Train 520 (harlem Line) Crestwood To Gct

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by 410nick, Mar 20, 2022.

1. 410nick

410nick Member

I’ve seen multiple reports of a.i trains getting stuck. An instance happened to me as well and it’s not the first. This one in particular Train 520 (M7A) from the North White Plains yard to crest wood. Yard departure 7:25am, station arrival 7:55 am due to the limited and restricted signaling speeds. I usually play with the score display, speedometer, signal hud and next speed limit hud off. I always use the safety systems and followed all track limits at reduced speed all the way to Crestwood with another train in front of me. I arrived to Crestwood about 15 minutes early . Everything was going well. I started to take notice on an adjacent middle track an M3A poking halfway out of the station waiting for a signal to turn green (Southbound) and an M7A also on the same track about a half a mile away waiting on a red signal to clear and enter the station (Northbound). I thought nothing of it cause I figured the trains would continue in transit upon me clearing the next red signal. I’ve managed to reach 2 stations upon approaching another red. This time I had to wait. Upon 5 mins of waiting I took a peak at the map. The trains that were waiting to clear were still stuck and as I scanned further southbound, I took notice to almost every Northbound train being stuck behind red signals. One station had about 4 to 5 trains lined up behind one another. The trains arriving to and departing from GCT were also stuck behind red signals. Further up North closer to White Plains, more trains started piling up behind each other. I eventually had to quit the session. These occurrences happens during rush hours and has not happened to me on an off peak where train intervals are much slower than the daytime. I rarely complain about services in TSW 2 cause I only play service mode. But by this being my all time favorite dlc, this could be a game breaker to me. Hopefully these issues are addressed and corrected soon.

• Like Like x 1
  2. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

Submit a ticket and see what the team said. Also let Matt know on the stream today.

3. 410nick

410nick Member

I forgot how to submit the ticket but I will definitely mention it in the stream today.

4. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. in_04

in_04 New Member

Sorry for you, but I just finished the job.
    upload_2022-3-20_18-37-37.png
    Can only ques that either something is broken with your installation or you make a mistake at driving?
    I drive with score display, speedometer, signal hud and next speed limit hud on, so maybe you should try this too.
    This service has a hell of waiting time but it work as mentioned. Arrived 3 or 4 minutes early at GCT but no other problems.

6. Veryfatbloke

Veryfatbloke Member

This is odd, I also completed the trip.
    20220320183056_1.jpg

7. shimarin

shimarin Active Member

I'm doing service that are reported to be borked up and I had no problem with this service either (albeit I played it on XSX):

8. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

There seems to be some random issues which affect some more than others, Ive have zero issues personally but its concerning the volume of issues reported.

Ive completed around 15 services (with all safety systems turned on) including most of the ones reported as borked.

• Like Like x 2
  9. 410nick

410nick Member

I definitely appreciate all of the feedback gentlemen. Maybe I need to verify the integrity of the steam files and try it again.

10. 410nick

410nick Member

Oh yeah maybe it could be that I always spawn in service mode on foot as well? Vs spawning directly into the train itself?

11. Felix Costa

Felix Costa Member

I'm on Epic and having the same issue on 520 and 2325.

12. shimarin

shimarin Active Member

"2325" is the first Harlem Line service that is actually borked for me on Xbox Series X. Red signal right at the end of the service just before Crestwood, there are like 7 train up in each others butt at the other side of the station.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2022
  13. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Could bw, but why would that break the timetable? Seems odd. But might be worth investigating

14. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

It reminds me of a similar issue on NEC, some people reported trains bunching up, but it wasn't consistent in any way. I guess it's just a random issue that comes up from time to time, and doesn't have to be tied to one specific service.

Similar issue for a very small number of people reporting to still experience the head to heads at Sindorf even in the new timetable on SKA

If I had to take a guess some routes are more vulnerable than others depending on signalling and timetable, but only a new and "stronger" dispatcher will fix those once and for all.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2022
  15. Felix Costa

Felix Costa Member

There's a topic I think under PC discussion about what will be the next route released by DTG this year. I'd prefer DTG spent the whole year fixing this problems (AI. traffic stuck, better dispatcher,......) than releasing a new route.

