Preserved Updates?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by dhekelian, Mar 4, 2022.

1. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Wondered if anyone knew when in March will see the first updates drop? I presume the first ones will drop in March.

2. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

may find out in the roadmap stream

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  3. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Matt [Edit: Adam] has said that they plan to release the Preserved updates in three batches, one each in March April and May. I would venture that the first will come out along with the core patch that will, as per usual practice, be released on the Tuesday 48 hrs before Harlem drops.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2022
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  4. QO1922

QO1922 Member

"our aim is to surface these all to you by the end of the summer" - Roadmap 8 March 2022

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

also now being released in pairs
    upload_2022-3-8_19-44-38.png

Now by my sums thats 8 releases required over March, April, May, June, July, Aug & Sept (we saw with RH summer release that DTG sees Sept as summer). So thats aprox 1 release every 4 weeks. Well thats this weeks plan by the next RM released in April it will no doubt change again and become 1 release a month and suddenly October has been reclassified as Summer.

• Like Like x 2
  6. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

As somebody once said, DTG is just taking the PIS.

• Like Like x 1
  7. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Matt's just said on steam released by summer, they cant even stick to the same hymn sheet.

• Like Like x 1
  8. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

I thought they said before they expected it all to be done by May in a previous stream. As redrev says they can't stick to the same hymn sheet. I'll be surprised if we get them all this year.

• Like Like x 2
  9. kurtosizm

kurtosizm Well-Known Member

That is if all goes according to the plan, I guess? I mean they planned releasing Peninsula Corridor as the first updated route, and it immediately got held back because of bugs. The first route failed. When they say Adam and his team finished a route, I thought they meant that it was ready to be released (meaning QA gave it a green light). Not to go through another endless cycle of QA testing. Quite frankly, DTG is embarrassing themselves, as it seems only the preservation crew worked on them, and QA haven't even looked at them yet. In my dictionary, this doesn't mean that something is ready.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 4