Ps5 Dlc Limit Fix

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Jay1986, Mar 16, 2022.

1. Jay1986

Jay1986 Well-Known Member

What’s the situation with the dlc limit on PS5?
    Literally heard the devs mention it a few months ago, then nothing.
    As a PlayStation user who plays this game, I feel like I’m bottom of the barrel.
    I can’t even enjoy creators club scenarios, as I’m always missing some dlc that I’ve had to delete to make room for other dlc.
    Is anyone actually working on a fix out of the 200+ staff Dovetail have employed?
    I’ll answer my own question. Probably not.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

Matt mentioned it on the last Roadmap stream. They are working on it, but restarted coding from scratch not long ago as they found a better way of auto loading the necessary DLC, without needing manual user intervention. It does seem like watching grass grow but they want to get it right. Anyway, all DTG updates, be it core or DLC, seem to take forever.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Dinger75

Dinger75 Well-Known Member

What do you mean you feel bottom of the barrel. DTG have said we are of the highest priority...for the last 6 months since this all started

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jay1986

Jay1986 Well-Known Member

Okay thanks Rabid. That’s good the devs are trying at least.

Highest priority Dinger?
    It doesn’t feel like it.
    PC and Xbox being able to load all their dlc seems like a higher status then on PS5.

5. ILied

ILied Active Member

Recently some updates broke some key things so while it is a high priority for them, it’s not as simple as what you’re assuming. They need to make sure performance isn’t affected and is done in a way users will find intuitive. It’s possible this is coming to Xbox in the future because of the way consoles load DLC, but the priority at the moment is to address PS5.

6. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Matt has spoken extensively on this over several "state of the game" and roadmap streams
    They started working on a "three step plan" and then found a better way of doing it and decided to do that all in one go
    It means waiting longer for it to be released, but at least once it's done it should solve several problems at once including the DLC limit, several memory issues etc

7. d.heal

d.heal Well-Known Member

It a pain and it needs a fix that's not deleting routers and train and reinstall them hopefully it will get fixed soon before summer as it will be a year by that period

8. ILied

ILied Active Member

They are acutely aware of the issue and are working as hard as they can. They’re taking it seriously enough, there’s an engineer who’s sole job is to get this working and released for players.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

To add to that, I’d rather it took time and worked properly, than be rushed and bug ridden. This has the potential to really mess things up, so let’s give them time and hope that for once this release will be smooth.

• Like Like x 3
  10. ILied

ILied Active Member

Exactly. TrainSim-Matt is aware of this as well. He would rather it took a bit longer and was extensively tested in QA, rather than rush it and it doesn’t go well. Obviously not everything can be possibly picked up in QA, but the aim is to get the most obvious bugs squashed at QA. For Xbox, the same thing is true about the audio issue and changing the system. With something as major as this it could cause unexpected changes in other parts of the game so they would prefer the overall experience doesn’t change for us players, otherwise they will receive criticism the fix broke something else.

• Like Like x 1
  11. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Just to answer the original question - yes, someone is dedicated 100% to working on this issue, but it's complex and needs to be done carefully to get it right. There's no opportunity for it to be done by multiple people to speed it up either. He is continuing to work his way through it and will continue to do so until it comes out.

Matt.

• Helpful Helpful x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

I was a little confused during the stream, when the potential Xbox sound fix of recompiling the audio to a different format was spoken about. I had the impression that the possible consequence (more memory usage) would affect all consoles. How could that be as PS sound works fine and can therefore be left alone? Surely the sound fix and subsequent memory usage would only affect Xboxes? Maybe I misunderstood and am getting my wires crossed!

13. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Hi Matt,
    When implemented, will the game correctly count total medals and mileage etc? Currently, when a route is deleted from the PS5, the medal count and total mileage changes accordingly.

14. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Only all xboxes, they wouldn't be recompiling the sounds for other consoles as they wouldn't use the same codec

15. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Yes only xbox audio suffers from the issue, which is caused by an audio format unique to xbox - so the theory is we just change that format and rebuild xbox. No change to other platforms.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

Thanks for the clarification Matt.