Other Experiencing A Crash?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by DTG Natster, Feb 2, 2022.

1. Gasdesh

Gasdesh Member

PlayStation 4

Crashes every 10/15 minutes on all lines with liveries downloaded from the Creator Club

• Like Like x 2
  2. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

Device: Xbox Series S
    Where: Creator's Club
    Type of Crash: Out of Memory Error
    Situation:
    I have discovered an out of memory error with Creator's club. Here is the process that ultimately led to this crash. I opened up Creator's Club and I wanted to upload a livery. I entered in all of the information. However, the problem lies within adding screenshots to the upload. I am someone who has taken a lot of railfan shots. I have over 5,000 screenshots ever since the release of TSW2. When I was searching for an image I took months ago, I was on a page of images loading, and then I got an out of memory error. To better explain this, I have linked a stream of this crash happening twice to me.
    Link:

Timestamps where crashes occur: 16:40 & 21:27

Feel free to watch farther before that to get any more information as possible. These crashes are really frustrating because I am now unable to find screenshots for my submitted liveries, ultimately meaning I am unable to upload any liveries, just because I have too many railfan shots.

3. grahamsarea18

grahamsarea18 Member

Platform: Xbox one

Crash report: attempt to use creators club.

2nd crash report: Main game screen failed.

Uninstalled and then power cycled xbox one. Reinstalled main game and add-ons including newest updates.

Seems to be something with the newest update.

Date: 02/27/22

4. brfan#9132

brfan#9132 Active Member

Xbox Series S
    London Commuter
    Any service starting from London Victoria

So I am trying to play London Commuter and when I try and load into a service starting from Victoria it seems to crash and I think it is crashing because of the Southeastern services.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. teamcrazy#8012

teamcrazy#8012 New Member

• What platform are you on: Xbox Series S
    • Route/loco: <London Commuter/Class 387/2GX
    • Service/scenario: 1D80 London Victoria to Gatwick Airport 14:58
    • Location of crash As leaving London Victoria get out of memory and crash back to dashboard
    • Here is a link to a video to show what is happening also I can play this over and over and it crashes every time. it stop the recording as it crashes
    • https://1drv.ms/v/s!AlfvlSLo_4bowjN9kskLKtoNfGVH

Last edited: Feb 27, 2022
  6. grahamsarea18

grahamsarea18 Member

The main game is crashing on my xbox one. I have uninstalled then power cycled xbox. Evan after reinstalled, all problem persists. It seems to be a problem with the update that allowed creators club access. Cannot load or play hundreds of $$$ worth of TSW2 game/add-ons. This is unacceptable and needs to not only be fixed/patched immediately. I'm sure you have a team dedicated to problems such as this. So I can continue to enjoy the product(s) I have paid good money for. I didnt pay with corrupt bitcoins. So I dont expect to be sold glitchy games products.

Sincerely,
    Your loyal payee

7. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Sorry to hear this grahamsarea18 Can you give me some specific repro steps to run? we're not seeing this generally at all but it may be something affecting your play - get me some repro steps from starting the game that result in consistent crashes and I can get people on it.

8. Noel06

Noel06 Well-Known Member

Can I have the link for Discord, please?

9. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Theres isn't one its just to his discord DM he was talking about

10. Noel06

Noel06 Well-Known Member

And what is DM?

11. CowBoyWolf

Direct message

12. uwetschu#8059

uwetschu#8059 New Member

• PlayStation 4
    • Nahverkehr Dresden / Dresden Rushhour
    • Any Loco (101 not installed)
    • About 2 km to Dresden Hbf, occasionally somewhere else when driving in the direction of Dresden Hbf

I get the 34878-0 error on that route and only on that route. Most of the errors happened being close to a pzb-signal or around a sifa-alert.
    I also experience a crash when swapping liveries for the BR 363 (V60) that comes with the route.

No errors or crashes on any other route.

EDIT:
    Did a test run without the recommended Dove Tail Live reset, so there were no custom liveries in place. It crashed anyway 1,7km before Dresden Hbf.
    So Dresden - Riesa is unplayable in it‘s current state on PS4. Please fix or refund.

(No issues/crashes on Rhein-Ruhr Osten, Ruhr-Sieg Nord, Hamburg-Lübeck, Hauptfahrstrecke Köln with BR 363 and G6 addons.)

