Next German Dlc Discussion, Hints And Rumour Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jolojonasgames, Mar 6, 2022.

1. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Hi all, the patterns on DTG's releases would indicate that the next route or other DLC to be announced or hinted towards will probably be German (as UK and US content is in developement, and sadly content from other countries seems unlikely from DTG :(). This made me interested in creating a thread where some speculation can take place, aswell as hints can be shared. One hint has already been rumoured, and that's the presence of posters featuring a German steam engine on Dresden - Chemnitz.

This however doesn't yet mean a steam DLC is coming to DCZ, and definetely doesn't mean that that will be the next German DLC, as modern German content seems to sell the best (though I personally wouldn't mind German routes set in the past).

I'm personally expecting a hint somewhere in the coming weeks, as new DLC's are no longer announced via the roadmap. So in anticipation of this hint I created this thread. Personally I'm expecting a relatively modern route, that focusses somewhat more on long distance traffic again (with the past few releases focussing more on commuter operations and regional services, although Riesa-Dresden included long distance layers). Perhaps Karlsruhe - Strasbourg that has already been featured in TS stands a chance. I'm hoping on a '90s long distance/regional route though, but don't think that is likely. Do let others know what you expect below, and share any possible hints you might find! ;)

• Like Like x 9
  2. Jamy

Jamy Well-Known Member

really!

3. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I would suspect it to be another route with a Red Dostos. Perhaps with another new train as well

• Like Like x 3
  4. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Berlin is well overdue a route, although Id hope it wouldnt just be a Sbahn line route.

5. highland beastie

highland beastie Well-Known Member

I'm hoping for a east german route in the 80's but I imagine we will get a mordern route, which I'd still enjoy

• Like Like x 1
  6. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

I'm hoping for something old, 90s or even earlier. Would love something in the 60s.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Hiro Protagonist

Hiro Protagonist Well-Known Member

U-bahn perhaps? I have next to no interest in any new German route if it only comes with yet another TRAXX/Dosto or Talent combo, unless the scenery/service-variety is staggering. Give me something _new_ (not necessarily modern).

Or how about something unique like the Wuppertal Schwebebahn?

8. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

They can do that has Magdeburg Marienborn Helmstedt Braunschweig. Helmstedt & Marienborn stops take 15-20 minutes at the same time DB BR110/103 gets dropped for DR BR132 DR BR119 U-boat & DR BR118 Steam 52.80 65.10 18 201. Helmstedt/Marienborn stops play like the last DB BR363 Chemical plant to Riesa trip since you must wait for 20 minutes then go. The other East German route can be Berlin Elsterwerda 122 km 76 mi that plays like Sherman Hill in terms of length but plays like Riesa-Dresden. That comes with Rekowagen Stadtsee express DR BR132 119 118 V100 Diesel Electric 250 243 steam 52.80 18 201 & 65.10 mix traffic jobs

• Like Like x 2
  9. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I'm still holding out for the Linke Rheinstrecke between Koblenz and Bingen, set in the 60s to the 80s.

• Like Like x 7
  10. jolojonasgames

That does not sound bad at all :). Definetely as Koblenz still saw steam untill 1972, though that was not towards Bingen, but towards Wittlich and Trier on the Moselstrecke. However, electrics from that era would also be great! Even though my favourite era is that of the pruduktfarben, I'd love to see some beige/oceanblue. :)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

I'm really hoping for some more variety in form of a new train and/or a proper Diesel single-track route (e.g. Kiel-Lubeck). I will not buy another electrified double-track mainline with Dostos or any other form of Bombardier train. While something like a Stadler Flirt or Alstom Coradia might make me buy another electrified mainline, a proper Diesel line with something like the Alstom Lint or Desiro Classic would certainly require less thinking about getting the route :) Additionally, a Diesel route would have the advantage that scenery would be a bit easier for DTG, as no OHLE equipment needs to placed, and there would be less faults with it at the same time (as, well, it's not there :D). I lost hope that DTG will fix those assets any time, so better if they are not there at all!

But, with the current knowledge, I would expect something along the lines of steam will be announced next - it is the same as it was with the UK steam, a new route announcement is long overdue, and that seems a "good" reason for it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

I would love some older route with DB111 and N-wagen or even some loco with UIC-Y-wagen, although that may be wishful thinking on my part.

I think we are going to get a modern route around Rhein-Ruhr area this time, with regional Dosto traffic and some IC or ICE services. The route will contain one new variant of an already existing train in TSW2. There is also a lower, but still possible chance we'll get an entirely new train instead.

