PlayStation Nec Yard Lighting Among Everything Else Needs To Be Fixed Of Redone

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by UP_conductor79, Aug 9, 2018.

1. UP_conductor79

UP_conductor79 Member

NEC yard (freight) needs some lights, basically all of them needs some kind of lighting really bad DTG it's like walking around with your eyes covered, I work in the biggest train yard in the world or at least the biggest and also work in a smaller train yard, and both of them have yard lights, among with signals, among with other things that NEC doesn't have. Anyways, Now I'm not saying to put yard lights everywhere and every five feet or something. but wow!!! Please fix it, Besdes all of that, what's wrong with the flashlight it's like the batteries are going dead, so it doesn't help much. Because by the time you see something you almost walking into it.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Louwe

Louwe Member

:cool:
    I had the same, it sometimes is to dark. i changed the tv setting's :cool:;)

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  3. UP_conductor79

UP_conductor79 Member

Awesome! But was I talking about realism about things that are missing in NEC (mostly). Like everything else thats missing or needs fixed. Lighting is one of them.:):cool::D lmafo....keep up now! :D:D:D:D

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  4. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

I quite agree the lighting is very bad. I used to be a British Rail shunter many years ago working on the southern region, working mainly on 08 and 09 class shunt engines, class 33 cromptons. I dont know how Americans do shunting of wagons but i would have picked the whole line of wagons and took them to the lines where they needed shunting. not 1 or 2 wagons at a time like in this game on services with the GP38. What is the person doing just sitting there in the cab doing nothing. I find him/her annoying hahaha. i wish we could tell them to go and switch the points for us like a proper shunter would have done. these ar just my observations and im enjoying the game so far

• Like Like x 1
  5. UP_conductor79

UP_conductor79 Member

Yeah its really bad, I guess DTG was in a hurry or something, I don't know but I hope they fix it. As for shunting goes, one thing that is different from British railroads we classify it as switching and for making reverse movements is called shoving.

But yeah I dont know where DTG gets they information from or either that they were lazy to portray it factual switching operations in the U.S. But thats completely fails we dont just switch just one or two railcars at a time its complete soild block of cars or entire trains, but of course that depends on the work orders.

But as for the conductor that sets there and doesn't do anything, I would have to agree its really annoying and that would be awesome if we can send the conductor to throw switches or at least clean your boots. Hahaha. Jk

• Like Like x 1
  6. UP_conductor79

UP_conductor79 Member

So you use to work for the railroad, thats cool. I haven't been on a switcher for couple years now, the last time I was on one it was a remote control locomotive, I believe it was two SD-40's, but like I said its been a couple of years ago. If you ever get the urge to come too the U.S I would highly recommend that you come here to North Platte, Nebraska and take a tour of bailey yard. Its the largest train yard in the world "so they say". "IF" you ever do drag train-sim Luke or anyone from that team with you and just maybe they can learn something..... Hahahahaha:D:)

• Like Like x 1