Creators Club Has Left Me Kinda Disappointed.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by antony.henley, Feb 21, 2022.

1. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

So having just sat through the Creators club livestream, yeah it looked ok. but it kinda of left a sour taste in my mouth. Much tot he point that it looks as though PS4 users cannot upload their liveries they made on the PS4 to use on the PS5 (that uses the same PSN user name) in fact I also sign in using the same account on the PC. Its bad enough that we cannot transfer our save game over from PS4 to PS5 and to be honest what was looking to be the only good outcome about transferring our save game over to the PS5 was transferring our liveries. Some that had taken a good few hours to create. Now it looks as doing that isn't going to be possible.
    To be honest if you use the same Dovetail account on 3 different machines then it should allow you to use the liveries on all 3 accounts as they are the same. I mean if Tom can see and share my liveries over there in the states and he's got a completely different DTG name to me and on a PC to boot, then why cant I see the same liveries across all 3 of my devices. That's just absurd.

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxKjmPHoPHaTChTx5xRd1AEvzlUkma4gI1

Hentis

Last edited: Feb 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

Yes disappointing and something I believe Matt made it seem that it would be possible in a stream a while back.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I haven’t seen the stream, but that seems to be a massive oversight by DTG. Another kick in the LOVE for PlayStation users. How many more kicks can they take?

• Like Like x 5
  4. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Surely if anything, it should be easier for DTG to allow cross progression with the new DTL framework?

Absolutely bonkers that you cannot do something as simple as share a livery via a cloud, in a supposedly purpose built setting.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Lenwigg

Seems you can share, just not with yourself. So yes bonkers.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

Wow this is just great and Matt did say it in a stream I remember he did but i don't remember which one it was.

• Like Like x 1
  7. antony.henley

Gonna have to wait until they release it to see what we can do to be honest.
    To be honest both Scenario and Livery Creator need a good overhaul.
    Hentis

• Like Like x 2
  8. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

So having watched the snip you posted Hentis they've basically said that they've wasted their time developing this because it's pretty much worthless to those PS players who wanted it to be able to transfer their PS4 liveries over to their PS5 game

• Like Like x 1
  9. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

It was supposed to be platform-independent; the biggest problem (as in so many other areas) is that Sony's PS4=>PS5 integration really sucks. Over in the XBox world the generational transition is seamless.

• Like Like x 1
  10. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

I've asked the team to look into resolving this, completely agree :) Won't be for launch but i'll get it on their radar for asap.

• Like Like x 5
  11. antony.henley

Thanks Matt, its appreciated.

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  12. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

How have they wasted their time developing it? It's purpose is to all players to share liveries and scenarios online, officially, and across all platforms. That's exactly what it's done. Creators Club wasn't made to be a PS4 to 5 Progression system.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. antony.henley

The fact that I have liveries on my PS4 that I wont be able to download and use on my PS5 via the game save as the PS4 - PS5 game save doesnt work, apart from spending in excess of 100+ hours recreating those liveries what else are people going to do? The fact that as I said in my original post Tom from the US on a PC can download my liveries that I created on the PS4 (which I choose to upload) but I cannot use them on the PS5 or PC version of TSW that I own because the game does not allow it. Which as I said is bloody absurd.

Hentis

• Like Like x 3
  14. antony.henley

The thing thats kicking me right where it hurts at the moment, is that I can download someones livery on the PS5 and use it with the PS5 version of TSW 2 I can also use it with the PS4 version of TSW 2* (on the PS5 console).

I have the PS5 version of TSW 2 installed on an internal 2tb SSD
    I have the PS4 version of TSW 2 installed on an external 4tb HD.

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  15. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Have you tried logging in on one of the machines using a different DTL account and seeing if that works? I think it's based on DTL account only - so you could log in on one machine with a different account, download it, and you can then log back in on your own account and still have access to the liveries I think? Not tried...

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. antony.henley

I haven't as I only have one account, but in the interest of science I will give it a try later on and see if that works.
    Will keep you posted.

Tony

• Like Like x 1
  17. antony.henley

sucess. I have managed to download some of the liveries uploaded to my profile from the PS4 to the PS5 via a different log in account. Only problem is that there are 13 liveries in my profile but I cannot grab all of them due to the nature of how the page is set out. It only allows to scroll three liveries at a time then it runs to the end of the page and thats it. Hopefully it will sort itself out over the next few days.