• Like Like x 5
  13. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Not that much wish thinking, considering DTG's products for TS. They indeed modeled serveral different types of regional and interregio/intercity coaches. Of course modelling coaches for TS was way easier than for TSW. But I think, along the annoucement of Dresden-Riesa I hear Matt/Sam say something like "we realised that it's actually nice, if there would be something new", talking about the 3rd Talent 2 and the thousand Dostos we already got. So we got the 612 in the next route. I hope they consider for the next german (non-steam) route new locos and coaches, cause everyone is getting tired to see the Dostos. Even those who are especially into german trains (me, e.g).

And german steam (if there is ever going to be german steam in TSW) MUST come with new passenger coaches, as neither the IC-Coaches nor the Dostos fit a steam loco. I guess we might see Silberlinge or Y-Wagen, which then could be reused for future german locos (like e.g. a BR 110 and then reuse the n-Wagen from steam. Or a 120 or 181 and reuse the steam Y-Coaches).

Of course this is all hypothetical.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

Given we had a new train on the last german route, I expect some more recycled Dostos, BR146 etc... in the next german route.

• Like Like x 2
  15. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

I don't another identical German route so soon.
    Only if it's vintage diesel or steam.
    Too many red caterpillars already ...

• Like Like x 2
  16. jolojonasgames

Completely feel this way aswell. That's not too say there isn't any possibility for fun and interesting modern content, but that needs something extra, like all new rolling stock, a different operator/livery or both.

17. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Absolutely agree. Needs to be something completely different both in terms of era and setting. Vintage electric with some proper hill running, or maybe even diesel loco hauled. DTG need to dust off their Zusi 2 collection and be inspired by some of the routes which came with that, such as Obereruhrtalbahn and its branches. Or maybe get down into the Lindau/Kempten/Garmisch area, do something there.

18. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

The one Id love to see more than anything is the Harz railway, a narrow gauge german steam with some interesting movements at Drei Annen Hohme would make this a day one purchase for me.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Loving the enthusiasm for vintage stuff here :D

While I love modern German railroading, I personally think (and this thread seems to back me up) that we’ve reached a point of saturation. There’re so many EMU/DoStos routes at this point that DTG should really consider branching out. DCZ was a good first step (first German DMU and first tilting train) and that momentum should not be lost now. Even if DTG want to stay away from vintage routes (to avoid extensive research for example), there’s still a ton of vintage rolling stock around today. The iconic n-Wagen, Br 218, Br 110, Br 140, Br 151 etc. At the very least, new locos should come (even if not vintage) instead of the endless re-use of the 185.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Cyklisten

Cyklisten Well-Known Member

I don't think it will be any older route, could be a diesel only single track, but I think this will come later, not just as next route after BR 612. Maybe something 3-rd rail near Berlin or Hamburg? ;) With already existing locos as AI layers? We already have S1 Hamburg in TS. But I prefer Berlin, S42 + maybe S45 as branch line?

• Like Like x 1
  21. driverwoods#1787

1970s Germany had two distinct types of electric locomotives the new builds West Germany 184 181 150 151 139 140 141 103 110 111 120 1979. East Germany DB BR 155 in the original Dark Red DR BR 250 DR BR 211 242. Own a 1970s German Electric route it ends up changing present day German routes since you can run those 1970s German electric locomotives as a Regular in Service or special train. The DR East Germany Electric locomotive are a match for Nahverkehr Dresden and Tharandter Rampe.

22. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I personally believe after all the steam hype the next two routes will be German and US steam. There can’t be such hype over its release and then nothing else steam this year as German and US fans may be looking for their fix. I think whilst they are done (likely in development now) the third parties will prop up the remainder of people with something.

23. CrazyHorseyMan

CrazyHorseyMan Member

I hope for parts of the Maintalbahn, since we already have parts of it(Aschaffenburg Hbf-Aschaffenburg Süd) in the game. They could reuse the 612 and add a new Diesel cargo train like the 218.In addition the 363 could be bundeled in (again)

• Like Like x 2
  24. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

While that would be awesome, I think DTG as a business matter always takes recyclability into consideration; and the problem with developing narrow-gauge rolling stock is that you can't use it anywhere else.

I note that with Liverpool-Crewe, the Jubilees may be somewhat constrained with regard to reuse, but the 8F can be re-used anywhere in Britain

• Like Like x 1
  25. driverwoods#1787

German Steam locomotives are divided into two operators West Germany Deutsche Bundesbahn phase out 1974 and Deutsche Reichsbahn East Germany 1990 end of Steam German reunification phase out 1988 official. East German steam locomotives like 65.10 52.80 have Chemnitz written as Karl Marx Stadt therefore they belong on Riesa-Dresden and Tharandter Rampe Dresden Chemnitz.
    Express steam locomotives high speeds West Germany 005 010 Deutsche Reichsbahn DDR 18 201.

