Train Sim World 2 - Creators Club Beta!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG JD, Feb 24, 2022.

1. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Hear, hear. I'm so happy this is live now.

• Like Like x 2
  2. tuxcatazuma

tuxcatazuma Active Member

I totally agree! This adds so much variety and freshness to the gameplay. I look forward to seeing it expanded upon.

• Like Like x 2
  3. bassman612

bassman612 Member

I also had not used the livery designer or scenario planner for much other than to get the trophies on PS4. Now with CC, I'm really enjoying the work of some very talented people. I've run 11 user made scenarios during the past two days and enjoyed all of them. Creators Club definitely has me playing TSW 2 a lot more; great addition to this sim.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

it would be good if we could give feedback to the creators positive feed back. for instance ive played a scenario 2 times now and got stuck on a red light near brighton. Even though ive enjoyed playing this i would like to give positive feed back to the creator and tell him how much i enjoyed it and tell him i got stuck on the route

• Like Like x 5
  5. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Agreed. There should be a comments space, or at least a "Like" button. Download totals aren't really sufficient

• Like Like x 4
  6. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

I’ve just tried to upload my first scenario , but I can’t because of a message ‘there was an error whilst uploading the content’ . Anyone know how to fix this ?

ps I’m on Xbox series x

7. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

I must admit that I didn't fully realize the potential of CC when I first heard about it. Now, I see this as a defining feature of TSW2 and I look forward to watching it evolve.

Some future refinements that I think would be useful:
    1) The ability to search for content based on tags and the creator.
    2) The ability to choose whether or not a livery shows up as AI in addition to being selectable for driving.
    3) A way to keep up with what scenarios and liveries you have tried and a way to mark content as a favorite without subscribing to it.

It could be that some of these features are already here, but I haven't figured out how to use them yet!

• Like Like x 8
  8. solicitr

A request: we need more German freight wagons! We aren't doing badly for ZACNS tank cars, but for the rest the pickings are very slim.

• Like Like x 2
  9. breblimator

breblimator Guest

• Like Like x 1
  10. ehz0689

ehz0689 Well-Known Member

Still having issues with trying to get subscriptions. I have log off my account and log back in with no success.

11. Coastway trainspotter

Have you tried restarting your pc / console ?

12. ehz0689

No. I haven't figured out how to log out on my xbox

13. ehz0689

Yeah that didn't work either

14. Coastway trainspotter

I mean that you turn off your console , unplug it for a few minutes , then plug it back in

15. CrazyHorseyMan

CrazyHorseyMan Member

I usually just download an image of the operators logo (e.g.BNSF logo) and then open it in Gimp (a free software) and then pick the colours from the image.

• Like Like x 2
  16. solicitr

Logos in .png or .gif format are a great resource, because the colors are usually spot-on. However, often there are other colors- for example, "CSX Blue" is easy enough to track down- all three generations, 1980s, YN2, and YN3 - but the gray and (both shades of) yellow aren't in the logo, so one has to work from photographs: a PITA business, because photos are all over the map in terms of lighting, exposure, filters and (if shot on film) aging.

17. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

Would it be possible to make a filter, which shows if a lifery works in timetable or in scenario from scenario planner only. And if it works with such an scenario, then with which one?

18. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

I am really enjoying Creator's Club. The more I use it, the more I wish for the following features;

1) Scenarios I have already run are marked on CC
    2) The ability to tag a Scenario or Livery as a "Favorite" or "Try Later" in CC without downloading it
    3) Having my subscription list be divided into Scenarios and Liveries. Also, the ability to sort my subscriptions by route would be nice
    4) The ability to search by tags and routes
    5) When I amd searching by author from the in game launch of CC and I click on a creation by that author, having the back (ESC) button take me back to the results of my author search, not the main menu

CC is an excellent addition to the game. Thanks for getting the beta rolling.

Finally, an issue; there are two scenarios that I can't run. The first is:
    https://creatorsclub.dovetailgames.com/mods/2508
    IC with the 182 to Dresden by Tom Fresco. It loads in my game, but it won't let me double click on it to run it.

