Spawn Point

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Torper, Mar 3, 2022.

1. Torper

Torper New Member

I have at long last ventured into the Build section of Train Simulator and have made a FreeRoam scenario for the Kelvin and Blane Valley Line. It works quite well but games always start at Kilsyth. I'd like to start at Aberfoyle. I believe that the start point is governed by a spawn marker (?), but I can't find one. I'd be grateful if anyone would kindly let me know where and how I find and place a spawn marker, either by editing the existing game or cloning it and starting a new one.

2. westcastlerail

westcastlerail Active Member

Player Spawn point marker is in the menu on the left hand side in scenario creation, by clicking on the red signal icon.

To find the Spawn point - I guess go to location in editor mode where it spawns you in and delete it, and then put another new one in somewhere else where you would like to start.

Might be a good idea to clone your route with the original spawn point to create another version of the route and call it something different - so you can always go back to it if necessary

3. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

AI trains are governed by Spawn Markers - you can get an AI train to drive to one then disappear off the route
    When you pick a scenario on a current route it is either Quick Drive, Career, Standard/Timetabled or Free Roam.
    The type of scenario is set when it is created

For the route, Kelvin and Blane, go in to Build>Scenarios and chose the route. See if there is a Free Roam at Aberfoyle
    If not then at the bottom choose New Scenario then pick the Type = Free Roam then Give it a Name
    Pick a start location - Aberfoyle if it gives you that option - if not the nearest station
    Click Create and it takes you to the station you chose

You might have to move the marker if it is not in the right place

Peter

4. Torper

Torper New Member

Thanks. Westcastlerail, thanks for the information - I hadn't appreciated that that was where the spawn point marker was. I've now found it, tried it, and it works on a new scenario cloned on the old one. Initially it didn't work but then I found that you have to give the new FreeRoam a name on a panel that appears on the right of the screen. Incidentally, the clone as produced included all the rolling stock on the original. but when I put in a new spawn marker point and saved, I lost all the rolling stock.

Peter, there aren't any FreeRoams with the Kelvin scenario which is why I decided to try to make one - all these pit branches really need exploring! However, as the scenario is, I understand, based on the Edinburgh and Glasgow route, the only suitable start location is "route origin", which happens to be at Kilsyth. All the other stations listed are on the Edinburgh - Glasgow route, not the Kelvin one. Presumably if I tried to make a FreeRoam on a route rather than a scenario I wouldn't have come across that problem.

DT

5. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

You can put a scenario Marker at Aberfoyle
    This guy shows how to do it - even though he is placing a Standard Marker the Free Roam is also an option

6. Torper

Torper New Member

Thanks - I have now placed a marker at Aberfoyle (which works) and am now busy populating the scenario.

DT