26. Willywill

Willywill New Member

Anything in SBB - 450, 460, (BLS 465). Surprising there is still no 193 Vectrons, what are they waiting for?

• Like Like x 1
  27. Oelix

Oelix Active Member

As unlikely as it is, I still dream of Duisburg-Köln or Wuppertal-Köln and a merge to give HRR or RRO the extension they deserve and the BR 101 a route to stretch its legs on. Also, coming into Köln over the Hohenzollern Bridge is pretty epic.

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  28. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

I wanted some local/regional stuff after DRA (and all the German mainline routes in the year prior), and we got that with DCZ, so I‘m pretty open-minded about the next one! As long as it‘s set in a new region and not full of reused DoStos, I‘m almost certainly aboard. Maybe something set slightly in the past with older ICEs, or a modern route with the new IC2?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  29. driverwoods#1787

Maybe Main Weser Bahn with the IC2 IC34 Frankfurt Am Main Marburg Siegen Finnentrop Hagen Bochum Langendreer Dortmund via Witten Rbf Hagen Vorhalle and Giessen that can work. On the Frankfurt Am Main area of Main Weser Bahn DB BR420 S-Bahn trains have a rollsign displaying line and Colour. Main Weser Bahn Orange Line S6 on DB BR420 Rhein-Main roll sign DB BR 423 & 430 have Digital Signs for S6 Friedberg. Main Weser Bahn can be linked to RSN if Finnentrop Siegen Giessen line is built basically joining the Ruhr to Frankfurt Am Main via Siegen although Freight trains need to be split at Siegen Kreuztal Rbf for Koln Aachen Rothe Erde via the Siegen Koln Line & Bochum Wuppertal Hagen via RSN & Hagen Vorhalle.

• Like Like x 3
  30. gogglesguy

gogglesguy Well-Known Member

To echo others here, don't care too much about the route, but something more historic with class 103, 210, 515, ICE1 and the VT 11.5

• Like Like x 3
  31. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

I was usually entirely wrong when guessing a tsw next route ;), but i would suggest to go into german classics with a br151 or br218.

But to be realistic, steam with all the new rolling stock & route is in heavy production, so i think german classics could be a project for next year. This would require also a lot of new wagons.
    Still possible a loco dlc could release and be used on dresden chemnitz.

A way more realistic suggestion would be a route where finally the ic cab car is integrated, so it could get ported to the routes running the 101.

• Like Like x 2
  32. jolojonasgames

I think that could be a popular release. The cab car, being a 90's product also feels different enough from the modern plastic EMU's. The high speeds in that would also be amazing. I recall being in a cab car without airconditioning two years back (because I had a bike with me), and the noise is just amazing, it's a bit louder than the normal passenger coaches, and I was able to stick my head out of an open window, a truly amazing, although quite hot and noisy, experience. Sadly that service had a 30 min delay, which made me miss a connection and arrive 2 hours late.

Still, I would absolutely love a route release that features the cab car (maybe even with the BR 120). Perhaps that would also allow for IC trains on HMA, something that feels missing at this moment.

33. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

I guess (!) TSG will make that one. He hinted that in some posts ages ago, but it's important to know, that these were just like "I'd love to", but it's not a confirmation. But as he also developed the BR 218 for TS for Virtual Railroads, It's not unlikely we will see a BR 218 in TSW. If would already fit as DLC for Hamburg-Lübeck.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  34. jolojonasgames

I think that with Harlem Line's upcoming release, this question is going to be even more interesting. After that DTG only have Liverpool - Crewe in development (as far as we know, they've definetely got more being worked on), so no loco add-ons, German routes, US routes, modern routes, etc. Really makes me wonder what DTG is working on. As DTG supposedly has mulitiple route building teams, I just don't expect all of those to be focussed on SoS, but only time will tell. Defintely getting curious though. :)

35. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

Maybe another Metro-North Line such as Hudson or Harlem which will add more new train layers to the Harlem Line or another US Route somewhere

36. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Something in the US is hardly the best choice for the next German route. Try to keep an eye on where you are posting, not everything on the forum is about Metro North.

• Like Like x 6
  37. driverwoods#1787

I can see them work on a German steam route that can be an International one that means pre 1966 Duisburg-Oberhausen-Arnhem Railway because the whole line including Emmerich Am Rhein Station was electrified and voltage change 15kv Germany to 1.5kv DC Netherlands pre 2016. In this case you would be running both German and Dutch steam locomotives where at Duisburg Hbf DB BR110s 103 prototype pre war 119 & 118 run the train onwards to Köln Hbf via Düsseldorf.

38. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

Yeah I forgot I was trying to reply to the quote “Really makes me wonder what DTG is working on.” And that’s was a respond to this question. Thanks for the heads up

• Like Like x 1
  39. fabienlimp95

fabienlimp95 Well-Known Member

I want to pick up this suggestion by throwing in something that TSW3 has shown. There is a pretty certain Poster found in the Training Center and on the German Route Kassel-Würzburg. I'm not sure this was already mentioned somewhere but at this poster it shows a German steam train (which im pretty certain it's a BR 52) its an absolute iconic Loco here in Germany and some other countries. There is a huge amount of them still in running condition. So getting some references shouldn't be the problem at all.

https://images.app.goo.gl/vFfnjJLGNexAY9498

Tbh I'm quite surprised I couldn't find anything in these forums about it because it's so obvious.

40. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Sorry, but if you check the route code, it is indicated it will be an electric AC one, from the 90's.
    Then no chance to be a steam one.

• Like Like x 1
  41. Jon from Rhode Island

Jon from Rhode Island Well-Known Member

If the rumors are true that RSSLO is involved, I would love to see some rural Alpine action on single track electric or diesel. I am really enjoying their TSC portfolio.

• Like Like x 1
  42. fabienlimp95

Yes, I'm absolutely aware of this. But this could be a route thats been developed in the Backround and isn't near a release at all.

Remember that they still have to do stuff for SOS, pretty sure they wanna sort those things out before a next steam route is released anyway. I'm 100% sure that there are steam routes coming from DTG in the future, even if it takes some time to make them. To think that we won't get a German steam route is foolish in my eyes as we have a great history with steamers as well. Same goes for the USA of course. So let's see what the future brings, but this image looks to specific to be nothing more than a poster from my point of view.

43. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

I'd rather go for a loco DLC than a new route for the BR52. Nowadays it is often used as an operational museum locomotive by railway associations in special trains. Since DCZ (a viaduct can be seen on the poster) is an ideal basic route and even has a railway museum, including a turntable and coaling system, the only thing missing is the right steam locomotive. I combined the poster from the training center with one of my photos. ;)

BR52 Hint.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  44. fabienlimp95

Imagine pulling Dostos with that thing :D

Joking of course, some old DR passenger Wagons with this would be awesome !

• Like Like x 2
  45. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

I believe if they already mentioned on the Roadmap, with proper codes, at least will be that way.
    Of course when will be released is another issue.
    Let's see what we get in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  46. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Even if they did do steam in the modern day I'd much rather see a dedicated heritage line done for it with the BR52 than just using DCZ. After all if you really wanted to drive it on DCZ you could just as easily have the BR52 sub in to DCZ from another route, it doesn't need to be a loco DLC for that. Besides, I'm no expert on German content, but I would imagine there's other locos that could be done for it that would be a far better fit for the modern era it's set in.

47. driverwoods#1787

There are two versions of BR 52 post-war DB BR052 West Germany the one in DCZ is a Rekolok 52.80 Deutsche Reichsbahn DDR. A DR 52.80 in passenger service runs a rekowagen

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  48. Shackamaxon

Shackamaxon Well-Known Member

Dude !!
    Don't give them ideas for god sake!

It's not too difficult for them ( cough ) Warbonnet F7 ( cough )

• Like Like x 3
  49. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

...of course a heritage line like SOS would be fine, but would take a lot of development time again. A compromise would be to have suitable old wagons in addition to the locomotive, regardless of whether they were freight or passenger wagons. I think the last thing we want to see is a BR52 with red Dostos on the hook! ;)

There's also the Niddertalbahn in development, it also suits perfectly for the BR52 as an extra railtour service layer. So my guess is we might see it at the earliest from next spring onwards, when the other German routes have been published. As an expert, Maik has to take another look to ensure that sound and performance are right. Then it will finally come. Teasing in the training center quite a while beforehand certainly increases the anticipation...

50. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Except SoS isn't a heritage route? When i say heritage line I mean something like West Somerset, a route set in modern times, but runs period stock.
    Seems odd to take preference for something just because it's quicker to make. You mention Maik later on, who notably takes forever to make content, yet people love him, partially because he takes more time in favor of quality. I would argue a dedicated steam route, period or modern would be both a better experience, and would sell better overall, as it's a self contained package, as opposed to needing a route for it. I know loco DLCs are separated now, but even so there's still route requirements for scenarios and services, and that will still impact it.

• Like Like x 1