How Are The Pc Modders Getting 50 Ai Services Working On Creation Club For Console Users?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Skyz2020, Mar 5, 2022.

1. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

This is top work and is giving console players x30 extra services to see. A good example is the mod that runs a class 45 from Victoria to Brighton with x50 101s,45s,40s,47s,08s passing along the way.

Is the limit even 50... could more be done?

BTW top marks to the creator of the class 45 run think she/he is in top 10 most popular it is quite some job done here

Last edited: Mar 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

The only limit is how much selectable starting points there are in the scenarioplanner for the route.

Glad that you like my scenario, the BML just needs scenarios with so much AI Traffic to be able to compete with the timetable mode. A scenario with 20 AI trains would just feel dead on the route, and i didnt know that there are limitations for service numbers on console, so good to know that this limitations can be tricked via Creators Club.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Skyz2020

Yes Tom you have opened up console users to a much more lively custom timetable - it is great work, you should be proud.

I also suspect the gwe mod you did was also above 20 using the fgw hst, which again is top work. At this point I would say you have the best mods out there. Kudos

Are you considering a retro GWE at some point like you did with the 45 on London Commuter?

If you did I reckon it would look ace, sort of a diesiel legends but without paying for the dlc :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Can you tell me the name of the stage? I've been looking for it and I can't find it....

5. Tom Fresco

If you mean the name of the scenario its Brighton Mainline Blue: IC to Brighton, If you are looking for an unknown scenario by me however, you can just screarch for (TF) and will find all from me.

6. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

I finally found it Tom Fresco ! On PlayStation the search doesn't work properly and you have to go through all the pages until you find it.

The scenery is amazing due to the amount of traffic it gets, it doesn't feel any emptier than the original BML schedule, congratulations on getting it. I also subscribed to some of your other creations and I'm looking forward to try them out, for example that BR 612 on RSN :love:

If with such a limited planner there are talented people doing this, what will you do if one day DTG builds one with more advanced features? :o

Thanks for sharing!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2022
  7. Skyz2020

Tom you Legend!

You absolute legend,

(Tf) Diesel Legends of the Great Western

What a bit of work. Everyone please get on creation club and download this beauty.

Keep it up,

Maybe a legends on Glasgow next?

:)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Skyz2020

(TF) 101 on the circle

More excellent work.

It's like batman, you don't see him much, he just pops up does his thing and disappears.

Hoping he is going to have a crack at more of these across more routes. The legends vibe is great

9. Quentin

Quentin Well-Known Member

Tom's (excellent) IC to Brighton works a treat, but when I subscribe to the Diesel Legends, it doesn't appear on FGW (neither do a couple of other scenarios I've subscribed to on this route). I thought it might be the GWE70s paks that I've installed, but I've removed them, unsubscribed and subscribed again and still nothing. Any ideas?

10. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Only a handful of Tom’s scenarios show up on PS5 for me, as it does seem to struggle to load up everything that is available. That’s not the main point of this post though…

One thing I have found is that the complex scenarios can’t be completed as the trains all get snarled up with red lights and I think this is due to the dispatcher working slightly differently on different platforms or how it is all configured when you launch the scenario.

This isn’t an isolated issue with Tom’s scenarios or even with scenario planner scenarios because in the past players have described great timetable services (there’s a big thread of them) but they don’t play out as described when I try them because a signal that should let you proceed first doesn’t clear and instead it lets another train out first or something like that. I’ve come across this exact situation on other people’s scenarios where you are supposed to follow a train but your train gets the green signal and you have a clear run.

So on a couple of Tom’s scenarios, where other players are heaping praise on the talented creator, I haven’t been able to finish those scenarios due to them not behaving as I believe the creator intended. I think the sheer number of services is confusing the dispatcher, on PS5 at least, and trains are getting cleared to run in the wrong order and creating a gridlock situation.

11. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Perhaps worth raising a ticket with DTG about this? They may well already be aware of this issue but if not then at least it can be put on the list of issues to be addressed.

12. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Which scenarios specifically? I’ve played almost all of Tom’s now, and not encountered an issue (except from not being able to start a couple).

13. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The one referenced in the opening post here, the Class 45 intercity run to Brighton, that was blocked very close to Brighton; and a Class 101 run from Reigate to London Victoria which got jammed up at East Croydon. I don’t believe I had been running slow on either of the runs but it did appear that the trains were potentially running out of order, or some AI services had not started their run at the time they were supposed to.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Skyz2020

Take an extra couple mins at Victoria to setup for the IC and you will sail through the last leg just fine.

Has anyone tried playing these offline yet?

I seem to be able to still play them when logged out of dovetail, yet with no Internet at all they disappear, working as designed?

• Like Like x 1
  15. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

The IC one for me worked fine, I did spend a couple of minutes looking about and setting up, so maybe it was that? As far as I’m aware though the dispatcher won’t change its mind within a couple of minutes, so I’m not sure how much difference the waiting would make, other than creating space from the train in front.

• Like Like x 1
  16. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

When I get round to playing it again, I’ll take a bit more time about it and see if it helps.

17. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

ive had this problem with toms Brighton IC i play on PS 5 and got stuck on a red outside Brighton. i waited 20 mins then gave up on it. FYI i have played this scenario 3 times and got stuck on the same signal. its a shame really because ive enjoyed toms scenarios. i still look forward to playing them

18. Tom Fresco

Glad that you enjoy my scenarios, but im sorry that you got stuck.
    I think this issue was there in the first Version that was uploaded, but i fixed it later on, i thought that it then updates also automatically on the other end.

But Feedback or ,,Support" for my scenarios can be placede in this thread
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/download-scenarios-repaints-look-at-first-post.40781/
    Then i'll will see it and get a notification about it.

Appreciate the kind Feedback though, and if there are any scenarios that dont work or get you stuck let me know about it and i will fix it, with the dynmaic dispatcher a run can get stuck even if it worked in my test Run. :)

• Like Like x 2
  19. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Cheers for the reply. I also need to see if logging out of DTL and back in brings up more of your scenarios as it only loads around 15 of them at the moment. I don’t have all the DLC required to enjoy all of the ones that have shown up but looking forward to driving more of them when I do.

• Like Like x 1
  20. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

With that issue you can usually get some of the ‘hidden’ ones to show by going forward a page, then going back, and it reveals a hidden page. I’ve found it best to just use the website, however the issue there is that you cannot go to a creators page, fortunately though, Tom is one of the few who are using initials (TF) to identify their work.

• Like Like x 1
  21. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Unfortunately the website doesn’t work at all on an iPad :( - DTG aren‘t particularly good at doing websites it seems. Tom has made it easy to find his work but DTG haven’t I’m afraid. I know it’s early days and if it doesn’t improve soon I’ll put in a proper bug report about all these issues.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Tom Fresco

And if that doesnt work try the link in my signature, it should take you to the CC Website where all my scenarios are listed in an alphabetical Order.
    I know the screach function of the Website doesnt work really well, but a direct link should do the trick.

• Like Like x 2
  23. Dave Mel

today i tried 2 of toms scenarios one was the green flixtrain all i got on my ps 5 was the black mrce engine and white BR 101 coaches. the other one was the br 101 in Ukraine colours engine and all i got was the BR 101 in the red colour lol

24. Tom Fresco

Thats because you dont have the right repaints installed. The Ukraine Repaint for the 101 is named with the author in the description, his Flixtrain (,,Green" for copyright purposes) Livery are also used in the other scenario on SKA.
    Unfortunately you cant directly link used Repaints in the scenario description, so you have to look for them yourself, if you know the author that should be doable, even if you cant directly screach for users.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2022
  25. Dave Mel

ok thanks im not a modder as i have said i use the ps 5 and i dont know what repaints are. but anyway i enjoyed doing the runs