Train Sim World 2 - Roadmap Update 22/02/2022

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Feb 22, 2022.

1. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

I am saluting you sir.

2. RdWing

RdWing Member

IF YOURE NOT DOING ANYTHING WRONG YOU HAVE NOTHING TO FEAR.
    Are you serious?

• Like Like x 10
  3. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

If the dynamic advertising is 'period' for the older routes then this could be good but if it is modern stuff then I am not interested.

Adam and his team who had been working on the 166 in December still hasn't fixed the doors? Then if I recall correctly he said that GWE will not be getting the dynamic weather and him saying it was simple to do? So they have time for 'advertising' but not for updates what most people want?

Then to really stick the knife in Nat asked when will we see GWE released? Adam said it was high on the list but then mumbled something and then said it would be before June! My patience is done I think, I know when I am being fobbed off. Time to move onto something that is at least enjoyable.

• Like Like x 3
  4. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

The London Underground lines that terminate at ealing broadway though are the Central line which uses 1992 stock and the district line which uses s7 stock. No wonder there were many people who said no to the 72 stock being at Ealing Broadway because it wouldn't be there in real life.

A 1972 stock and a 1995 stock look nothing alike as well

Last edited: Feb 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  5. tallboy7648

hopefully it gets fixed. If the sound on the m7 isn't fixed, then the lirr preservation update still wouldn't make me touch lirr. Not hearing the train is immersion breaking

Last edited: Feb 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  6. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

As a palliative way, I've been racing the M3 [Leaving NYP] heading east and the M7 going west [Arriving NYP], because the sound of the M7 is only audible in the first two cars heading to NYP, but it's still horrible not being able to enjoy one of my favorite routes through this break.

• Like Like x 2
  7. tallboy7648

even when I do services heading westbound, the audio on the m7 cuts out completely. I play on series x

• Like Like x 1
  8. tcmikaelsouza

Guys, I saw the instagram page "trainsimworld2" post the following text:
    • Preservsing Crew
    - We should see 3 Route Updates in March.[1. Peninsula Corridor 2. East Coastway 3. Great Western Express].
    - 10 of the 17 Updates are testen now, 5 of the 10 needed more work.
    - They are pushing all the upgrades to release and test ASAP!
    - ALl routes update will release before June!

• Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen update
    - It was not the plan to release the PIS boards on the route, thats why they are not fully right.
    - Normally the new SkyBox should have released with the New Journeys Expansion Pack, but it did not.

• Horseshoe Curve
    - Is in testing now again, its going perfectly now!

• Dynamic Billboards
    -They will looking into Community Created Billboards.

Can anyone confirm the veracity of this information?

• Like Like x 2
  9. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

The real account is verified https://instagram.com/trainsim?utm_medium=copy_link

10. tcmikaelsouza

I know that friend, but I would like to know if someone could confirm this information on this page, which I know is not official, but posts several topics about TSW2.

11. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

They haven’t confirmed it they said they will try to get everything released before June if I remember correctly

12. ILied

ILied Active Member

There’s a release slot in March, April and May that they’re able to use. There aim is to get all 17 Preservation Crew updates released in the three slots but it depends on a lot and the list of routes getting the updates will only be confirmed when we see the patch notes.

13. frank1116

frank1116 Well-Known Member

Removed by DTG Natster - No need for the inappropriate language. Post your frustrations again, but in a suitable manner.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  14. tallboy7648

Edited by DTG Natster - Removed quoted text.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2022
  15. cookiemonster1983

cookiemonster1983 Member

Any updates on the Trophy situation for PS4?
    There is one for the DLC limit issue but is the Trophy issue actively being looked at or is it not on the radar?

16. tcmikaelsouza

Good morning, I think it's reached the limit, I believe it's no longer possible to have trophies for new DLC's.

17. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Same for me. If this is actually the case i get 2 new routes on sales to get my money back.

If dtg doesnt care, why should i.

I will remember this: if they have time to create billboards and advertise gimmicks, i asume the m7 sounds has been fixed, since it was reported at least once in hundreds of threads by all players want to enjoy lirr.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  18. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

For months, the talk is on and nothing comes out. Instead of giving bug fixes top priority, they prefer to work on new functions with questionable benefits. One feels already fooled.

What will happen to BR 187 now? Does anyone even care about it anymore? The people have paid for it and got a catastrophic quality. Since then, nothing has happened.

