Please Give Us A Key To Lock Up After Finishing The Shift

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gabe_1.0, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

Hi Devs,

The scenarios suggest to make sure on especially the Ruhr-Sieg Nord line after finishing the shift and shutting down the locomotive or at least power it down to make sure it's locked up and secure. Ironically you can't technically do that because there's no key to lock the doors up. So my wish here as funny as it sounds, we need a key to lock up the locomotive. Idealy you want to see the whole animation and key beeing put into the keyhole and twisting it to lock or unlock the door. You'd have to probably do this for all doors round the locomotive on the outside, try to work something out.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Sintbert

Sintbert Well-Known Member

The gameplay implies that you actually do have the key with you. Or how do you think you open all the doors?
    It would be a massive animation work to create all those lock and unlock scenarios, specially because they would need to be customized for every door. And by now, the player is not animated at all.

3. Karl456

Karl456 Member

Basically, we could realize (un-)locking the doors of the train quite simply: Just click on the lock and the door is locked so you can't open the door by clicking on it. Click on the lock again and the door is unlocked again and you can open it as usual. Of course that's just a simple option how to realize this suggestion, but for me it would be enough for the beginning and further improvements (e.g. an animated key which is put into the lock and moves during (un-)locking) can still be done.:)

• Like Like x 1
  4. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Have you read the manual and run the tutorials? If you mean the engine doors, when you move the cursor to open them, they're indicated as locked; when you close them from outside, they lock automatically (I'm basing this on having closed the door once to handle coupling; when I returned the door was again indicated as locked.

5. Sintbert

Sintbert Well-Known Member

This does not apply to most newer locos.. The doors can only be opened with the key and therefore don't have to be specifically locked, they just always are.