Mnrr Stopping Positions…?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by matthew.lee.02, Mar 18, 2022.

1. matthew.lee.02

matthew.lee.02 Member

Hi

The MNRR Harlem Line doesn’t have any stop markers at stations. That seems to be accurate and true to life. So how do engineers know where to stop if it’s not at the end of the platform?

2. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

Some stations have them. They are blue aigns with a white number (2, 4, 6, 8, etc) and face the train, not towards you like you'd expect. Some of them hand on the station awning.
    When it's not available, engineers just use something there, like a particular lamp post, bench, marking-a land mark of some sort, to know where to stop.
    Perfect example: on the LIRR, when pulling into the middle track eastbound at Hicksville and I have a 10 consist, I know to stop by the next to last PIS on my right since the markers are on the side track.

3. matthew.lee.02

matthew.lee.02 Member

I see. Thanks for the response. Sometimes I’d have a 6 8 or 10 unit and the game makes me stop at the 4 board. I’ve so far only spotted 2 and 4 boards as well. Is that correct?

Also, do engineers have to remember multiple unique stopping positions per station for each possible unit length?

Last edited: Mar 19, 2022
  4. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

Pretty much. As well as speed limits. Conductors too.

• Like Like x 2