• Like Like x 2
  19. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Skyhook have said fixes are being prepared for the 187.

20. BlaringHorn

BlaringHorn Well-Known Member

That's a pretty weak argument. Something I would expect a politician defending his policies to say, no offense.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  21. BlaringHorn

BlaringHorn Well-Known Member

It's possible they'll fix the sound issues for the M7 that's coming with Harlem Line, but leave the update for Long Island "up in the air". There is a precedent for that after all when they included the updated SD-40 for the new expansion pack, but not for Clinchfield.

Sorry for the double post.

• Like Like x 1
  22. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

Admittedly mistakes are made, but it should be part of a learning process. Why do DTG made different versions of the same locomotive? This inevitably leads to conflicts errors further on. We have the GWE Class 66 and the ECW Class 66, ECW Class 377 and BML Class 377, NTP Mk2 coaching stock and Diesel Legends Mk2 coaching stock, WSR Class 52 'Western' and Diesel Legends 'Western'...

Unsurprisingly with the "Creators Club" now active this causes more issues and annoyance for users. For example: I wish to run Regional Railways liveried Mk2 coaching stock on NTP (as this is a route where the livery predominanted) but the livery editor compatible Mk2 coaching stock is on Diesel Legends?!

And yes priorities? 18 months from the much hyped launch of TSW2 we still have the Bakerloo line operating less than a Sunday service. We often hear the issue of layers but this route has ONLY one type of train so surely it should be possible to lift the timetable to a similar level as London Commuter?

• Like Like x 1
  23. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

There is a lot of talk. I evaluate what is there. And it now looks like nothing has happened for more than 4 months after release and no information is given.

• Like Like x 2
  24. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Thats from 1 week ago:

Screenshot_20220226-115842_Chrome.jpg

25. adlian_cc203

adlian_cc203 Member

In the last roadmap it was shown that there will be some update to Rapid Transit for the PIS and Destination board.
    Any update on the BR 1442 wrong PZB mode fix????

• Like Like x 1
  26. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

The M7A and M7 aren't the same train.

• Like Like x 1
  27. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

Admittedly mistakes are made, but it should be part of a learning process. Why do DTG made different versions of the same locomotive? This inevitably leads to conflicts errors further on. We have the GWE Class 66 and the ECW Class 66, ECW Class 377 and BML Class 377, NTP Mk2 coaching stock and Diesel Legends Mk2 coaching stock, WSR Class 52 'Western' and Diesel Legends 'Western'...

Unsurprisingly with the "Creators Club" now active this causes more issues and annoyance for users. For example: I wish to run Regional Railways liveried Mk2 coaching stock on NTP (as this is a route where the livery predominanted) but the livery editor compatible Mk2 coaching stock is on Diesel Legends?!

And yes priorities? 18 months from the much hyped launch of TSW2 and the Bakerloo line is still running a service level that is less than representative of a Sunday. It's not as if layers can be used as an argument as there is ONE type of train running in fixed formations. Surely if the significant challenge of an extensive timetable was overcome for London Commuter then it should be easier now to implement this on Bakerloo?

• Like Like x 4
  28. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

It has nothing to do with layers. The matter has been discussed quite openly on streams: Bakerloo cannot have a full RL timetable at present because the dispatcher routine as it currently is cannot handle it: it quickly devolves into a massive traffic snarl. It is an especial problem on Bakerloo because it is a completely enclosed route; all trains stay on it at all times and they can't be run in and out of portals as needed. And overhauling the dispatcher is a big, big core upgrade.

There are four mileposts in the dispatcher upgrade. Three of these have been met. The fourth, dynamic platform/siding assignment, is being worked on.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  29. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

You are 100% right. However the timetable was a huge selling point for TSW2 and it's not been met and has for now been scrapped, DTG can't perform miracles I do accept that and I understand why... But there were many people disappointed and I was one of them.

• Like Like x 1
  30. solicitr

I would not say "scrapped." That implies "abandoned, not going to be done." Say rather it is "on hold pending Dispatcher upgrade."

31. adlian_cc203

adlian_cc203 Member

What are the three that have been met if you might share?
    I think I missed when they talk about this dispatcher capability.

32. frank1116

frank1116 Well-Known Member

What about treating customers in a suitable manner ? Yes, i am the customer, and i have paid you money for a product which does not work as intended. So please refrain from insinuate frustration. I have seen countless messages with remarks like "We understand your frustration...; We will have a look into it;..." but no firm information at all about fixing the product. Only deleting a message is a pathetic response.

