Gp38-2 - Couple To Fresh Pond Manifest Glitch

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by 718Burke, Aug 20, 2018.

1. 718Burke

718Burke New Member

I've done this service several times and no matter what I do when it says couple to 5 cars, the train will do so and then say wait for a moment and it stays stuck there.

It seems like the couple to 5 cars message disappears too quickly and immediately goes into wait for a moment without any acknowledgment that you actually coupled to the cars. Even if I save and reload the couple to 5 cars message will come up again but now nothing I do will make that go away. I've tried to couple and uncouple but it has no effect for me.

2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

The one thing I would ask is are you sure that you coupling po to the correct set of cars. Bring up the map and make sure your switches are aligned correctly. That maybe you issue.

3. 718Burke

718Burke New Member

I am. I stopped and checked the map right before i couple to the cars. I'm also guessing the wait a moment message wouldn't even appear unless i connected to the right set since when I pause in the task menu it comes up right after couple 5 cars on the list

4. BROCK

BROCK Active Member

I think that's the one I had to dodge a random locomotive on the tracks, after I got out of the way, I went to the stop point, then went to couple the cars and I didn't have to wait but a couple of seconds to proceed.
    Look for a locomotive coming from the left.

Hope this helps.

5. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Yes, the "Wait a moment" message only appears after a successful coupling, manual or automatic (just bumping into the cars). I've been able to run this successfully so, unfortunately, I can't offer any advice for overcoming your problem.

6. 718Burke

718Burke New Member

I tried everything. The train headed in the same direction as me always disappears after I step out of the cab to switch the track to the right one. For some reason with this particular switch, it isn't blue for me in the map and I always have to go out and manually switch it for the track I stop on and eventually am led to couple to 5 cars.

Tried the scenario a few more times and it always gets stuck at wait a moment after I am coupled to the cars.

7. Canon772

Canon772 Active Member

Have you tried getting back in the loco when it says wait a moment?

8. 718Burke

718Burke New Member

Yup, I got back in, tried backing the train up and even uncoupling it and backing up, then trying to couple it again. I don't know why it doesn't work for me since it doesn't seem to be a widespread issue but happens to me every time I try and do that service.

9. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I have just done this service now and immediately came here to see if there was anyone else with issues.

In my case, you go to the first target marker and stop. An oncoming engine rams you and couples up!! Odd
    Then after finally setting the points you have to couple to the 5 wagons. Did this, got the 'wait a moment' message then I can clearly hear the success 'bong' sound where it would normally give you the next objective, but as mentioned above, it doesn't. That's it, stuck.

This is service F10-1 by the way

I have uploaded the video if it helps explain. 718Burke is this the same as happens to you?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  10. BROCK

BROCK Active Member

See if you can get out of the way of the locomotive, if so go to the next stop. Then go couple the cars, that's what I did to complete the level.

11. TinTin_57

Do you mean stop it coupling up? Hang back a bit?

12. BROCK

BROCK Active Member

Once you dodge the locomotive, do whats necessary to couple the cars and you shouldn't have to wait.

• Like Like x 1
  13. TinTin_57

Thanks. I hung right back at the start until he came alongside me. The points were then back to blue and switchable so I was able to complete it no problem.

Lesson learned here is that if the points on the map are grey, someone else has the route before you do

14. BROCK

BROCK Active Member

No problem, glad I could help.

15. 718Burke

718Burke New Member

I watched the video TinTin_57 and it's the same exact thing that happened to me. I'm going to try that method you outlined though BROCK and see if it's works for me.

16. TinTin_57

Yeah just wait where you are and make sure the switch right in front of you will put him to your right.

Then sit back and watch him come in on the map and park up. After that you can carry on as normal

17. 718Burke

718Burke New Member

That method you provided BROCK finally worked for me. I'm glad to finally be done with it. Thanks for the help

• Like Like x 1
  18. BROCK

BROCK Active Member

Your welcome, no problem

• Like Like x 1