The other is:
    https://creatorsclub.dovetailgames.com/mods/12009
    Tharandt: Double Taurus for 1800 Tons by JBViper. It has the same issue: I subscribe, it downloads, it shows on the scenario planner menu, but won't launch.

I own all the German DLCs, so I don't think that is an issue. Other (excellent!) scenarios by these two authors have run fine for me. I have also loaded and run other scenarios on DCZ, logged out and back in to Dovetail Live, disabled my DCZ mod, and verified game file intergrity. Any ideas? Do these scenarios run fine for others?

• Like Like x 2
  19. FREDDY12332364

FREDDY12332364 New Member

could someone try to make a leman express train when the RABE 523 comes out pls
    [​IMG]

20. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

The 523 will not be allowed to be shared via Creators Club.

21. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

Really? :o Must have missed that info, when was that said?

22. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

It’s in their FAQ for it.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

True, that is sad, was looking forward to using it on other routes. Hopefully we will get some re-skins through the pre-CreatorClub channels at least (probably shouldn't say that :D ).

• Like Like x 1
  24. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Yeah I was hoping for some DB reskins…

Hopefully they’ll release the logos before then though.

25. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Sorry if this was explained before, but as I have no much time to read all the thread, if someone could help me, I will really appreciate it.
    I have tried to download some repaints, and scenarios for the first time yesterday.
    But when I press the "subscribe" button, I always have the "circle of dots" moving, and nothing happens even I have waited several minutes.

I cancel and press subscribe again, several times, but always the same!

There is something I must do different, or what is going wrong?

Look forward for your help and comments.

Note: I am using PS4.

Thanks!

26. CrazyHorseyMan

CrazyHorseyMan Member

Have you already tried logging off and on again? This is suppost to help.
    Edit:I encountered this problem and tried doing this method, but it didn't seem to be working.

27. grdaniel48

Thanks for your reply.

Well the fact is... how do you log off?
    I am not use to Dovetail live.
    I shut down the PS4, and started again, but when I enter, I was already connected.
    Tried again, and unfortunately the same issue.

28. solicitr

Go into "Settings". At bottom right there should be a button "Log out of Dovetail Live." Then when you quit and restart the game you should get the "Sign into DTL" dialog.

• Like Like x 1
  29. solicitr

Interesting- the "Featured" liveries right now include a (very nice) F7 redone in Pennsylvania RR Brunswick Green). Now, PRR was merged into Penn Central and that into Conrail, which eventually was split between CSX and Norfolk Southern. Technically, none of the above are on the approved list- but equally clearly, nobody is getting hot and bothered over a RL PRR livery.

30. grdaniel48

Thanks for your help solicitr.
    I will try it!

31. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

I guess beta may been correct after all.

32. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

I was never able to log into it. It took me out of the program.

33. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Having tried a few user-created scenarios lately, I'm kinda missing some features on the creators club or things that aren't completely clear to me.

• I really miss a rating system, as a scenario with many subscribers isn't necessarily good of quality. It may just be one of the first scenarios to be created. The way how most-subscribed items are shown on the front page only makes it more likely for them to get even more subscribers, despite of their quality, while any newly created scenarios may not get the attention they deserve.
    • I miss a way to play a subscribed scenario directly. Instead, I need to exit the creators club, find the route the scenario is made for (which could be a problem if the scenario description isn't clear).
    • I'd wish scenarios would indicate which route the scenario is set for, so I know where to find the scenario in case it isn't made clear in the description.
    • I find it slightly odd that scenarios are listed under the Tools menu, rather than the Scenarios menu. There's also no way to distinghuish subscribed scenarios from my own created scenarios.
    • I don't have any indication how long a user-created scenario takes to complete. In good old Train Simulator there was a setting dedicated to a scenarios estimated time (as well as difficulty) that the creator needed to set and was shown in the scenario menu. Would be nice to get a similar feature in TSW.
    • Several scenarios show user-created liveries, but it's unclear to me what happens when I subscribe to those. Would it auto-subscribe to the liveries as well, or would I just be driving the train in its usual livery?
    • There's no way to distinguish realistic liveries in the livery section, when someone isn't familiar with all kinds of foreign brands. Perhaps adding a tag would be enough.
    • There seems to be no way to filter out any items that require DLC I don't have, and the indication icon that I do or do not have the required DLC isn't shown when browing the creators club though the Dovetail Live webpage.