Last edited: Mar 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  13. martren

martren New Member

• Platform: XBOX ONE X
    • map/livery designer
    • Location of crash: Photos below
    • Hi everyone,
      the game crashes when i view the map. Also in the design part, it is a disaster. It lets me choose the color once, and then I can't use the pad to choose another option (photo 3)

Attached Files:

14. edhunterfc.cf

edhunterfc.cf New Member

Platform Xbox One
    GWE
    Starting Creator Club Scenario [TF] FGW HST TO PADDINGTON
    The game dumps me to Xbox desktop the instant you try starting this scenario.

15. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

Windows 10 20H2
    SEHS
    First Journey of chapter 2 (1F15?)
    Got a Windows blue screen of death as soon as I clicked "unlock doors" upon arriving at St. Pancras. No problems completing the first chapter of journeys a few weeks ago. Just updated my graphics drivers to see if that helps, even though the ones I had would have been installed (and current) when I played last. Since it's after 11 p.m., I'll try the replay tomorrow.

16. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

Alright, finally I’ve remembered to go here.

Platform: PlayStation 5
    Route/Loco: Peninsula Corridor, with the F40 PH-2CAT
    Service: 262 San Francisco - San Jose Diridon
    Located at South San Francisco Yard. A few seconds after passing two sets of hoppers sitting in the yard to my right, I received the crash.

Also, I have the MP36PH-3C and the MP15DC installed.

The same exact crash happened to me previously, may or may not have been the same service. Peninsula Corridor has been one of the more common crashers for me.

17. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

Following up: I tried the next trip, 1F22, which goes the other way from St. Pancras to Faversham without a problem; then the Faversham - St. Pancras run (1F43) after that, which went fine as well. Then I replayed 1F15 also without issue.

There were two differences in last night's run that crashed. One was that a green signal showed on the HUD as I pulled into St. Pancras where there should have been nothing, and the other was that I was around 10 minutes late due to inept driving. Tonight my time was much better, and that HUD signal wasn't there. Is it possible that because I was so late, I was shunted onto a different track that was bugged?

18. thomastl59374

thomastl59374 Well-Known Member

Xbox one
    SKA (expansion pack timetable)
    ICE3
    Time: March, clear with bit of custom cloud.
    Service: ICE 16 to Bruxelles Midi
    Crashed as soon as I began to set off, after waiting for the proper departure time. A 766.2 was entertaining Köln station whilst a 423 was leaving.

19. Ensor42

Ensor42 Well-Known Member

Platform: Xbox One S
    Route / loco: London Commuter / Class 387
    Scenario: Catch Up
    All DLCs installed

Crashed 2 miles from stop at London Victoria, just after the speed reduction to 45mph. One of those "buzz" type crashes where it makes a buzzing sound for a few seconds, then closes the game. This was the specific crash I had today, but these happen commonly in the vicinity of London Victoria, as well as "out of memory" forced game closures, both in services and scenarios, using either train. Seemingly the same crashes plague runs on both Dresden routes when approaching the Dresden area of said routes.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2022
  20. thomastl59374

thomastl59374 Well-Known Member

Platform: Xbox one
    Route/loco: SKA, DB BR 423
    Service: New Journeys timetable, S19 Duren 10:59
    Weather: March, light rain with full clouds
    Crash details: I had previously been using the livery designer, saved and quiting it a couple of times. I then browsed creators club.
    The crash occurred when I was leaving Köln station after starting the service.
    It occurred instantly after the first increase to the speed limit.
    After loading back into the game and the same service with the same weather the crash did not occur.

21. doomedcookie

doomedcookie Active Member

Hello Matt it was in Timetable when choosing the 2017 or the current Timetable. I had Autoload on too.

22. audio.video.rambo

audio.video.rambo Member

Platform: PC
    Route: Rhein-Ruhr-Osten
    Loco: DB-G6
    Scenario: Hibernal Heaven

Game crashes every time but on a different place. It doesn't matter what I do or how I do it... Did try scenario 5 times and it crashed every time.

Attached
    dump files (...\Documents\My Games\TrainSimWorld2\Saved\Crashes)

Link to video: 326 MB, 5min unedited (link will expire on March 21 2022)
    https://www.jumbomail.me/j/B0AeOWbb...ce=jmemail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sent

Attached Files:

23. CowBoyWolf

Qoute from another thread>>> I'd like to expand upon this. I've found this crash is not just limited to the Hibernal Heaven scenario, but rather that it can occur at any time the G6 is operated with the Multiple Unit Mode switch set to "Master", regardless of if it's coupled to another G6 or not.

