PlayStation S19 Hennef Head To Head At Sindorf Ska

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by stujoy, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

It will be, since the "old" timetable was a copy paste (according to the streams so far), along with some signalling issues it is really sad that the chance to fix this with the expansion pack seems to go un-used :(

• Like Like x 1
  2. Trey N. Driver

Trey N. Driver New Member

I was unsure whether to start a new thread. Stumbled upon this quite by accident. Apologies if I broke etiquette.

3. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

As stujoy pointed out it shouldn't be a problem since the bug isn't fixed, but I wasn't completely sure if it counted as necro bumping or not.

4. grob-e

grob-e Well-Known Member

Matt spoke about the problem in the Festival of Rails stream, for the expansion pack, the AI dispatcher gives you a red on the approach to Horrem, so that the train from Köln Hbf don't book anymore the whole line down to Merzenich. So for the Expansion Pack it's seems to be solved...

(starting around 01:32:30 and again 1:38:00)

• Like Like x 2
  5. adlian_cc203

adlian_cc203 Member

I don’t think so. Started the S19 from Duren at 8:03 on the New Journey timetable, I met with the conflicting train in Sindorf.

--Update--
    I tried again with the S19 from Duren at 8:03. But this time I spawn on foot at 8:00. This time I'm able to finish the service and I met the conflicting train in Marzenich.

My theory is that since the 8:03 S19 start at 8:02, whenever you start the service directly from the menu, the dispatcher will book the route for the train all the way to Sindorf while the AI to Duren will lose priority compared to player's train, thus the conflicting route.
    By starting at 8:00 on foot, the conflicting train and the AI dispatcher is able to book the route for the AI S19 to Duren first and then book the route for the 8:03 S19 to Koln at 8:02 (the time the service start) after the route for the AI to Duren has been established first. Thus, no conflicting movement now. DTG should check on this.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  6. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Sincere apologies for bumping this thread again, but this bug has unbelievably still not been fixed after more than two years.

Currently driving the 13:40 westbound S19 service and am stuck at a red signal about 2.5km from Buir station. The entire rest of the line towards Düren is completely gridlocked because trains are struck at the transitions from the single to double track sections.

This is the exact same problem that has been reported since the release of TSW2 back in 2020. The fact that the New Journeys pack offers a problem-free alternative timetable doesn’t mean the core timetable players pay up to 30€ for can remain broken.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

That will probably never be fixed unfortunately. As far as I know, the new journeys timetable has the same issue, which is even worse considering that the timetable got reworked, but only new things were added and the possibility to fix this issue was not used :(

8. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Wait, New Journeys has that issue too? I thought they fixed it by not reserving the paths of certain trains too far ahead, as Matt stated in the preview stream. But it’s a very complex issue involving multiple signals, so perhaps that attempted fix simply wasn’t enough.