Awesome Tsw Service Mode Runs

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by JustWentSouth, Dec 4, 2020.

1. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

I think there is a problem with the continued service after 1G69 for the next service at 7:30 AM. I finish setting up the train for the next service, but for some reason, my train won't move, the brake cylinder is stuck, i also make sure that the door was closed. Did anyone experience the same problem?

2. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Did you turn off safety systems in the other cab?

3. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

yes, I did, after stopping at the last stop, I first turn the headlight off and switch to the tail light, then I went to the safety system and turn off all 3 safety systems, Lastly, I switch the reverse off and took out the key before moving to the front cab. Did i did anything wrong?

4. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

Found them. Thanks! I had looked on ECW initially, but missed them because of a mod I had installed.

5. JustWentSouth

Here is the latest update:

Recommended Service Runs as of 1/23/22:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/14YgilvnKZFc7TJXyqftRJ0I5yTMlMf81/view?usp=sharing
    Chaos Runs as of 1/23/22:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cMKrwNA2OmZz8tVEQo1_FZnRZXpNT463/view?usp=sharing

Please let me know if you see any errors.

I present this with my usual gratitude to LeadCatcher and Callum B. I would also like to say these lists represent an amazing community effort that has now recommended more than 260 runs. Thank you to all who have contributed.

• Like Like x 3
  6. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

You are going to like those runs I mentioned since you're using an 8 carriage trains some platforms can't hold the whole train therefore use SDO.

7. JealousSheep768

JealousSheep768 Well-Known Member

Which doesn't work

• Like Like x 1
  8. driverwoods#1787

Thanks for telling me about that

9. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

If you like sunset runs i recommend the Service 1B93 Ramsgate - Cannon Street in SEHS with the 465.
    Drive it in May with some clouds, its a beautiful evening with great visuals and lots of AI :)

• Like Like x 7
  10. solicitr

I can't get the damn train to move. I hook up to it fine- and then it's like it's welded in place.

11. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

PCS?

12. solicitr

Yes. PCS, as in "Puddingheaded Clod in the Seat". I had my brakes set to "freight" - and 89 pounds in the pipe would never release those coaches!

• Like Like x 2
  13. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

Another Gatwick Express service recommendation for London Commuter which I think a lot of the community will enjoy playing.

This is the 1M71 - 13:46 - Brighton-London Victoria service. I found this particular one has lots of adverse aspects (expect loads of yellows and a few reds!) and keeps you alert for an exciting experience! Make it sunny weather for a nice way to relax.

• Like Like x 1
  14. driverwoods#1787

05:15 Seaford to Brighton sometimes spawns as an 8 carriage set you would see this on the platforms

15. acela2163

acela2163 Well-Known Member

Push the "Door Release left/right" button. Only the first 4 coaches will open.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  16. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

Hmm strange, you mean the actual train or with the mp15?

17. solicitr

The train; the MP15 drove just fine if I uncoupled it.

But it turns out this was Operator Error- like a dummy, I had the brakes set to "Freight", and there was no way 89 psi was going to release the coaches' brakes. Move valve, solve problem.

• Like Like x 2
  18. driverwoods#1787

Here's a Riesa-Dresden interesting one the 07:00 Röderau Dresden Container freight service wait for the Habbiins paper train to go past you then at Dresden Mitte or Neustadt you're held for a freight train that needs to cross in front of you. That paper train causes delay to 07:05 Mixed Manifest Röderau DB BR143 and 06:55 DB BR363 Zacns move to Wacker Chemie AG.
    Also the 06:52 Dresden to Röderau container train follows the RE18 to Cottbus where you must stop at DD Altstadt to let RE18 go then your MRCE BR185.5 or DB BR143

Last edited: Feb 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  19. JustWentSouth

Thanks for getting me back on DRA!

I ran this with the 101 using a mod that makes it available for freight. I also ran PZB mode M with a top speed of 110kph.

It was a good run with plenty of AI, but it was clean for me after the start. I suspect I wasn’t fast enough to encounter the conflicting traffic ahead. The 101 took a while to release the brakes at the start and it took me 41 minutes to finish.

What did loco did you run and what PZB mode and top speed did you chose?