• Like Like x 2
  24. brfan#9132

brfan#9132 Active Member

Xbox Series S
    London Commuter
    Service:any starting at London Victoria
    After today’s update it has made no fix trying to play the route at London end and I have updated it

25. Pookiebarra

Pookiebarra Active Member

Still crashes on Approach to Victoria... I am really pissed offffffffffffff

• Like Like x 1
  26. speedy2972

speedy2972 Active Member

London commuter still crashes even after the update, was trying to do the 07-29 Reigate to Victoria, bearing in mind that this was the third service I was doing, first service out of Victoria, no problems, second service, this time into Victoria, again no problems.
    Maybe the QA team shouldn't be called quality assurance, maybe it should be, the QLACE team, Quietly Laughing At Customers Expense team.

• Like Like x 2
  27. alx737

alx737 New Member

Not a huge issue but thought I should still report it. I am playing on Xbox Series X. After the update today I can play the game just fine, however if I try to load my Magnet for Trouble save file for Sherman Hill the game then crashes and sends me back to my Xbox home screen.

28. St3vo

St3vo New Member

Steam. Loading savegame on West Cornwall crashes to desktop.

29. ncrailfan#7182

ncrailfan#7182 New Member

I have also found that London Commuter still crashes on PC (Steam) following the most recent update. I have though narrowed this down to occurring only when Southeastern High Speed is installed. Removing this DLC allows London Commuter to work in my limited testing. Hope this helps the devs track this down or some of you guys get your game running for now.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2022
  30. razmatus#2517

razmatus#2517 Well-Known Member

after allowing Bidstack, it now crashes right after I skip the intro movie and the intro screens :/

• Like Like x 1
  31. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

Device: Xbox Series S
    Route: Harlem Line
    Service: Train 616 Southeast to GCT (Journey Mode)
    What happened: So I was doing the express service from the first chapter in journey mode. I had just completed the service before it, and clicked continue journey to go onto service 616. Leading up to the crash, I was less than 5 miles from Harlem 125th street. I was going to go into free camera to watch my train fly by. However, as soon as I clicked free camera, my game froze and then crashed. Here is the footage for any additional information you can get:
    Timestamp is at around the 1 hour mark

32. TimoSGD

TimoSGD New Member

What platform are you on: Xbox One
    Route/loco: Nahverkehr Dresden-Riesa/All
    Service/scenario: All
    Location of crash: Dresden-Mitte

• Like Like x 1
  33. btom

btom Member

Crash playing Sherman Hill today 03-18-22 on PC, blue screen of death, and 3 more crashes after that, happened right after the Steam Update, I disabled Bitbillboard Ad, PC doing strange things now

34. bobsofine409

bobsofine409 New Member

Experienced a crash twice in the same place. PC platform, Peninsula Corridor. Service: UP3 Southbound Loaded Hoppers, with GP-28-2UP about 4.8 miles from Millbrae. Latest nVidia driver V30.0.25.1179 on 2080 Super. Games closes and exits to desktop, no bluescreen.

35. btom

btom Member

On my PC, the Sherman Hill route is crashing, it began to happen right after the latest Steam Update for the new BitStack billboard update on Steam or something. When I was asked by the Steam app during the recent Update if I wanted the BitStack option I checked NO, and then after the Steam Update I went in TSW2 Settings Option and checked the box for NO BitStack billboard, that is when TSW2 Sherman Hill started multiple crashing on my Windows 11 PC. So I ended the TSW2 game and went on Youtube watching random videos and Youtube started crashing my PC, this has never happened before. So assuming that the Steam app was still running in the background on my PC, I figured that it might be the Steam app with it's new BitStack update that is causing my PC to crash. So I went into my Windows Task Manager thinking the problem is with the Steam app and I disabled the Steam App from starting up when I start my PC with Windows. Then I shut down my PC, waited then restarted Windows again, this time without the Steam app starting up. I don't have the Steam app running on my PC as of now and there's no more PC crashes, with or without TSW2, I think there's a bug in the programming on that new BitStack billboard Update on the Steam app, I don't think it's related to TSW2 game because my PC crashed when TSW2 was not running but the Steam app was running on my PC in the background. Or it might be related to the TSW2 Sherman Hill DLC route, not sure. Hope this gets resolved.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2022
  36. CowBoyWolf

Think it might be Windows 11 issue since i have no issues with my PC

37. btom

btom Member

I don't understand how my PC crashes can be related to Windows 11 because I've been on Windows 11 for 5 months now and have been on Youtube watching videos for over 5 months using Windows 11 and never had any issues or problems with Youtube videos, the problem with the PC crashes only began yesterday after the latest Steam app Update.

