Train Sim World 2 - Creators Club Beta!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG JD, Feb 24, 2022.

1. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

Yep, PS5 player here. It was impressive how the scenario actually had the proper First Great Western mod. Not even just the livery, it even keeps the TSW2020 HUD that the mod has!

2. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Darn it, there seems to be no way to contact someone by Dovetail Live nick.

The uploaded mod pages really ought to have a space for feedback.

This JonahN has uploaded two scenarios- not liveries - called "FGW 166 for console" and "FGW HST for console." I have no idea though how a scenario could unlock the hidden FGW liveries even on PC, much less on console.

• Like Like x 1
  3. solicitr

Walk around- the train interiors are FGW too, not GWR.

• Like Like x 2
  4. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

In the case of the FGW HST, it probably works without downloading a livery separately because the FGW HST is considered to be an entirely different model by the game, not just the GWE version with a different paint job. It includes a completely different interior.

5. mikeypl

mikeypl New Member

Looking through the liveries, there are so many real life companies on a lot of them that dtg hasn't got permission to use. Looks like people are not reading the t&cs and the moderation is very slow.

• Like Like x 2
  6. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

“If you have to ask, we have to say no.”

• Like Like x 3
  7. solicitr

Or that some people have not been paying attention to what DTG have been telling us (with plausible deniability)

• Like Like x 1
  8. solicitr

I understand that. But it is ordinarily not accessible via SP or Timetable.
    It's how the scenario author managed to unlock it, not on his own PC (which is easy), but for the downloaders' consoles, which intrigues me.

9. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

The code for the livery is more than likely built into every build of TSW, the only thing that would stop console users from getting to it is a lack of user access to the backend, I suspect that the scenario can still detect the livery within the console version game files, so when it’s activated on PC, it would just carry over onto console.

• Like Like x 2
  10. solicitr

Makes sense.

11. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

impressive liveries so far the Deutsche Reichsbahn DDR Paint Jobs are my favourite because some of them are the DR BR243 including the White Lady paint.
    I put in a DR V60 Baureihe 106 and DR BR 280 EMU. Can anyone help me turn a DB BR406 into a DR BR175 DMU? Since Deutsche Reichsbahn DDR is allowed in Creators Club.

12. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

...as a trained LD user I can only tell how I would do it: The first step is always to collect good reference material like fotos or graphic depictions with all markings and livery details. Catalogs from model railway manufacturers can also be very helpful or just a bit googeling. Then get started. It is best to have the original color values available, otherwise it needs some sense of proportion. From time to time always compare with the template. At the end I mostly use some weathering effects to make it look more realistic. Of course an ICE3 doesn't have the same design as a BR175, so you can play a bit with the colored areas at the driving head. ;)

...a few years ago I took a couple of photos of the gem in Berlin-Lichtenberg. On Google Maps you can still see it parked in the same place today.
    BR175 Collage.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Yeah I've seen a fair few scenarios with GWR stock which isn't on the list of approved brands. Shame really as I've got a few myself I'd want to upload but don't want a ban.

• Like Like x 2
  14. JealousSheep768

JealousSheep768 Well-Known Member

Gwr is approved. Got the news last night. Read the faqs for more

• Like Like x 3
  15. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

GWR is already in TSW as a licensed ToC, scenarios being shared with content that is available in TSW is perfectly fine.

• Like Like x 2
  16. marcsharp2

Thank you to both for the reply, Wasn't aware GWR was already approved. Thank you very much it's appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  17. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Sparmi Since I see you in this thread, I think you are the creator of a scenario I played yesterday with BR 101 in Köln, I loved it!
    LZB use, PZB action, lots of traffic ... awesome and I recommend it to everyone, especially BR 101 lovers :love:

If with such a limited planner you are able to do that, I can't imagine what you will do with the future version 2.0 :o

Thanks for sharing!

• Like Like x 3
  18. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Lots of familiar nicknames. I am surprised by how many talented colleagues we have here \o/

• Like Like x 2
  19. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

Sorry, the BR101 Köln scenario isn't mine, it must be from another talented player. But I'm pleased to hear that you're enjoying Creator's Club. If you're on Playstation then only my PSN user name is shown, which is currently "ms06406". But for all other platforms my nickname is: "Sparmi". ;)

• Like Like x 1
  20. marcsharp2

Also want to say thank you to those who have downloaded my liveries and scenarios. I hope you enjoy them, 1974 Cornish Mainline/1974 Cornish Branchline and 1967 Penzance-Waterloo are mine.

• Like Like x 1
  21. frabjousvector

frabjousvector Well-Known Member

I don’t know how much of that is true… I believe that TFL in particular are one of those reluctant to have their liveries used.

• Like Like x 1
  22. frabjousvector

I can’t find them anymore. There are a couple of others with different areas but by other people.

23. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

GWR is literally in TSW, as an official DLC. It is officially licensed.

You can use any ingame content in scenarios, and share those, as per DTG’s stream earlier in the week.

Furthermore, you don’t even need to use the ingame GWE liveries or rolling stock, you can even create your own using their brand, as it is also available for use within livery designer.

Here is the FAQ that contains all the TOC’s you are allowed to use; https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/train-sim-world/about-trainsimworld

Last edited: Feb 25, 2022
  24. frabjousvector

Oh, I misread it. I thought you meant liveries.

25. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

It's quite annoying that the Creators Club doesn't filter out any stuff that requires DLC I do not have. I had hoped it'd be a tad more advanced than the Steam Workshop for TS but it seems just as basic with pretty much the same shortcomings...

I would also appreciate it if there was a way to distinguish realistic liveries from the unrealistic/fantasy ones. A tag would've been enough I guess.

• Like Like x 2
  26. breblimator

breblimator Guest

There is probably a little icon on the thumbnail that tells you about it :)

27. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

There is? Either I'm blind, or it is very well hidden. What exactly am I looking for?

• Like Like x 1
  28. breblimator

breblimator Guest

TEMP.png

29. SC Freiburg Fan

SC Freiburg Fan New Member

DTG JD DTG Natster
    My previously known bugs and problems to the Creators Club, platform Xbox Series S: -After each opening of the TSW, prompt to create a new one, Idendität. -Resharpened paintwork that is otherwise not there. -Rare crashes when selecting a downloaded repaint in schedule mode. -The search function does not work for me.

Otherwise a very good program. If these mentioned errors could be fixed, I am absolutely satisfied!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2022
  30. eltt007

eltt007 Member

Help me, and explain to me how I can play a downloaded scenario? I do not get it. i am ps4:(

31. lovetrains 3628

lovetrains 3628 Active Member

you have to press subscribe to download and then go into tools

32. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Oh, sorry, I got confused. Sparmi is the name of the user who created the scenery and IC liveries for BR146 and dostos, I guess it's you? I just subscribed to so many things yesterday that my mind short-circuited :D

By the way, the creator of the scenario I mentioned before is the user JBViper . It's called "Catch up the delay of IC BR 101", if anyone is interested in trying it.

33. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

I was not waiting for this but it looks well done. It works smoothly. I think it's a nice addition.

Also well done on the stream. That pantomime has been thought trough very well. I like it when even the most clumsiest users (like myself) are being addressed. :D

• Like Like x 1
  34. solicitr

Nobody is talking about bans. At worst, the upload gets taken down.

In practice, though, refer back to what Sam has been saying from the start.

35. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Thanks for letting us know. We're aware of the issue and the team are investigating. Glad you're enjoying it!

• Like Like x 1
  36. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

Anyone else lose the ability to capture screenshots with the F10 key since CC uploaded? Is there a limit to how many shots I can have on Dovetail live?

37. solicitr

I should add that getting the colors right is key. It's easy on German trains because they use the RAL system and have since the DRG era. BR Blue's RGB code is available, and that's easily converted to HSV.

US and post-BR British colors are harder- model paint companies' catalogs can help, but they aren't always too accurate - and what one needs to do -EARLY, before you've created a lot of layers - is to do big paint patches of the major colors and test the model in game lighting to see if it looks right.

38. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

I'm on Xbox and downloaded the FGW to Redcar scenario out of curiosity? I am pleasantly surprised as stated it works on console. A perculiar feature is I downloaded the scenario ONLY - I did not(!) have to download the FGW liveries from the Class 43 and Class 166 as separate components?
    Screenshot_20220226_131131_com.microsoft.emmx.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  39. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

The FGW liveries and interiors are already in the game, these scenarios etc just point to the FGW items instead of the GWR ones, it is nice that console players get to try them because the variety it brings to GWE is very welcome.

I downloaded several different TGV liveries last night for the same reason, immersion is hugely improved when there is natural variation.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  40. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

The FGW livery is far superior to the GWE one, adds a much better vibrancy to routes, Tom Fresco has said he’ll be working on more scenarios with it so I can’t wait for those.

• Like Like x 2
  41. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Is it also possible to just ship the livery over? If so that would be amazing so I could use it in service mode.

42. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

The livery is in the game itself, so you can’t share it as it is not a user created livery, only way consoles can get access is if PC users create a scenario with the 166/43 and select the FGW livery.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  43. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

The web portal for creators club doesn't work on a Safari browser. Double checked with chrome which does work.
    On safari nothing is selectable, no imagery.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  44. solicitr

De gustibus non disputandum

45. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Taste being subjective of course.

46. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree more. It's a bit subjective - the FGW 'dynamic lines' is eye-catching and an improvement over the preceding "swoosh" livery when First Group took over Great Western. However, although refined the current GWR livery can be a bit dark and dull depending upon light conditions - but the brief for the marketing company was probably recreate the "glory days" of 'God's Wonderful Railway'.

• Like Like x 3
  47. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Yeah, what I will say is that the FGW DL livery suits an urban environment much more than the corporate GWR livery, however in rural backdrops I do think the GWR is more aesthetically pleasing.

• Like Like x 1
  48. furiousbigface

furiousbigface Member

I'm going to be honest here, I'm not creative, I don't use livery designer much but have had a few goes on Scenario planner but just like playing the game on PS5. I didn't take much interest in the build up to Creators Club but honestly this has so much potential for the community. Some of the scenarios I have played and liveries I've used are fantastic. There are some very talented and creative people out there and well done to Dovetail for introducing this function, it can only get better.

• Like Like x 8
  49. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

Creators Club for me has reinvigorated my interest in TSW.:love:

I had put off buying the Class 313, BUT now it is available in a range of liveries I just had to get it now... And although the WCL Class 37 and Class 150 are not as accurately modelled as I might desire I am tempted given some of the excellent CC content that is now available;)

• Like Like x 2
  50. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

I do miss ratings though.

• Like Like x 3