Metro North Suggestion For New Rochelle For Possible M8 In The Future

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Louie, Mar 10, 2022.

1. Louie

Louie Well-Known Member

8ECC181C-E792-493D-89FD-15760E25CD4F.jpeg D5F5E39F-C8C9-443B-8F50-8A2DE2CC8861.jpeg So this is a suggested for Metro North to add new Rochelle‘s that way we could have the M8 in TSW2 And because you guys already had it for Amtrak in TSW i’m guessing it would be easier for you to add New Rochelle and The MTA railfan community will appreciate it

(benefits)
    You guys can decide the price for the route

people would be happy

New train

More scenarios

And more fun

Three news stations

Last edited: Mar 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 11
  2. lachlan smith

lachlan smith Active Member

get this for train sim world 2 as well l love usa routes makes me enjoyable

3. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

I definitely support this, and as noted elsewhere,

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...helle-hidden-away-on-harlem-line.52974/unread

some assets, for whatever reason, do exist. It would be a first for a loco pack to come with a route extension, but this is kind of a shorter route extension, so maybe a good test case? I believe I read that the M8 switches over at Pelham, so you would have that too, and could even layer some Amtrak AI at New Roc utilizing NEC-BP. Sign me up!

Last edited: Mar 20, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Louie

Louie Well-Known Member

Yeah and if they do this metro north will feel more alive and like you said it can be a start to one of the best features of TSW2 I just think this would be the best suggestion for dovetail and dovetail if you’re listening please take notes

5. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Bring this classic TS 22 train into TSW 2. Interestingly scenario planner can be used to make M8 vs 387/2 races

6. lachlan smith

lachlan smith Active Member

will the m8 happen on train sim wolrd 2

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

I would love to see the M8 but I preferred to have a separate route that would include layers from the Harlem Line and NEC vice versa. So if they make the New Haven Line, then you’ll get M8 a.i. traffic on the Harlem Line.

• Like Like x 2
  8. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

Theoretically, I would prefer a separate NH line as well, with layers to Harlem, etc. However, during one of the streams Matt alluded to if we wanted an M8, we should ask. My point, and I think the OP's point, is that if we are getting an M8 loco DLC, it would be so much better with the little route extension as well. After all, how much longer to wait would a whole new NH line DLC take? Probably a while, and also probably not on DTG's radar at the moment. However, an M8 DLC with route extension could (hopefully) be done sooner, therefore giving Harlem the extra traffic that could really make it better, sooner. Of course, even just the M8 would give the extra traffic, but that would be a short drive to Fordham. So, that's why I say, let's do this, DTG

• Like Like x 2
  9. kiyoko91

kiyoko91 Well-Known Member

I support this route too! That should b extended to Stamford or South Norwalk in CT

• Like Like x 1
  10. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

Me too, anything that add more train layer and a new route is in my book

• Like Like x 1
  11. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I do not support this. The line would be way too short. The route should go to New Haven. Not New Rochelle. Only local trains stop at new rochelle anyways. It's not the new rochelle line but the new haven line so the route should go all the way to new haven

12. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

It should go to at least Stamford. New Haven is going to be to long for Dovetail to do. We need M8 AI Trains for Harlem because I think that's the reason why it doesn't feel so busy is because we are missing the New Haven AI Services for the route.

• Like Like x 2
  13. R3DWolf91

R3DWolf91 Well-Known Member

I agree that Stamford would be a more ideal stopping point, even more so if it included the New Canaan branch. Stamford has a yard and storage facilities, similar to NWP in the new Harlem Line DLC.

• Like Like x 1
  14. tallboy7648

So does new haven. Routes need to be getting longer not shorter. There was backlash for making the Harlem line to north white plains for a reason especially since dtg took so many shortcuts in the scenery in that route especially in Manhattan.

• Like Like x 1
  15. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

Am not against making routes longer trust me. It bothers me that I only can go to North White Plains. Sadly it's just how dovetail works.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Louie

Louie Well-Known Member

The only reason I say the new Rachelle is is because dovetail has never done track expansions so this will be like a first time thing but with track expansions which I already made a suggestion for it’s basically you pay a small fee and you get more room to play in so basically more stations so hopefully dovetail actually listens for once

17. tallboy7648

But again it would simply be too short. Also not everyone owns harlem anyways so a new route would be better anyways and have more value

18. tallboy7648

Considering that the section from GCT to woodlawn is already made, DTG wouldn't have to make that section again meaning new stuff that would have to be made is less than 72 miles. Again your suggestion is just too short. New Haven Stamford Locals would only stop at Harlem, fordham, Mount Vernon East, Pelham and New Rochelle. That's only 5 stops and those stops aren't far from each other. Express services would stop at harlem only before going express to stamford. No New Haven line trains terminate at new rochelle so your suggestion doesn't have alot of value because gameplay wouldn't be long. You can't just make a short line just for the sake of having a layer for an existing route that not everyone owns.

19. Louie

Louie Well-Known Member

I understand what you mean but dovetail has never done a track expansion before so this can be something they could work on it and by doing so later on in the future when track expansion packs are more of a common thing they can add even more stops to metro north/other train maps So that’s why I suggested a lower number of stations but I do understand and thank you

20. Louie

Louie Well-Known Member

Well I could possibly see dovetail at in Port Chester because it’s the same length as Grand Central to North White Plains and it’s the same length Four N. White Plains so basically it could work

21. tallboy7648

A separate route would be much better