20. driverwoods#1787

07:00 was the MRCE BR 185.5 PZB Mode M 105-111 kmh container freight since it was set in light clouds started around 07:05 39 minutes to reach Dresden Mitte Track 5. The original target speed goal was 115 kmh 72 mph in accordance with Riesa Dresden freight trains realistic driving by cwf.green.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Hope you’re ready for more Dresden since I come bearing another DRA run :D

Route: Riesa-Dresden (Nahverkehr Dresden)
    Loco: Br 101
    Service: IC Köln-Dresden at 14:01

It’s a rather relaxed run, but with a lot of AI traffic heading in the opposite direction, there’s a lot of railfanning to do from the cab. Really shows off the awesome timetable on DRA.

You pass something like 5 freight trains (one stationary waiting for you at Röderau),a Talent 2 and an ICE. That’s not even mentioning the countless S-Bahn trains once you’re past Coswig. In my run, the ICE was just leaving Dresden Neustadt when I arrived while a 185 container train was waiting for the ICE to clear the track - quite a spectacle!

• Like Like x 3
  22. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

08:59 ICE Service between Frankfurt Flughafen and Dresden.

I decided to not do any ICE runs on BRD because I'm waiting for an ICE-T add-on but I decided to do a few of them since I want to drive something different from time to time (I really should have picked HMA when it was on sale last summer), anyway the 08:59 is a very nice run, with a few yellows, not going to tell you where here, also something I never realised but the ICE3 cab gives you such a great panoramic view of all the scenery around the tracks, I really enjoyed it, and made me realise how many details/scenery elements I miss just because of how "little" I see out of the cab.

I wonder if I will feel the same way once the 700 is out for the british routes.

Yellow signals at the start, the whole avoiding line was clear, than other signals when I joined back on the main line

• Like Like x 1
  23. solicitr

Run freight; the view from the 66 is pretty good.

• Like Like x 1
  24. JustWentSouth

In anticipation of the new 423 S-Bahn timetable on SKA, I have been enjoying the 423 on HMA. I love the instrument cluster and the working LZB of this unit. I found this gem of a run which is similar to a previously recommended depot run:

S3 Deisenhofen at 16:03.

There is PZB action - know your restricted limits well - followed by LZB action. It is cool to use LZB in an S-Bahn setting, particularly with traffic in front. A very enjoyable 21 minutes!

• Like Like x 1
  25. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

Surprised nobody else has mentioned this, but LBN 1D24/5D32 using the 387 is a nice run with adverse signals through East Croydon, and again further south, and also SPAD potential. It's actually in the Journey, Chapter 5. Also, I has a typo in a previous recommendation, for SEHS 1P04 you need to beat the 395 just beyond Newington, not Rainham. Cheers.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  26. driverwoods#1787

Same thing to the first ICE Service out of Dresden Hbf the 08:19 Dresden to Wiesbaden via Flughafen Frankfurt Fulda Bebra Gerstungen Erfurt Leipzig Riesa. Run 160 kmh (100 mph) to the connector ramp to the Berlin Dresden fast line you get a Zwangsbremsung because it's max speed is 130 kmh (80 mph) at Raedebul Ost to Coswig section.

• Like Like x 1
  27. JustWentSouth

It is time for another update:

Recommended Service Runs as of 2/13/22:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/14YgilvnKZFc7TJXyqftRJ0I5yTMlMf81/view?usp=sharing
    Chaos Runs as of 2/13/22:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cMKrwNA2OmZz8tVEQo1_FZnRZXpNT463/view?usp=sharing

Thanks again to LeadCatcher for starting the list and Callum B for the spreadsheet format.

I have been enjoying some time on DRA thanks to recent recommendations. However, I am still looking for that one eastbound freight service that routes through the yards between Dresden - Pieschen and Dresden Neustadt. Anyone find it?

• Like Like x 1
  28. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Interesting, I can't actually find this. All the 465 runs are Class 2 and I've checked the other workings, can't find it.

29. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Hit the button for alternate livery. It is all the 8 car runs when you do that and then it will show up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  30. JustWentSouth

To select this service, I had to click on an alternate “Livery” of the 465.

bakedpotatos.jm posted it while I was typing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  31. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Thanks guys, I’ll try that.

