Macroworks 3.1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RickOsh, Aug 18, 2018.

1. RickOsh

RickOsh New Member

I installed and have been testing/using MacroWorks 3.1 version 1.1.1.91 for Train Simulator.
    It can be downloaded from http://raildriver.com/support/TrainSimulator.php

The documentation says:
    "Software
    By downloading this software, you agree to our Terms & Conditions.
    Download: MW3.1 Installation Package v. 1.1.1.91 (6.39 MB) Updated 1/2/18
    Contains:
    RailDriverĀ® Calibration v. 1.0.3.0
    MacroWorks 3.1 for Train Simulator v. 1.1.1.91
    Release Notes:
    Creates the MyScripts key in the registry so that the RD Calibration program knows where to store the .rdm file."
    MacroWorks 3.1 Version 1.1.1.91.jpg
    It actually contains RailDriverĀ® Calibration v. 1.0.3.1 but it appears to work the same.
    RD Calibration.exe Properties.jpg
    So far I have tested this version on several American, Eoropean and Asian locomotives and am very pleased with the results. There is a more responsive throttle, DB and pneumatic brake control. The Pro versions do require you to use the mouse for many of the new features and the RailDriver will prevent some headlight switches from working with the mouse. the analoge controls work much better if you calibrate very carefully (put throttle idle just slightly up the "Idle" ridge and the dynamic brake set-up slightly down the "Set-up" ridge. It's up to you but I found by taking the spring off the throttle lever inside the controller the throttle is more stable and won't wander when not touched. The automatic brake is much better. The brakes will respond as soon as you push up from the released position. Before I had to move it up about 1/4" (.6 cm).

Using the RailDriver controller is much more pleasurable with TS 2018 than with the older versions of MacroWorks 3.1 including v. 1.1.1.79.

If you wish to drive the EMD GP20 SP or UP you will still have to download RailWorks_Combined_Script_210_template.mw3
    from http://raildriver.com/support/railworks.php#combinedfix
    or else the throttle will shut down the engine when in "IDLE".

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018