• Like Like x 1
  16. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Making new routes makes money, fixing old ones doesn't...

17. Dinosbacsi

Fixing old stuff also makes money, considering many people wait with buying routes until they are fixed. Not everyone buys stuff at release

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Very true. But if you piss off all your loyal customers with shoddy work (same problems repeated over and over again), eventually that objective doesn’t work anymore. Reading the forums, plenty of people are getting really really fed up. DTG is seemingly deaf/blind to this and is continuing on regardless. It’ll backfire spectacularly at some point. Less, better quality DLC is needed and a real focus on fixing core issues is long overdue.

• Like Like x 2
  19. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Definitely didn't want to say that I agree with that statement, just provided a rationale for their actions. I'm the first that wants things fixed.
    Eh... I can't see that being too much of a thing, considering that only a fraction of the people in this forum reason this way, and the forums itself are a fraction of the whole player base I don't think that arguments holds true.

HHL was amongst the top 10 sellers of this year despite:
    • Awful rolling stock. BR112 doesn't look like the real BR112 at all.
    • The BR182 has the screens reversed, and has not any major improvements from the years old RT BR182
    • Loco brake on the BR112 doesn't work
    • There are braking pipes suspended beneath the loco
    • The DoStos are wrong
    It seems like enough people are happy enough to buy "good enough" things, maybe as long as they are not as awful as the BR187...

I am ashamed that I bought SMH even with the broken CCS, and I wasn't able to get it refunded... how many people do you think even noticed, let alone cared that it wasn't working?

RT has had unusable PZB for months now, if issues like these really affected cash flow, I have a feeling it would have been prioritised a lot more.

LZB only works in the HUD in the BR146, not in the actual loco screens? How many people care about that?

TSW is not trying to appeal to the ZuSi crowd, we are the exception not the rule... remember that a route with completely NON FUNCTIONAL safety system was green-lighted for release.

To be completely honest I think the only real benefit they have is in terms of PR and "trust" from more loyal customers...

Last edited: Mar 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  20. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

No issue with 520 for me on Steam, I arrived at the 10mph restriction approaching GCT around 12 early and was held there for a minute, then the signals cleared into the platform, arrived 5 early - all the AI was moving around the route perfectly. Very strange that it's affecting some but not other people. I'm yet to find any AI bugs at all - my only problem with driving is that GCT has no PIS at all so it's impossible to find another train to take back out after arriving without going back to the menu.

21. Dinosbacsi

Well they themselves keep saying that it's a niche market with not much sales. Maybe they would have more sales if the quality was consistenty good, instead a mixed lootbag. After all, DTG has quite a bad reputation with quality control. Not just here, look on reddit, facebook groups or anywhere, people will often say "typical DTG" and things like that.

Though I feel like TSW is still a big improvement over TS in that regard, as TS content is very often even worse in quality. But could improve sales by improving quality so it's consistent and people would have faith in all DLCs, instead of every launch starting with reading reviews to see if it's playable or just a bugfest.

22. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Reasonably it's possible that would be the case, TBH I am not qualified to either say you are right or wrong, I'm not some kind of market analyst.

What I'd say is that if you are right there would still be enough incentive to make future releases better to "change their reputation" but not much in fixing old stuff, as only people that already are in TSW care about that.

I do agree how ridiculous the bug situation is going, even small things, like after 700 different iterations of the same DoSto cab car, how on earth can the one in DCZ and only that have its headlights bugged? I so hope we can get a move on with fixes and improvements, because at this rate it seems like the latest releases won't get fixed before the heat death of the universe. Not that I'm expecting things like SHM's CSS to ever be fixed.

23. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Maybe off topic, but look at the latest patch notes!
    Couldn't have been happier to be proven wrong. Good job DTG!

• Like Like x 1
  24. Dinosbacsi

Yes, what a great list of patch notes! Especially happy about the Sherman Hill improvements

• Like Like x 1