• Like Like x 4
  34. rigsby#3981

rigsby#3981 Well-Known Member

I’ve been reading up a few post on here to try get an idea on how this whole new feature works in the back ground sense. You see I enjoy doing the liveries and I’ve done over 40 of them. Ive had to set up these are two separate mods profiles to get around my game crashing and losing all my liveries. I do make a back up so that ain’t a problem. The problem is it crashing in the first place and having too set up other accounts to get around it. I have noticed when it comes to your subs and viewing what else they have is a issue in you can’t fully see them all. No not sure if this is down to them not being properly published yet. Ie I have some on the hub but when when I look at my mods from the TSW2 page on ps app it says 12 out of 22 been published,,which makes sense as when I go back on the PS4 in too my other mods from the sub screens to see then it shows 12,,yet I have uploaded 22. The other 12 are in the system tho if you look for them in the livery search menu. And it’s the same again when I look at my other mods where I’ve uploaded 11 but only 6 show when I look at them from the subs menu,,the menu you see when you look at what the player has uploaded. So this is why you don’t see them all when you looking at other players mods where it may say 22 uploaded yet you can only scroll 12. It’s because they may have not been properly published. But how does this system work,,ie does it not get published properly when you first upload?. And I’ve been noticing liveries with pc like editing which is fine it’s that’s allowed,,yet for me it can be frustrating then if that’s the case because I only do mine all by hand as I have no master skins or what ever they are because mine is it not working even tho I’m driver level 114. So when it comes to liveries I do take a lot of pride in doing them and if they succeed then against pc like editing then that’s a bonus for me. I do both kind of liveries from BR type to my own fictional ones. I do the fictional ones in a way I’d like to see a loco on the main line. It adds extra fun in making them and again a sense of pride when they fit in with other company brands. I’ve uploaded a pic or two to see if you’d agree if it’s done sort of right it can work with fictional liveries and by hand. I also understand that the community as whole sim world is having fictional liveries goes against what sim world means and I’d agree it does so that is why I do them as realistic as possible because I my self I’m creating my own world liveries for what I’d like some locos to look like because I get enjoyment from both making them and driving them. TSW2 has given many a chance if so to do that. Yes there may be many issues still but isn’t what that achieved good for those on console that love doing this type of stuff. So yes my first post on here and like I say just reading up to get the vibe and to add some of my own views on some of the issues some players may be having. Here are my liveries I mentioned. Hope you like.

Attached Files:

35. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

No, you dont Download the repaints used in a scenario automatically when subscribing to a scenario.
    I mention used liverys with name and author in the scenariodescription, because unfortunately you cant directly link another Mod from the CC in your entry.
    If you dont have the correct ones installed, the trains will just spawn in their Default livery, but wont prevent it from starting or working.

36. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Thanks for the information, but this is information the game should be providing. I shouldn't have to ask such questions on a forum.

• Like Like x 1
  37. Sintbert

Sintbert Well-Known Member

I remember them saying, that exactly that should be automatic in some early streams about this. Specially because SteamWorkshop doesn't do this and Matt wanted to do this better...

38. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I don’t think there is true compatibility between platforms. I have subscribed to numerous scenarios that don’t work and I suspect that is due to the dispatcher not doing the same things on PS5 as it does on PC. Trains appear to be cleared to proceed in a different order or are never cleared, causing permanent red signals later on. I don’t think there are creators sharing scenarios that don’t work on their machines so they must be acting differently on different platforms. It’s becoming quite an issue that scenarios end up with trains in gridlock and progress is blocked. All of the scenarios are near the top of the ‘most popular’ list as well, so must work for other people.