• Like Like x 8
  33. tallboy7648

Not sure why this was necessary to be honest. I didn't say anything inappropriate

• Like Like x 1
  34. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

If you quoted the bad language, that language is within your post. Best to ignore it and start a new post, without the quote.

35. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I suspect the dynamic ads will just give them the ability to adjust the graphics which appear in ad locations, so hopefully that'll just allow them to mix ads up and potentially get some real-life, route-appropriate ads in place, rather than the terrible "Blau" perfume ads we see currently.

Given how badly anything involving web interaction or DTLive has gone (eg. the mastery shambles, creator club, being able to stay logged in for more than a day at a time), I can't imagine anyone at Dovetail having the skills to implement properly targeted ads in the style of Google et al. And if, by some miracle, they do, I'll opt out. :D

• Like Like x 4
  36. tallboy7648

I like the idea of dynamic billboards/adverts. I don't however want to see german advertising on an American route or vice versa. The adverts need to be based on the country that I am playing in. Much better then the terrible "Blau" ads.

• Like Like x 1
  37. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

There is your error. You do not own anything, only the license to use it upon which you agreed.

Cheers

38. solicitr

The point is not about users airing grievances - that goes on here ALL THE TIME- but the basic rule that cussing isn't allowed. Complain all you like, but keep the language family-friendly.

39. solicitr

How has Creators Club been a shambles? It works smoothly and without a hitch for me (allowing for those times, which happen in any online game, when the servers get slammed and you just get a "busy signal")

40. Factor41

I've seen quite a few "it doesn't work" posts today in reference to Creator's Club, so its launch has been far from faultless. It was actually Mastery, which I said was a shambles, anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  41. solicitr

Yes, I have seen them too: and they all appear to be people whose uploads or downloads didn't connect because the servers were slammed.

The sheer volume of uploads to and downloads from CC militates any assertion that it "doesn't work."

42. Factor41

On the contrary, if there's a service for uploading things and downloading things, but isn't letting you upload things or download things, I'd say it doesn't work. The server not being fit for purpose only reinforces that.

• Like Like x 4
  43. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

It's not a shambles. Even though I don't intend to use it, the UI looks pretty good and fairly intuitive on my PC.
    I'm just not sure that it offers anything creatively beyond the existing Livery Editor and Scenario Planner, except the ability to share. As I've said before, it compares very poorly with the editors that come with TS. It's highly moderated by DTG in line with their restrictive TSW licensing.
    Plus I am reading that console players are having problems with access and management.

• Like Like x 1
  44. hoagy

hoagy Member

Well yeah, but the sharing is everything.

• Like Like x 1
  45. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

Whilst the Metro North M7A and LIRR M7 are different trains, they have the same traction motors and propulsion sounds. I really hope the sounds are accurately recreated for the Harlem Line. While the devs create the M7A, I also think there should be a patch to the LIRR that fixes the LIRR M7 audio so they are in sync in terms of audio quality

• Like Like x 1
  46. tallboy7648

I agree. The original m7 lirr sounds for tsw2020 were a bit off. The train when accelerating from a stop sounded like a bullet train which is not how it is in real life. Since the M7A and M7 along with the M3A and M3 sound exactly the same I hope the preservation crew can port the sounds on the m7a and m3a to the lirr m3 and m7

• Like Like x 1
  47. Factor41

Based on how these things usually go, I suspect the new ones will have the sounds lifted directly from LIRR.

48. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

The M7 and M3 engine sound was muff for some reason, so hopefully the team would create a better more realistic sound to the whole train overall, because from the route picture it looking really good and spot on, now all we need to is hear the engine sound, bell, horn, air conditioning sound, track noise of train going over track, bridges, and curving and junction noise, along with city ambient and the atmosphere. :D

49. BigMountain555

BigMountain555 Well-Known Member

Unless more 3rd party developers come on board, it seems like this will be a slow year regarding releases. Seems like Steam and Preservation are taking up a large chunk of DTG's resources. I predict that the preservation stuff will be done by fall. Steam will be done by late summer. Harlem line will be out in a few weeks. Thanks to the lack of an actual roadmap, I see nothing else by DTG in the pipeline. I hope I am wrong. Let's see what April's "roadmap" brings.

50. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

We're still yet to see what Just Trains will be bringing out for their first release. But their involvement should certainly make releases more frequent once the get the ball rolling.