly, DTG have had three cracks at American in-cab signaling (LIRR, Boston, SHH) and have yet to get it right.

5. Suomen surkein junakuski

Suomen surkein junakuski Well-Known Member

The cab signalling on Sherman Hill used to work at launch. Sadly, it was broken pretty soon by some of the updates. I really hope DTG will fix this, since they already got it working in the first place.

6. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

The problem I found on the old NEC (2020) was that DTG hadn't bothered to sync it up with the line limits. So going down the line for the underground station your HUD was showing you a 60mph limit but the ATC was only letting you do 30mph and the second you hit 30 it was applying the brakes and stopping the train.