Did I Just Buy Duplicate Routes?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vogelm10, Mar 18, 2022.

1. vogelm10

vogelm10 Well-Known Member

So with the sale going on I went and bought some dlc. I picked up the Koblenz-Cologne route as well as the TGV Lyon-Marseille route. When I went to get them a bundle option came up for a few extra dollars asking if I wanted the Cologne Airport and West Rhine line for the German route and the Marseille to Avignon line for the TGV route. I bought the bundles because for a few dollars why not right? I assumed these would be different lines however when I went to play them it seems as if they are exact duplicates. Am I missing something here or did I just get tricked into buying the same routes twice?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

No, you haven't bought duplicates. The Koln airport link and the Rhone-Alps are add-ons/extensions and need the routes they are tied to to play them (base routes).
    In the case of Koln airport, West Rhine is needed and the Lyon-Marseille (LGV Mediterranee and Rhone Alps) route needs Marseille-Avignon.
    It's very similar to the release of the Reigate branch for the Brighton Main line, it needs the Brighton Main Line route to work.

3. vogelm10

Oh cool!

4. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

Except that they add more than a mile of track.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Yes, that's true. Most add-ons do add more track than 1 mile.

6. jklimentowski

jklimentowski Active Member

Marseille-Avignon is very short alone. It's like 20 minutes of driving. With the extension you get about 1.5 hour even going 320 km/h for most of the time. So definitely it was a good pick.

Koeln Airport extension is pretty short and I wouldn't recommend it if it's not on sale. But I guess it was :)

7. vogelm10

Yeah...it was $14 for both routes or $8ish for the one...so for that small amount it was okay. I was hoping it was going to be the routes on both sides of the Rhine since I rode them back in college and had lots of fun with it. Still just having the one route is pretty neat.