Ts22 - Br Class 700 Out Now

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Jan 27, 2022.

1. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Why do you want/need a generic Jamie reply? If it makes you feel any better I'll type his answer for him, save him having to bother..

"We are aware of some minor issues, these are being looked into"

There..

Job done.

Just buy the AP 444/450 pack you know it'll sound better than DTG's fixes anyway.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

As quiet as they've been about it. You're probably better off spending the extra on those AP packs. As the unofficial patch that was done for it seems highly regarded as a great reason to now actually purchase the 700 DLC. This, I will admit is messed up on DTG's part because it very much seems the attitude that this is how much they care about what they're throwing out these days. Whether or not the content is decent enough, it will still be a money-maker on the basis that someone outside will help them sell mediocre content through patches and enhancements. Thus making the DLC's they produce, possibly costing you, the consumer, extra, just to get as much actual authenticity from it as possible.

• Like Like x 1
  3. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Sorry, I disagree, at least partially. Why should I buy an AP Enhancement Pack for a train I'm not interested in (the class 444/450) just to correct a train that I am (the class 700)? Plus DTG could break the patch the applies it to the class 700 at any time with their own update. I'll be happy to buy an AP EP for the class 700 when they release one for the class 700 but in the meantime DTG should bring their own product up to an acceptable standard.

It would be nice to know that DTG are working on fixes and only Jamie can confirm that.

• Like Like x 1
  4. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

You don’t buy a house to use a mates toilet. Likewise with dlc

• Like Like x 4
  5. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

Extremely valid points.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Indeed, as r_c_s said extremely valid points, only issue in this equation is DTG, I'm not letting them off the hook, far from it, they should release day one 100% tested and to the best of their abilities accurately (within reason) portrayed DLC, but they don't and let's face it they probably wont, as mentioned before they'll make their money either way and that's their primary focus.

The only problem with your request is a) Assuming Jamie knows anything AND will accurately portray DTG's stand point regarding their terrible customer support and satisfaction (I believe Homeland security have more freedom of speech about their workplace than DTG staff have about theirs) and b) the fix (just like the 323) will be just as awful with 1 or 2 things mildly improved anyway.

So like I said if you want a decent 700 get the patch and hope and prey DTG don't bugger it up with their "fix" if and when it arrives (again like the 323) and live in hope that the NEXT thing DTG release (and everything thereafter) is bloody tested and fixed and not released because the accountant noticed a dip in the profits the previous month and insists it should be released regardless of it's current working state!

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. slenderman7676RBLX

slenderman7676RBLX Member

For those who obviously are dissapointed by the quality of the 700. AP are working on an EP as we speak right now. Will include 700, 707 and a 717.

• Like Like x 1
  8. RizGE777

RizGE777 Member

717 is AI only, but will be driveable with the Class 700 cab.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2022
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. 2martens

2martens Well-Known Member

I like this announcement. This means they have the licence for that class. Chances are, this class will come to TSW 2 Brighton Main Line as well.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Not a huge fan of AP piggybacking off of it for their own profit instead of getting paid for the sounds for the default pack. The EP could have still been done even if the sounds went in the DTG pack. This is merely going to make the DTG model useless without the AP enhancements because people will not want to make scenarios without the pack. I mean, the ATS one should be enough; the AP one is unnecessary to me, but the “status class” will insist on seeing it everywhere. Gross if you ask me.

• Like Like x 2