32. driverwoods#1787

Here's another Nahverkehr Dresden it's the last DB BR363 service 10:00 Chemical Plant to Riesa Bahnhof. You are basically stuck at the chemical plant for 20 minutes due to Passing freight traffic in both directions. At the end of 20 minutes wait proceed to Riesa. PZB on DB BR363 is permanently set to U 55 kmh on Double Yellow

33. JustWentSouth

This one is good.

SKA Expansion Pack
    IC1941 Berlin Ostbahnhof to Köln Hbf Stuttgart Hbf
    DB BR 101

It is long train with a top and tail configuration. There is enough time at Aachen to set up the top and tail power. Here is my understanding on how to do it - and this way works.

After putting in the reverser and opening the doors:
    1) In the lead loco, set the Multiple Unit Method switch on the back wall all the way to the left at ZDS BR120.
    2) Set the pantograph switch from auto to 1.
    3) Walk to the rear loco (I couldn't get the control shortcuts to behave and you have plenty of time) and set the rear wall Multiple Unit Method switch to ZDS BR120.
    4) Control 0 back to the lead loco.
    5) MCB switch to off. Panto down.
    6) Panto up. MCB switch to on.
    7) Set up your cab and leave on time

For extra fun, run without the HUD and without AFB so that you have to manually follow the LZB braking curve. To feel the speed, crank up the cab sway.

It is a PZB fest behind a regional train until Duren. You get plenty of adverse and changing signals including one just before LZB takes over outside of Duren. At Duren, you pass the regional.

There is plenty of AI, including the evening 423 ECS run. You should arrive in Köln early. The service didn't end for me until I shut the doors after the scheduled arrival time.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
  34. solicitr

Oooh, that's brilliant! Joe is an evil genius.

I suppose that since this train is being diverted, it has to fit into the timetable where it can, even if (unusually for an IC) it has to wait for a local.

Still, it’s fabulously nasty to start you off itching to let the 101 show its paces for once, and almost immediately slam a red in your face.

Unfortunately it's a night run, and I can't play those in the daytime, because the ambient light wipes out my monitor.

Please, DTG, add brightness/contrast controls to the Settings menu!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  35. raretrack

raretrack Well-Known Member

I enjoyed this great run, thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  36. simontreanor81

simontreanor81 Well-Known Member

Agreed, this is a superb service, really atmospheric. Run it in June for a little bit of light at the beginning. I really wanna see the 101 on HMA - they run hourly(ish) and it would be a great chance for it to stretch its legs.

• Like Like x 1
  37. JustWentSouth

The service DB83103 Eastbound Mixed Freight is in both the SKA original and Expansion Pack timetables. Both timetables start you in a very similar Aachen log jam: there is an inbound freight holding up an ICE. An RE 9 to you left departs soon. The original timetable gives you the green first and the ICE also waits on you after it waits on the inbound freight to clear. In the new timetable, you wait for the ICE and then for the regional to depart. It totally changes the run. I wonder what dispatching features allowed for the difference and made the updated timetable a bit more realistic.

In the new timetable, it is an interesting run. I did it in a 185.2. The train is 2372 tons so I ran PZB U with a max speed of 85 kph. PZB U is such a different experience. After being used to getting under the limit in 23 seconds in Mode O, the 38 second limit in Mode U seems like an eternity. I learned that as long as the brakes are applying well before the 1000 hz magnet, I did not have to be aggressive and could use the extra time to smooth out the ride. This is important because the brakes on that train will take a long time to release.

You follow the regional until it leaves you behind before Duren. After that, the run is straightforward.

38. squerble

squerble Active Member

Was there a reason for the 85km/h or was that just a self-imposed limit? Just trying to learn everything I can around the speed limits and I know that PZB Mode U is limited to 105km/h so just seeing if the 85km/h is another rule from somewhere else.

39. Lamplight

I tried to summarize everything you need to know about speed limits for individual consists (with a focus on freight) here.

• Like Like x 1
  40. JustWentSouth

I must admit that I just "guesstimate" it based on mode and speeds for freight on DRA. Please let me know when I get it horribly wrong! I can tell when I am close to correct when I came smoothly brake under PZB limits after encountering an active 1000 hz or 500 hz magnet.