38. CowBoyWolf

I don't have any clue then since i have bidstack enabled and that does not crash anything on my end

39. btom

btom Member

During the Steam Update, I immediately selected NO BidStack, and since you enabled BidStack and you have no PC crashes, maybe there is a problem when BidStack is disabled on Windows.

40. btom

btom Member

maybe the issue with the crashes is with my Windows PC, because a few days ago I changed my RAM memory speed from the default 2400 MHz to XMP 3200 MHz, and just now while on Youtube I experienced another crash, twice, so now thinking the crashes might be related to my RAM speed change, I went into my BIOS and changed memory speed back to the 2400 MHz default, I'll run my RAM speed at the default 2400 for awhile and see if my memory speed change was causing the crashes. My fingers crossed.

41. tardisgaming07

tardisgaming07 Well-Known Member

Device:PC
    Can't get the game to load at all

Crash Message:
    LoginId:e5ed121c4b38076a06a92cac7b7ea417
    EpicAccountId:

LowLevelFatalError [File:Unknown] [Line: 3983] Retry was NOT sucessful.

TS2Prototype_Win64_Shipping
    kernel32
    ntdll

42. tardisgaming07

At least you can load the game

43. bobsofine409

bobsofine409 New Member

I'm on Win10 and I've experienced 2 crashes since the Steam update a few days ago. From reading other posts I suspect the it might have something to do with the Bidstack's communications with the Steam server since the crashes appear to stop when Steam is not running in the background.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  44. btom

btom Member

I went into my PC BIOS and changed RAM speed to the 2400 MHz default early today, no crashes so far, and I have the Steam app on disable from startup, so my crashes were either #1 my ram memory speed or, #2 the Steam app with the BitStack update, one of those 2 is the culprit because right now my PC is not crashing.

45. btom

btom Member

I am narrowing my recent PC crashes to my PC ram memory timing at being the culprit, I was on Youtube today with no Steam nor TSW2 game running and I experienced a problem, so I shut the PC down and went into the bios settings for ram memory and change the 4x8gb sticks of ram memory from XMP 3200 MHz profile down to XMP 3000, so I'll run things at that speed and see if it works or not, but I am beginning to believe that TSW2 game nor Steam is causing the crashes, that's my suspicion right now

46. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

Verify your game files. "Retry was NOT successful" means your game files got corrupted through an update.

47. tardisgaming07

done it.working now.

48. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

• platform: pc
    • Route/loco: Bakerloo Line, 1938 stock
    • Service/scenario: scenario Rainy Nights
    • Location of crash When entering London Road depot, about 30 yards before the final destination of the train
    Included: save game (last checkpoint, 5 minutes before the crash and Unreal engine crash report.
    After resuming from the savepoint, I could complete the scenario without further issues.

Attached Files:

49. speedy2972

speedy2972 Active Member

I have discovered a workaround for the crashes on DRA around the Dresden mitte area for Xbox series s, although it may work on other consoles, plus (possibly) only on non stop services.
    I tried the 05-49 Riesa to Dresden service with just DRA and base game activated, no other content installed, between Neustadt and Mitte there's an 80 km/h speed limit so I got to line speed and clicked the Xbox button bringing up the Xbox menu with the game still playing in the background, lo and behold I got to the station.... But then I had to brake so I could perform the stop, at roughly 15kn/h with freight train to the right, guess what, it crashed, no out of memory error, just switched off the game.
    Wondering if anyone could give this a try.
    Oh settings were motion blur turned off, clear weather in march.

50. Der Uni

Der Uni Well-Known Member

I have multiple chrashes since the Update yesterday:
    Two of them i was able to record in Video...
    • What platform are you on: PC/Steam
    • Route/loco: London Commuter Class 387
    • Service/scenario: Timetable #1D24 - 7:57 from London Victoria
    • Location of crash: After i passed the Station "Streatham Common" the Crash accured

Second...

• What platform are you on: PC/Steam
    • Route/loco: Schnellfahrstrecke Köln - Aachen SKA - ICE
    • Service/scenario: Timetable #ICE 16 - 11:45 from Köln
    • Location of crash: After starting the Service and go on the external Camera (Key "3")