PlayStation Where’s The Reverser Gone?

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by phillip.good, Mar 11, 2022.

1. phillip.good

phillip.good Well-Known Member

Just drove from hermosa to Laramie and then went to change sd70s to go back the other way….. can set up the train fine but…. Where’s the reverser gone?

Attached Files:

2. Jonsutt1

Jonsutt1 Active Member

You have to bring the reverser handle with you from the other cab. Click on the housing above the empty reverser handle slot to either remove the handle, or insert it. In a trailing loco the reverser handle should always be removed - this action locks the associated controls.

3. phillip.good

Sorry, should have explained better…. I actually changed trains and the next sd70 that came in didn’t have a reverser in it…. Do I need to go hunting in the other locos to find a spare reverser? (Just checked this and both other DPUs have insertable and removable reversers that make naff all difference and cannot be ‘carried’ back to the front unit)

This has gotta be a bug surely?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2022
  4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

You don’t need to be in possession of a reverser handle to be able to insert one, you just need to click above the place where the reverser handle goes in and one magically appears for you. If a loco doesn’t have the reverser handle in it, you insert one yourself. It’s all covered in the tutorial for the loco.

5. phillip.good

Have a look at the photo I uploaded…. I am hovering over the reverser (see the white dot). It’s not giving me the option to insert one and without one I am going nowhere

6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Right, that’s odd then and that could be a bug. It might have helped if you had originally said something like “When I hover over the reverser I do not get the option to insert it so I can’t set up the train” to give us a better idea of what was going on. Never mind, we know now, but I have no idea what would cause that I’m afraid.

7. ber#3067

ber#3067 Member

It happens too me too

8. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Sometimes you have to pixel-hunt a bit. The "Reverser" white dot in the screen shot isn't the right one- that's the one for setting the reverser position, which naturally isn't interactable until you stick the handle in (in a slightly different screen location)

9. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

On closer inspection of the picture, it appears that the reverser is in the forward position despite the handle not being inserted. This could be down to banking comm controlling it from another loco. I wonder if that’s why it can’t be inserted.

10. phillip.good

Ooh, interesting and well spotted stujoy, I’ll have a look at the other locos but I would have thought that it would be odd for banking comm to be switched on on a ‘fresh’ loco I.e. previously unused by me in session

11. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It does seem very odd, especially if it’s the lead loco you were in. I’m also assuming you’ve sat down in the engineer’s seat before doing any of the setup as that tells the game you have taken over the service as that’s the only other reason why you might not be able to insert the reverser that I can think of. It’s not a situation I’ve come across myself.

12. phillip.good

Well, I checked all the locos and none of the banking comms were on. And, yes, the service was handed over to me fine. In actual fact all other locos also allowed me to insert a reverser which just makes this even weirder….

• Like Like x 1
  13. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

Your problem there is that the Reverser is already set in forward WITHOUT the Reverser handle being inserted! That's definitely a bug and a big one at that!

14. phillip.good

Just floating this one back to the first page as it’s still doing it and makes playing successive services in timetable mode unplayable

15. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I just had a similar weirdness in an SD70. This was on Cane Creek, the dirt train: I started the run to Moab in my choice, an AC4400, but the game spawned an SD70 as the helper. Run out, no problem. End service, return to free roam, change cabs. BUT- the SD70 had its reverser stuck in reverse. At least the handle was in, but it would not move for love nor money.

The fix (or workaround) turned out to be easy but nonsensical: go with it; run backwards for a few yards and stop. Now the reverser works normally.

So there is some kind of glitch specific to the SD70 reverser when you take over a locomotive from foot mode.