More Intensive Gwe Timetable

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by tardisgaming07, Feb 25, 2022.

1. tardisgaming07

tardisgaming07 Well-Known Member

Now I’m probably not the only one to think this, but the current GWE timetable seems a bit empty, especially at London Paddington. So I was wondering if at some point a new timetable could be created to increase the services all over the route. I believe this should be done because the total number of services on the route (freight and ECS moved included) is lower than the current amount of GWR services running between Paddington and Reading. Bearing in mind that this is from a pandemic timetable, one assumes that with GWR operating all services in a pre-pandemic there would need to be at least 500 services in the timetable. Also a possible inclusion in this timetable could the the Gatwick Express 387, layered over from BML to run Heathrow Express services. Also a possibility would be AI tube services running in and out of Ealing Broadway with the 72 stock, although this isn’t essential. Whilst I would like it if this timetable could be released with the new GWE update I would be fine if it comes a bit later. Thanks for reading this far, and here is the picture section upload_2022-2-25_13-57-5.jpeg upload_2022-2-25_13-58-52.jpeg

• Like Like x 11
  2. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

Agree, GWE's timetable is not great and Paddington is not busy sadly enough, so we should get also AI only services to make it much busier

• Like Like x 2
  3. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

A must have, the current timetable is the second worst in game (after LIRR)

• Like Like x 5
  4. bob123

bob123 Member

could we please Have it as it is terrible the timetable

5. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

I agree but it's going to require 25kv 50hz overhead contact system activated on the whole route including the Airport Junction for use by Class 387/2s to Heathrow Airport and Reading. 2021 had Gatwick Express class 387s do the entire London Paddington to reading runs due to Mechanical issues on Classes 800 & 802 Electro diesel trains. In the future those can layer here with special paint schemes 800 008 Pride 800 321

6. bob123

bob123 Member

so another kind of the Diesel legends

7. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

It would likely require the addition of the Class 165, since there's not enough of the Class 166 to cover the full timetable.

Any modern GWE route would require far more work since many of the stations have been lengthened and remodelled for PRM compliance in preparation for Crossrail. I don't think it's likely to happen but if so a modern GWE rebuild could include some of the branches with the Class 165, with the possibility of layering it back onto the current GWE route for more services.

The Class 800, Class 387 and Class 165 could feature, with the Elizabeth Line Class 345 as an expansion option.

(Plenty of other routes to make first before we really need duplicate routes in different eras though)

• Like Like x 3
  8. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

No it's not.

The First post asks for a reworked timetable using the:
    • HST, 166 and 66 - with more services than present
    • 1972 Stock at Ealing Broadway to represent the Underground
    • 387 to represent the Heathrow Express - GWR was not mentioned in relation to it.

The only new thing it would probably need would be a 165 (or something to fill it's place) - so we have enough trains to fill it.

OHLE would only be needed as far as Hayes, based on the OP's post.

• Like Like x 1
  9. frabjousvector

frabjousvector Well-Known Member

Love it. Hopefully FirstGroup come around too so we can see the old liveries mixing in too.

10. tardisgaming07

I wouldn’t want the route to be re-made, just for it to have a new timetable utilising the existing stock and probably a 3 car Class 165 (Effectively a re-numbered 166)

11. AirbourneAlex

The GWR Class 165 fleet has quite a few differences compared to the Class 166;
    -No aircon which means every set of windows has an opening hopper window for ventilation.
    -Lower top speed of 75 mph due to different gearing (also meaning faster acceleration).
    -Slightly different interior configured for shorter services (less tables and one toilet).

I.e. they're similar but not simply able to be renumbered if kept accurate.

The Class 165 should have been included from the outset, they were more commonly seen on Paddington to Reading runs in the era GWE is set, and provide 37 train sets versus 21 of the Class 166, including the 2-car variant (simply a 3-car without the middle carriage).

• Like Like x 3
  12. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Bringing the Class 165/1 along with the Class 180 and 360/2 sets would make for a much more interesting timetable on this route which seems to have received little love in terms of proper dlc.

• Like Like x 1
  13. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

I agree, I bought the route a few months ago, played 2 missions and shelved it waiting for the update. Being very empty was one of my major gripes next to looking outdated.

14. tardisgaming07

Only the Chiltern Railway sets are limited to 75mph. Class 165/1s can do 90mph.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. AirbourneAlex

Thanks, I didn't know that.

16. kenobi#1878

kenobi#1878 Well-Known Member

I think this is a good idea. I don’t know about anyone else but I wouldn’t mind if there is a slightly inaccurate Class 165/1 as it would benefit the route

17. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

One of the issues with GWE is that the console version (gen 8) had to have services removed and shorter HST sets to allow it to work properly. This means it hasn’t been able to receive any DLC or have an increased timetable due to performance impact issues. The preservation crew did look at putting the full timetable on gen 8 consoles when they first looked at the route and they said it wasn’t stable enough with the extra services. They are looking at it again to see if it can be done now but it’s unlikely that the timetable would be able to accept any further traffic on top of that, even if it is possible to put the current full timetable on gen 8 consoles.

This is likely to mean that the GWE timetable will stay as it is and never be increased in terms of the number of services on it.

18. tardisgaming07

Wouldn’t it be possible to do separate timetables for each device? Just because being a PC player I’m fed up of being limited by the older consoles. If they can’t handle TSW2, don’t support them anymore.

19. jamesbaby286

jamesbaby286 Well-Known Member

Yes they have done this before. Personally I see no reason why they couldn't do it again.

I would like to see a different GWR route done first that includes the 165. So then they have it available for a timetable upgrade. I'm surprised they haven't done another GWR route since the first UK line.

20. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It would be possible but it may not be desirable to put work into developing something that specifically only benefits half the players (PC and gen 9 console players), leaving the rest with the same old timetable, especially if it is done at the expense of developing or improving something else everyone can benefit from. The extras that gen 8 players have to do without is usually only minimal when things are changed.

On top of that, I’m not sure GWE was developed leaving suitable gaps in for future services to be added without affecting the current services, which makes developing a new timetable a bigger job than just adding to the current one. I’m not saying they couldn’t do it but it would be a big job to do for no income and that would only benefit half the players.

21. tardisgaming07

Sorry if it wasn’t clear but I was asking for a new timetable not a modification to the existing one.

22. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Starting from scratch with a new timetable would require even more work then, so it would need to be a paid for DLC. I’m fairly certain DTG wouldn’t make a DLC that could only be bought by some of the players (because a busier timetable still wouldn’t work on gen 8 consoles and making a new one with fewer services just for gen 8 would also be pointless). So the answer is still the same, it is very unlikely to ever happen.