Ntp Issues - (new User)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by countcussy, Mar 4, 2022.

1. countcussy

countcussy Well-Known Member

HI all.
    I am experiencing some issues on NTP, and wondered if anyone else has seen these issues.

On the Rescue Run scenario, it seems impossible to get Gold. It seems not enough points are available on the route. Is this a known bug?
    Upon replaying the route, I get a "Scenario Ended, Train De-railed" message, between Dewsbury and Huddersfield. I tried a different scenario, different Loco, but still Leeds to Manchester, and got the same De-Railed message at a similar place. Well within speed limit at the time on both occasions. Any idea what I may be doing wrong?

Other that that, TSW2 has become my guilty pleasure. As a young/geeky Trainspotter in the late 70s/early 80s, the game reminds me of some good times. :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

I have to say I have not achieved Gold either yet and yes it does not seem possible to achieve it. Even if on YouTube you can find people that have. Though I think that is before one of the updates, looking at that dates of their post.

My Young / Non Geeky :D Trainspotter days of late 60's to 70's I do like the NTP route and trains. Class20's pack is good and I like the Class 40's.

I might give the Rescue run another go later. Though I do not that I have been over 15 minutes late at the end and that can dock lots of points, also at every stopping point.

• Like Like x 1
  3. countcussy

countcussy Well-Known Member

So, I did a little more experimenting, and I think the gold medal score is assuming a full trip to Manchester.
    Because the trip terminates at Huddersfield, there are simply not enough points available on the route. I got it almost perfect last night, arriving only a few minutes late, and was still way off the points required. Its not affecting my enjoyment, but thought it worth mentioning.
    The 101 on this route is a PITA :), Especially as I could not figure out how to change gear via the controller. Now I know how to force which controller mode to use,(thanks to these forums) its more manageable.

• Like Like x 1
  4. borg#1850

Ok well that could be it then and it needs looking at. It is probably that was a scenario adapted from a different one and it has not had it set right, but i could be wrong.

5. borg#1850

Would be worth raising a new ticket for DTG to look at it in the correct group