On those rare - and enjoyable! - instances when I am driving freight under LZB*, does the same maximum speed apply or does LZB allow me to go the maximum speed for the mode?

* This happens when I use a mode that subs in the 101 for freight services: https://www.trainsimcommunity.com/m...ubstitution-mods-german-rolling-stock-edition
    I would love to see the Railpool 185 available for the SKA expansion pack timetable.

41. Lamplight

I'd need to check the exact makeup of the train - let me get back to you on that. Do you remember what the maximum (downhill) gradient was you encountered? My mind tells me it's something like 1.1% on SKA, but it's been ages since I've driven on there.

Under LZB supervision, stopping distances don't matter since LZB accounts for the traffic ahead of you or other speed restrictions. That means you can take trains up to their constructional speed limit, which should be 120 km/h for all freight cars in the game currently. In other words, even a mode U train made up of SS or 2/3 star cars (both of which have a constructional speed limit of 120 km/h) can be driven at 120 km/h under LZB supervision.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  42. Lamplight

JustWentSouth, just did the calculations for your train. My results are:

Brake setup: LL (locos in G, first five cars in G, rest of the cars in P)
    BrH: 62 (PZB mode U)

Since I can’t remember what the ruling gradient for SKA is, I’ll give you top speeds for two different gradients.

maximum velocity:
    90 km/h at 1.2%
    80 km/h at 2%

• Like Like x 1
  43. solicitr

SKA is pretty flat: certainly never 2% (that's the Spessart Rampe!), and I would be surprised if it goes above 1%.

44. JustWentSouth

I just did a run and the steepest eastbound gradient is 1.0% east of Horrem. Westbound, it doesn't get above 0.8%. So, I could have safely run at 90 kph.

• Like Like x 2
  45. Lamplight

You got that right. Just double checked the table and for both 0.8% and 1% the maximum velocity is 90 km/h.

• Like Like x 1
  46. Lamplight

Just covering my bases. If you stick to the 2% speed limit, you’ll certainly not be speeding on SKA :D

• Like Like x 1
  47. JustWentSouth

For those who are new or as just a reminder for the rest of us, the ECS S19 at 20:22 is an excellent service in the old SKA timetable and is still an excellent service in the Expansion Pack SKA timetable. In the new timetable, you get to drive it in the 423 and you can get just a touch of LZB action out of Duren and some great PZB action into Aachen.

The service starts at 20:22, but you are stuck at a red in Duren until 20:38. There is plenty of traffic to watch! If you don't want to wait, you can spawn into Duren and find the service waiting at Track 5. Interestingly, when I spawned in at 20:35 and ran over to take control of the service, I had lost the slot in the traffic and had to wait until 20:48 when a freight had passed. This run was still interesting, but not as good and I had a long wait while the freight was stopped outside of Aachen. When I spawned at 20:30 and then took over the service, I was slotted out after the regional, but before the freight, and the red cleared at 20:38.

If you haven't experienced it or even if you have and it has been a while, I highly recommend it; this is Service Mode Hall of Fame material.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  48. AGoodJudge

AGoodJudge Active Member

I remember enjoying that service before, but it looks like one of the updates has broken it, at least for PS4. The menu claims that it takes 50 minutes, but I just finished it in 18 minutes with greens all the way. This is with all the relevant trains installed, but no expansion pack. Memories....

49. driverwoods#1787

Some of the developers streams mention this and if you are looking for a Nahverkehr Dresden equivalent it's the 10am DB BR363 Chemical Plant to Riesa services. That has you hold at the Chemical Plant entrance at 10am CET 4am EST Sand Patch Grade NEC Boston-Providence MTA Metro-North & LIRR Horseshoe curve and Oakville Subdivision time. You go on to Chemical Plant to Riesa at 10:20am. Speaking of DB BR423 does run like a Rhein-Ruhr Osten DB BR422 on the original timetable?

• Like Like x 1
  50. JustWentSouth

I just re-launched this service and it is the same on PC. I start with a red and a wait. Sorry that it is not working for you!

• Like Like x 1