Euro Fishing Waldsee Confirmed Catchable Boss Fish.

Discussion in 'Xbox' started by SPACE ODDITY, Jan 13, 2018.

1. SPACE ODDITY

SPACE ODDITY Active Member

I am chasing boss perch on the new lake, since that last big update for the game, I am finding it hard catching small type of fish.

2. Ixhuntxpandas

Ixhuntxpandas New Member

Anybody still fishing this lake regularly?

3. daverz74

daverz74 Member

Yes managed to catch all the boss on that lake PS4

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Ixhuntxpandas

Ixhuntxpandas New Member

Do you remember what you used for Gretel? I've been after her for weeks with 0 luck.

5. VulcanCCIT

VulcanCCIT New Member

I have a few questions for all of you fishing experts out there :) SO I have had the game for a few weeks... I live in the Western part of the US and have fished a few times in my life, mainly when I was a teenager with my dad.... I am now 58 years old!...We fished a lot of rivers catching trout with fish eggs and a bobber as well as some mountain lakes.

SO a lot of the terms in this game I do not know what they mean.... mainly, why are these prized fish called BOSS fish? I only have the bigger real and I bought some corn and I think a new hook.. Can I catch the Boss fish with that or do I need to upgrade my equipment? So far I do not have enough points for any new rods. I did see that barbell bait... I have about 2400XP. Sorry for the newb questions but I find all of this fascinating and fun!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
  6. SPACE ODDITY

Hi VulcanCCIT, welcome to the forums. Here in Europe some fish gain a reputation for one thing or another and are given names. A fish maybe given a name because of its size (weight), it's character (Its hard to catch), or the fish has unique features. In my local pond we have a carp called scar because he has what looks like a scar on his nose. Scar isn't the biggest fish in my local pond, but he has that feature that makes him different from his bro & sisters ;)

Who created scar's name, I have no idea. I have always presumed if you fish a pond and its common knowledge the biggest carp is say 30lbs, and you beat that and catch a 32lbs carp, I guess you could name the fish, document catch, and inform lake owner.

As for the game, you can just about catch any boss fish using any equipment or bait. Obviously using certain baits will improve the odds of catching a type of fish you are aiming to catch. Like Tiger nuts/boilies for Carp and cat fish, corn for Carp, Tench, Bream. Worm for Roach, Perch and Rudd. Upgrading your equipment isn't necessary for catching boss fish, but upgrading will make life easier when hooking and reeling in a boss. Upgrading line strength will reduce the chance of line snapping when fighting a big fish, and I think it reduces time reeling in fish. Upgrading rod helps casting to those out of reach spots.

If you are after boss fish, I personally fish weeds using a Hinge Rig 4 on either pop up tiger nuts or pop up boilies. There is plenty of information on these forums to help if needed, but bare in mind with the game leaning towards chance, some tactics work but not for others.

7. SPACE ODDITY

I have been chasing Claudia for 8 months and still no luck. I bought Fishing Sim World today, first boss I catch is Claudia on Waldsee. FML, its like the game is toying with me lol

8. EVIL IVIONKEY

EVIL IVIONKEY New Member

I play on xbox. Can anyone confirm that Mia is still catchable on Waldsee? I have caught over a hundred roach on this lake, two of which were 3lbs 5ozs (they even looked bigger), but no Mia.

9. Smitty

Smitty New Member

I didn't start this game until June, after the last DLC Lilies came out. As far as I know the game hasn't been patched since then and I have caught all boss fish on Waldsee so they should all still be catchable.
    I don't remember what I caught Mia with but got Claudia at least twice whilst looking for Gretel, fishing with size 8 gravel hooks and worms in the top right part of the lake.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
  10. EVIL IVIONKEY

EVIL IVIONKEY New Member

I didn't start it until September. Thank you for the input and congrats on your recent completion. Guess I just haven't put my time in yet.

11. SPACE ODDITY

Well, after chasing her on and off for almost 5 years. I have finally got my last boss fish Claudia ;)

Claudia.png

• Like Like x 1
  12. sicknote

sicknote Member

Congrats i have Euro with all lakes im defo going back FSW.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SPACE ODDITY

Yeah I went back to Euro Fishing to clean up the boss fish I need. I have 1 boss left on Lilies and 3 boss on Hunters Lake, then I am done. Then I will jump back in on FSW and work on those boss.

• Like Like x 1
  14. sicknote

sicknote Member

What platform are you running?

15. SPACE ODDITY

I am on Xbox pal.

16. sicknote

sicknote Member

Shame i presume it isnt cross platform.