Removed From The Roadmap 22 February 2022

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by CryPosthuman, Mar 2, 2022.

1. CryPosthuman

CryPosthuman Member

"Finally, the Train Sim World 2: New Journeys Expansion Pack and the Sand Patch Grade updates have been removed from the Roadmap, because they have now been released." (That's in the Roadmap post from 22. Feb.)

Can someone please explain to me, what is the meaning of that?
    Why is Sand Patch Grade removed from the preservation roadmap, if literally nothing has changed, fixed, or is done in any way?
    All obvious issues are still there, for example, the missing assets at the quarry a few kilometers outside of Cumberland, up the hill... 20220204183300_1.jpg 20220204183323_1.jpg

...or all the wrong configurations of locos, etc.
    I really feel like DTG wants to fool us (I am not saying they doing it, it just looks like that!)

• Like Like x 2
  2. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Just assume the quarry has been abandoned.
    You're allowed to whisper "by Dovetail" under you're breath.

Remember it's just a game and they make decisions about what to put in and what to leave out.
    Not everyone will accept their decisions.
    The hardcore train fans will always find something to criticize and the rest don't know enough to comment.

• Like Like x 2
  3. CryPosthuman

CryPosthuman Member

Well, I criticize it, just because of the fact that it was all there in TSW 2020...
    The migration to TSW2 was not good.

• Like Like x 2
  4. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

I thought we would be getting the new containers as part of the update but it appears that we're still stuck with the CSX liveried containers only.

Also what on earth has happened to the hills around Cumberland?

upload_2022-3-2_17-37-46.png

Was this update rushed through to appease the player base on the delayed PC updates I find myself asking?

• Like Like x 3
  5. BigMountain555

BigMountain555 Well-Known Member

I think they should clarify what was actually updated.

• Like Like x 1
  6. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

We have been waiting months for these updates and according to Adam were all finished in early December I don't see 'DTG' being rushed at all. Where there could be a rush is in testing and missing certain things but this imo is definitely not a player base problem it is a DTG problem. If they had a decent editor the player base could correct it.

7. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

What month? In late winter/early spring it's not unusual there to have snow on the mountaintops but none lower down.

8. redrev1917

Er Id have to check as it was a scenario rather than a timetabled service. But if theres snow on the hills youd expect snow on the trees on the hills, although I guess that could be a distant draw issue perhaps.

9. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

In real life you almost never see white, snowy trees; DTG needs to get rid of those. They look like something from a Christmas window display. In reality it's dark trees against white ground.

10. redrev1917

but the ground around the trees isnt white even when that ground is higher up than "snowy" areas and areas of clearing. It looks odd and Ive never noticed it prior to the update.

11. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

It does look very odd. If you zoom in it looks like a blue and white bedspread or comforter laid over the hill top. Never noticed it before. Certainly doesn't look like snow.

• Like Like x 1
  12. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

The following items were improved on Sand Patch Grade.
    • Added working Grade Crossings.
    • Updated locomotive substitution to reduce chances of Clinchfield SD40 appearing in the timetable.
    • Fixed an issue with the MU2A value in the SD40-2 tutorial.
    • Added contact dispatcher functionality to the radio.
    • Improved independent brakes functionality when working in multiple with other locomotives.
    • Improved RailDriver mapping following player feedback.
    The reason they were removed from the Roadmap is because we have completed and released what was planned.
    This does not mean that SPG will never see the Preservation Crew's attention again.

Just because an update you would like to see is not in the most recent updates, does not mean we don't care about it or that we're ignoring its existence or that it will never be fixed.

I am not going to promise the above will get updated but we will let you know if there's any plans to make changes.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. Quentin

Quentin Well-Known Member

But sometimes the reverse (Munich-bound near Ulm) :)

[​IMG]

14. CryPosthuman

CryPosthuman Member

Thank's for your reply! Can you confirm, that the asset issue on the screenshots in the original post is an actual known issue, or is it just on my side? With that hard cut on the treeline, it seems somehow a whole bulk of assets are not loaded/or not in the map data...

15. Crosstie

Sand Patch Grade has always been my favorite ( and I think still the best modeled ) route in TSW2. At this point, given the improvements listed above, I'm satisfied that SPG is probably as good as it will ever be. There may be some minor bugs remaining, like the ones mentioned in this thread, but overall I'm happy to play the route as it is. There are a number of other routes that need attention and should be prioritized. SPG is completed.

• Like Like x 1
  16. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I think it may be the only route where you get a reverb sound effect passing through tunnels, too.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Crosstie

Yes, I thought this feature had been added recently, along with the auto grade crossings, but I was told it was always there or had been in TSW 2020. Guess I just hadn't noticed it. It does add significant immersion.

18. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

That quarry is on par with Sherman hills

19. redrev1917

Its a tad disappointing that we're still stuck with generic monocoloured containers on intermodals given that this update occurred 6 months after the improved containers where initially released on Dresden if I honest.

20. dhekelian

Sorry, cannot tell if you are being sarcastic or not? We are still waiting for the preserved updates to be released after months and months and you really think the preserved crew will go back after these fixes? hahahaha, brilliant.

21. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Oh yes because the problem lies with Adam's team, and not elsewhere in the company.

22. dhekelian

Where did I say it was Adam's fault? And of course the problem does lie elsewhere.