Hentis

• Like Like x 2
  18. emperorparsy

emperorparsy Member

I'm glad I'm not the only 1 on stream it was sed this would be able to do but apparently not , I uploaded a livery from my ps4 account so that I can download it to my ps5 account bit it doesn't let u do it even though I have 2 separate accounts , when i go into my ps5 creators club mods is shows me I have the ps4 livery in there even thought the livery doesn't exist on my ps5 account

• Like Like x 1
  19. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

What shocked me the most was the fact we can now how SOME PC mods on console like the HST and the 166 in FGW livery(Via Secnarios created with it on PC). I was NOT expecting that, but seriously it was a lovely Surprise which brings me to a question, if somebody wanted too could someone upload a PC mods like let's just say The FGW HST and the 166 FGW mod and upload as a livery? This is a serious question, could creators club actually make this possible

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  20. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The FGW liveries are a unique case. These were designed by DTG and included in the game code, just hidden away. All the mod does is unlock what's already there. However, that doesn't mean they can then be uploaded to CC: Livery Designer can NOT open DTG-created liveries.

As for other PC livery mods: understand that these come in two completely different forms. The old kind, as in TSW/TSW2020 before LD came out, works pretty much like TS mods: you hack the .pak file, extract the skin bitmap, and edit in Photoshop. You then put it back together and the new livery .pak completely replaces the old one: your custom livery will appear on every iteration of that train, forever, until you delete the mod.

The new, Livery Designer kind functions differently, because the LD functionality is designed to replace the default livery only on some trains, at random, as well as being selectable in Timetable and Scenario editor. These do not replace the default, but exist alongside it. The only advantage PC players have had over consoles to date, wrt this new kind of livery, has been the ability to share them via websites and an external app. But the tools used are just Livery Designer's suite- there is no bitmap editable in Photoshop (the game creates the bitmap on the fly out of the LD file).

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. antony.henley

Kind of short lived i'm afraid as I was running TSW last night and the liveries were not there. So back to the drawing board I think.

Hentis

22. Lenwigg

A bit like my test one then. I can see it in my mods, but cant see it anywhere else to use it.

• Like Like x 1
  23. antony.henley

So TrainSim-Matt Lenwigg I have to make sure I log in to my main DTG account on my PS5 to make sure they actually appear in the PS5. I managed to log in via the creators club on the DTG website and sub to my own content (stupid I know, I'm my own biggest fan lol) to be able to load in the content made on the PS4. But the main thing is that you log in to the game first with you DTG log in.

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  24. emperorparsy

emperorparsy Member

How do u log into the creators club via the website to sub to urself?

25. emperorparsy

emperorparsy Member

I successfully subbed to my creation from my ps4 but the livery doesn't show up on my ps5 lol how do i get it to show up

26. antony.henley

Sign out of dtg when you load up and then re sign in

• Like Like x 1
  27. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

I tried playing the tilting train scenario on MSB but the AI freight train ahead of me cannot climb the gradient. It stalls (it's not waiting at any signal). It will only get moving again if I uncouple the wagons. This is a featured scenario so I was expecting something that worked. Was playing it on an Xbox. Might be the same on PS4.

With no feedback system I feel like it's going to take a while to find some decent scenarios.

• Like Like x 1
  28. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

Ok I have a question, to use any of the liveries created by people (in the Creators Club) you need to own the loco or the route the Re-livered loco is in, before you can use it?

I understand that you have to have the Route to use a New Scenario created in the Creators Club.

So thinking about it as I type. The new livery is just a skin that gets attached to a loco you already have in your fleet for a set route and scenario?

How do you then use that loco with the new skin in a route or scenario?

There are some very nice liveries that people have done.

Thanks
    Chris

• Like Like x 1
  29. Lenwigg

You choose the livery the same way that you can choose other liveries when available for other loco's that you own. When you choose timetable and you get the loco's that you can choose from comes along the bottom of the sceen. As you go over them to pick a loco any that any that have other liveries to choose turns pink. You then press the button with the square on for Playstation. Hope I have explained it okay and that it helps.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  30. steve#7359

steve#7359 Member

It won't show any of my liveries or scenarios. I've logged out of Dovetail and logged back in giving it consent and everything. Doesn't work. Nope...not one bit. We shouldn't have to rig up a Doc Brown weather experiment to generate the 1.21 gigawatts needed to make all of these mods and updates work.

• Like Like x 1