Seeing The Model Of The Player Physically In Game

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gabe_1.0, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

It's an intresting prespective to play TSW and seeing the physical 3D model of the character while walking, pressing puttons and doing various actions inside the cab, climbing upthe stairs, etc. Challenging idea I think but very intresting. Your thoughts?

2. Karl456

Karl456 Member

Might be a good idea in general, but it would require quite a lot of work to let it seem like a real human and not like a doll walking around. That's why I'd prefer that DTG concentrates on solving more important issues (physics, sound, shadows etc.) before they start implementing such features. But if they should ever complete their work on the topics mentioned above this would be an nice thing to think about.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

Generally a good idea, but there are also some negative aspects to think about.
    Some flightsims have the pilot body modelled in ego-perspective with the hands on the throttle and stick in flight. The arms mask some important switches.
    This also could happen in TSW, if the arms while driving are on the throttle and brake lever, masking some switches that are positioned under the desk etc.
    If its comes then with an option to switch it off at least while driving the train.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Karl456

Karl456 Member

Yes, this would be my preference too. I don't need and also don't want to see "my" arms while driving the train. I'd just want to see the player model when I'm walking around outside, but sitting in the cab I don't really need to see a part of the player's body as it would just hide some switches, as you already mentioned.