PC Custom Liveries Not Spawning On Some Items / Routes Since The Recent Creators Club Update

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by WaveyDavey, Mar 4, 2022.

1. WaveyDavey

WaveyDavey Well-Known Member

Hi,

I've put this under PC but it may well be an issue on other platforms. Since the recent Creators Club update there appears to be an issue with some items / routes not using custom liveries either at all or suddenly very rarely compared to before the update was released.

A couple of examples I have myself are as follows.....

The Sherman Hill autorack car - I have 6 custom liveries of this car and they would randomly spawn in game (usually at least 2 or 3 of them if not more within the same train). This would happen every time I ran the route. Since the update though none of my custom liveries of the autorack car appear at all and ONLY the default Union Pacific car is ever used in the game.

The Sandpatch boxcar - Again I have a large collection of boxcars with custom liveries and these would appear across multiple vehicles within the same train.(Again maybe 2 or 3 different custom liveries within the same train). Since the update the boxcar only very, very rarely spawns custom liveries in game and when it does only one will be used at any one time rather than the multiple that used to be used at once.

Everything seemed fine up till the recent game update but since then these issues with custom liveries seem to have appeared and as the update was to bring livery sharing between users i feel this issue rather defeats part of the object of the update as i have numerous liveries I would like to share but there is no point in sharing them as they won't appear in game at present.

Having spoken to other users over the last week or so it would appear I'm not the only one suffering this issues with items of stock.

I have created a ticket for this issue but wanted to raise it here also just in case.

• Like Like x 2
  2. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

On Sand Patch Grade, NO custom freight cars spawn at all, and locos only rarely (also, the YN2 GP-38 is still MIA)

3. WaveyDavey

WaveyDavey Well-Known Member

On Sandpatch I do get the bethgons and autoracks (The Sandpatch version not the Sherman version) appearing in custom liveries but the tank cars and, I think, the grain cars have gone altogether and the boxcars as mentioned only appear on the odd occasion and only a single design.

4. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Same for Boston Sprinter, as it uses the SPG freight cars as well. The boxcars are all blue, even though I have like 10 repaints downloaded by now. Grain hoppers same thing. The autoracks do spawn custom liveries though, I believe. The CSX locos on Boston Sprinter also don't spawn in custom liveries anymore, even though they did so before.

On Sherman Hill the open hoppers spawn custom liveries nicely, but the tank cars and reefer cars don't seem to do so.
    [​IMG]

Would love it if it got sorted out and rolling stock got better spawn rate until we get an option to set them ourselves. Not much point in creating and downloading all these liveries if barely any of them show up in game.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Alaskan Jack

Alaskan Jack Active Member

I was seeing liveries before this update not seeing anything now at all in SPG or Sherman Hill.

• Like Like x 3
  6. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I don't even get the Bethgons

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

I did some testing to see if the date of creation of a livery has any effect on the spawn rate, but I got to the conclusion that supposedly it does not. Because I felt like I don't see my older F40PH livery, while I do see my recently edited one.

So I did some text and created a brand new SPG box car livery. But that one doesn't show up either, so it's not related to the date of creation.

• Like Like x 1