What's The Next Big Thing Tsw2 Offers Up

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by chieflongshin, Jan 22, 2022.

1. raptorengineer

raptorengineer Active Member

i donno what else is big that come to mine. vr is off table for now, multiplayer is being planed or consider but years away. steam is almost here.
    at this point i just see route releases and improvements to that creator club and steam element.

2. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

I would not be surprised to see DX12 at some point, but I don't think it will happen for a while. It would need to drop support for older versions of Windows, DirectX11 is supported on 7 & 8, 12 isn't though. I don't see them making the move until Windows 8's extended support from Microsoft is over in 2023 at the very least.

The upgrade dispatcher I suppose could happen, but frankly at this point I ain't holding my breath on it. Frankly I would not be surprised if it ends up as vaporware, kind of like the multiplayer that was mentioned years back.

3. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Says the hardware snob. Let the peasants eat lo-res!

• Like Like x 1
  4. mariussoare_84

mariussoare_84 Well-Known Member

You know what, I´m not even get upset because of that. I´ll shoot you smiling. :)
    And to make it even more snob, I received today my new gaming chair, a Recaro Exo. What a piece it is!

5. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

It really is a bit dismissive to say to people that they deserve no more than Windows 95-era graphics and limited gameplay unless they are disposed to drop 3 to 5000 dollars on a toy- which is what a gaming computer is. A PC for productive work needs only a fraction of the performance. I am certainly not scraping to put food on the table, but I can think of a lot better places to put my money than a piece of recreational kit.

• Like Like x 1
  6. mariussoare_84

mariussoare_84 Well-Known Member

I respect your opinion. I didn´t mean to offend you or anyone else.

I started a bit slow in school at math particularly and I learned early that you get some support for a while but if you slack around the time and opportunities will not wait for you. So I learned my lesson and ended up loving geometry.

DTG offers products that cater to all categories of hardware. I´m not saying you or anyone else deserve something. I am saying to leave each product be in its own league and don´t expect that all new releases are at your level.
    Pushing limits is the key to evolution, otherwise not leaving our comfort zone is good for keeping things afloat and that´s about it.

7. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

Strangely TSW always ran far better than TS on my computer

• Like Like x 2
  8. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

You've probably got a fast multicore processor, whereas TSC is designed for a fast single core one.
    The more you can get one core to do the better TSC runs even better if you can force it to run in a core not being used by much else

9. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

I'll look into that once I get my new PC, only one more paycheck hopefully

10. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Yeah, since I got my new computer, TS gives me too much lagspikes every few seconds, while TSW runs extremely smooth. Does give me the feeling TS isn't optimized for newer computers. Haven't really touched TS since I got my new computer.

11. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

TS isn't optimised for any computer, and given it's based on DX9 (with some DX11 thrown in) I doubt it ever will be

• Like Like x 1
  12. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

I suspect nothing will change with DTG getting most of it's profit from 8th gen.

13. gogglesguy

gogglesguy Well-Known Member

I suddenly would like to see a Zeppelin in tsw

• Like Like x 1