I haven’t supplied specific examples here because it is difficult to match a scenario as seen in the scenario planner to which one it is in creators club as the names do not match and there is no direct link between the two systems. I can’t therefore be sure which subscriptions are the scenarios that don’t work. That also makes it difficult to unsubscribe and on at least one occasion I have tried to unsubscribe unsuccessfully and the scenario has stayed on my system.

• Like Like x 1
  39. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

How would you know? There's no way to comment or vote on a scenario. Those who subscribed to it might as well have ran into the same problems as you do.

"Most popular" says nothing about the quality of the scenario. It may, at first sight, look like an interesting scenario. It may require only the base game. Or perhaps it's just because it was one of the very first few scenarios made and thus got most attention.

I have also ran into a scenario where trains were gridlocked. That was made by the same author who created a pretty fun scenario. But without any comments, it's hard to judge it's just me running into these problems.

• Like Like x 1
  40. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

You’re right, that’s why I can’t really do a proper bug report about it because there are so many variables at play and I can only go off people saying how good a scenario is in comments here and finding that it doesn’t work for me and some occasions where it was obvious that a train that is following me was supposed to have left before me but I have the green signal from the start. When things in the author’s description don’t match with what happens in the scenario then it seems to me that it probably works for them, and with all these things adding up can I say that I reckon it is probably a platform specific thing. Also if the unsubscribing system isn’t working then any bad scenarios will stay popular but I just can’t see people uploading scenarios that don’t work for them, or them writing a description that isn’t what actually happens.

If I can bring myself to do it, I may start logging all the scenarios I subscribe to, copying the descriptions down and then seeing if they work in order to compile a better evidence based log of what I see for a detailed bug report, it’s just that it seems like an awful lot of work when I’m supposed to be relaxing.

41. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Unless their QA is flawed xD

In all seriousness though, I've created several scenarios for good old Train Simulator and playtested them all. However, in some cases, a scenario still appeared to be bugged after release. So even with good playtesting, bugs can happen. But without a commenting system, there's no efficient way to let the author know something's wrong. Shame really. After spending time to develop a scenario, it's a shame one is bugged without the author knowing it.

That's not to say your theory about differences between platforms isn't right. It's a valid theory, but there's just no way of being sure that's actually the cause of the problems.

• Like Like x 1
  42. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

As a Creator, i know this issue myself.
    With some scenarios, i made a test run that worked, uploaded it and saw a letsplay of it on YouTube where the player got stuck.
    Dont know why this happens , if i get tagged on the Forums or see it somewhere else i try to fix it.
    It could be that if you are late/early, the dynamic Dispatcher does its thing and gets you locked somehow......

But the traffic jam or trains getting stuck behind one another is sometimes wanted, but on the other end of the route as you're going. for example when i make a scenario in SKA bound for Aachen, there is AI Traffic which passes you, more than there is space in Cologne, and so they get in a Jam. Normally you wont notice that as youre driving away from it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  43. grdaniel48

Please notice about one special issue which affects Scenarios.
    If you for some reason have to save it, and load it again, TSW2 behavior about it - unfortunately! - is time of the saved game, it is not the time on which was saved. It is the "starting" time of it!

I mean if the Scenario starts at for example 08:00 AM, and then after running some time, for some reason you have to saved at 08:25, then when you load it, your train and the others AI trains that have already starting moving at that time, are in the right position.
    But, the other trains which did not started to move before you save the game, will be at its start position yet, as for them it is still 08:00 AM!.
    So this implies, they will start moving 25 minutes later of their programed time instead!

This can cause the red lights!
    Despite they will move sometime, but you will have to wait so long for it!

Conclusion: until DTG does not solve the big issue about when you save an Scenario or Timetable and then load it, the time must the same as saved. Not the starting time of the Scenario or timetable!

• Like Like x 3