What Is Everyone's Favorite Route?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by matt8350, Mar 4, 2022.

1. matt8350

matt8350 Member

I know everyone has their own favorite route they like to play over and over again. I myself have a few favorites that I just can't get enough of. Even after fully completing a route do any of you go back through and reply it again?

My favorite routes are:
    Clinchfield
    Sand Patch Grade
    Sherman Hill
    Peninsula Corridor

My least favorite one is:
    Cane Creek ( I did like it at first but then got bored with it quick because there isn't that many timetables for it )

2. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

I have a particular like for routes;

Schnellfahrstreke
    Dresden Riesa
    Munchen Augsburg
    London Brighton

To name a few of many, I find it quite hard now to pick one and usually jump between my collection depending on what i want to do

I have completed all of the ICE services for Köln and do go back to them but I like to prioritise my time exploring services I haven’t done mostly

3. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

Hands down my favourite of all time is London Commuter. It being my local route, plus the most driveable/AI services - I just can't get enough of it!

My other favourites include East Coastway, Southeastern Highspeed and Peninsula Corridor.

4. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

US Electric Commuter
    LIRR and future Harlem Line M7
    UK routes
    ECW & BML due to them being ElectroStar routes and these have a Driver Remainder Appliance so is GWML
    German Routes
    Koln Aachen
    Main Spessart Bahn
    Riesa-Dresden
    HRR all use PZB SKA has LZB.
    Least Favourite Sand Patch Grade since you can mess up at Rockwood going westbound.

5. matt8350

matt8350 Member

It's good to see what everyone likes and doesn't. We all have our favorites and dislikes. I know some don't like the american routes and some don't like the german, england routes etc etc. Me I actually like the other routes. I just haven't gotten to around playing them as much as I do the others.

6. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

My favourite routes in order
    SEHS
    DRA
    DCZ
    BML - would be higher if the two main trains weren't Electrostars.
    ECW

SKA would be up there if LZB was working on more trains, or there were more BR101 services.

Least favourite are HHL (Refunded), WCL (Never Owned) and WSR.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2022
  7. Hiro Protagonist

Hiro Protagonist Well-Known Member

My favourites tend to be the UK commuter routes due to their "get in and go" simplicity, whilst I wouldn't mind more variety in the motive power (there are only so many ways you can skin an Electrostar) at least there is variety in the services. BML has tonnes of layers so I'll often find myself jumping in and doing the Reigate-Gatwick return runs in the 166 for something different. SKA was one of my early favourites due to it being my introduction to AFB/LZB but after you've done 2-3 ICE runs they feel all the same (same goes for GWE) - MSB then took over as my favourite German route and DRA would most likely usurp that if I didn't have constant performance issues (hardware upgrade is imminent). Most of the other routes don't have enough variety to attract me on any given day (unless I feel like tearing my hair out trying to keep to timetable on BKL)

US freight I also like due to the setup intricacies but the slow speeds and loooong full-service times puts me off them during casual sessions (and most of my sessions are casual). I wish there were more loading/unloading/turnaround scenarios but obviously since these are usually only snippets of much longer routes there isn't much to do at either end (which is one of the reasons why I long for a Hunter Valley Coal Chain route, as it can encapsulate all that in one route)

8. matt8350

matt8350 Member

That is one thing I wouldn't mind seeing is more loading and unloading. On the sand patch grade you only load from two coal tipples. The clinchfield you load on a couple timetables but that's it. I understand they only pick sections of the route to do but it would be neat to do more than 30-50 miles of a route.

• Like Like x 1
  9. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

I don’t have a’ favourite route’ as such, but I do quite like GWE, ECW and LC

10. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

My favourite’s are West Somerset, East Coastway, Brighton-London, Dresden-Chemnitz.

The only route I don’t like is West Cornwall Local

11. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

Northern Trans-Pennine and the Tees Valley Line are my favourites, though I very much like the Cathcart Circle and West Somerset too.

But honestly every single time I play the game I make a run on either NTP or TVL, for me they have the most interesting trains, good passenger and freight options and above all else I want to play the game to experience the railways in ways that simply cannot be done anymore. I suppose it does help that some of my favourite locomotives are covered by these routes too.

• Like Like x 3
  12. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

It's got to be BML for me. Whenever I boot up the game I almost always find myself playing it. It's almost a subconscious decision at this point.

However If GWE had a better timetable with FGW liveries, or if they updated it to include 800s and 387s (a fantasy I know), then I could easily see that overtaking BML.

13. matt8350

matt8350 Member

It's nice to see what everyone likes. Even though I like that american routes over UK & German routes, I still find myself playing them because it's a change of scenery and they are way different from the american routes. It's nice to mix it up once and awhile instead of playing the same routes over and over again.

14. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

Im gonna be honest here, I only bought it for the Class 150

15. matt8350

matt8350 Member

I mean that's not a bad idea. Buying a route to just have a locomotive.

16. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Rivet are good at making locomotives, I too enjoy the 150 especially with the green GWR livery. The only way the route looks realistic is driving it at night.

17. bdlhouston#8691

bdlhouston#8691 Well-Known Member

I seem to go between cathcart, london commuter and Gwe, its a nice range of commuter, regional and high speed

18. Noel06

Noel06 Well-Known Member

My favorite routes:
    - Cologne Aachen
    - East Coastway
    - Dresden Riesa (when I don‘t have permanent graphic issues)
    - London Commuter

Those above are not in the right order!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2022
    • Like Like x 1