Dtg And Community Members Need To See This Chart

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Firealarm10, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Firealarm10

Firealarm10 New Member

Hi! I recently was checking the stats of TSW and TS20XX and I and there is currently no problem with TS20XX but TSW is not so good. Each little spike is a new release. And then it drops low. This is a problem and I personally think TSW is on the brink of failure and is following the path of FSW. I say this because as shown RSN’s release today has appeared to have all ready hit its peak and its peak so far is lower then TS20XX did today and there were no releases I heard about over there today. This scares me as a TSW fan. I’ll give a link and a picture of the chart below. I’m sorry if I upset anyone and I was just throwing this out there as a buyer be ware. I personally love tsw and would hate to see it fail. I have a great marketing idea in my opinion that will be beneficial to Dovetail games in my eyes. Here’s the link to the live chart https://steamcharts.com/cmp/530070,24010. Thanks for reading. Please comment below and give me your opinion below. Have a Wonderful day!.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  2. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Here's a challenge for you: find the graph for Railworks' player counts in the first 1.5 years after release. You must realize that what you are doing here is comparing a 10 year old game to a 1.5 year old game. That is a completely invalid comparison, and with the way simulators work, more people play the more content there is. And the older the simulator, the more content there is.

I know you'd love to claim doom and gloom for TSW (ain't it so cool and rad and stuff to hate on TSW?) because it has not in 1.5 years destroyed the following Railworks has gained in 10 years. But there's a news flash! That's not how that works.

Come back in 10 years and lets compare then. Or find Railworks data from 10 years ago. Oh wait...so few people played Railworks at release that steam doesn't even remember that info. TSW is definitely off to a stronger start than Railworks.

• Like Like x 14
  3. Firealarm10

Firealarm10 New Member

A 10 year old ran down game is out preforming a next gen more realistic simulator. I see a problem phish or how ever you spell your weird name

4. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

So what? If the "run down" thing has the route I like and the next gen one doesn't have the route I like what am I gonna do? Of course, I'm going to play the route I like! Even if that means its on something old.

Just because a simulator is next gen or anything doesn't mean everyone will want to play it. It is entirely about what content is there.

Also, with those spikes for each DLC, that's actually a very important thing to see. Means that a bunch of people are still playing the game-just not all the time. You don't see TS2018 getting those spikes with each DLC.

• Like Like x 9
  5. Firealarm10

Firealarm10 New Member

I don’t hate TSW Pschlik I in fact play it and I was just pointing this out so everyone knows. I like tsw have little against the devs and am not gonna quit tsw until it fails. I don’t know why you hate me so much Pschlik. I would very much appreciate it if you stop using Dovetail Live and Never return. Ultimately you appear to be unintelligent and deplorable.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Frankly you seem to be rather over sensitive about the fact that another poster is pushing back at the basis for your arguments.Posting insults about another poster is not only against the rules of this forum but indicates a lack of confidence in the validity of your assertions about TSW.

• Like Like x 8
  7. Rubinius

Rubinius Active Member

I guess that in time many TS20xx users will also play the TSW. In my opionion, it gets better with every DLC. The RSN receive a good feedback. TSW is also available for consoles, which increases the number of users.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TrainSim-Luke

TrainSim-Luke Well-Known Member

Hi guys. Just dropping in to say please don't resort to name-calling and try to avoid turning a discussion into an argument. Thankyou.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Kizna DeAllura

Kizna DeAllura New Member

History repeats itself.

Firealarm10 is just like those MSTS people, that said RailWorks is a total failure and will never go anywhere.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  11. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Well the OP asked for our opinions for his analysis, and I have to say Pschlik's opinion is right on. (Doesn't take much effort to learn how one spells their name -- just look at their post :)) . I am a user of both programs and when a new DLC comes out for TSW - I will spend a fair amount of time exploring the new route and even go back and revisit the previous DLC - once I have run it several times, will migrate back to TS2018 because of the variety it offers -- many time running a similar route in TS2018 to compare to the one I ran in TSW. As more routes come out for TSW, the more time I spend in the simulation - doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that a simulation with a large amount of variety will always trump one with limited just for replay value alone.

I also agree with SamYeager270 - if you ask for comments and opinions on your analysis - be willing to accept differences of opinions in a mature manner -- or do not ask for the feedback. If you can not conduct yourself in a mature and respectful manner and feel you must resort to name calling or insults, that does little to support mu confidence in your analysis. So as Train-Sim Luke states - let us discuss this if you want, but not argue - big difference.

• Like Like x 4
  12. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

That is true

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. roku12112

roku12112 New Member

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
  14. pdxmark77

pdxmark77 Active Member

Odd as you are the same person. Why all the hate? Life is too short to be hating things

• Like Like x 3
  15. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

I will never understand, if someone finds an entertainment product not to their liking, why do they waste their time and energy with anger and active campaigns against the product. I would much rather move on and find something to my liking and spend my time on something positive.

Must be a maturity thing, with more than 6 decades under my belt, I have learned it is my choice to be angry or not and there are many things that aren’t that important to get wrapped around the axel on... and an entertainment product is one of those things.

• Like Like x 5
  16. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

Guys he joined this forum just to say that TSW sucks. Like look at when he joined

And roku TSW will always get more money since it’s on consoles.