PC Some Bugs For Harlem Line...

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Der Uni, Mar 20, 2022.

1. Der Uni

Der Uni Well-Known Member

Hello everyone,

i have found some Bugs on the new DLC Harlem Line:

Train Drive through Platform on Grand Central Station Platform: 39 or 40 (dont know yet)

20220317215426_1.jpg

Some Stopping Signs are placed incorrectly on North White Plains Station

20220320224505_1.jpg

It seems there is a double Achievement for Steamusers:
    The Achievement for complete all Instructions for the Harlem Line seems to be twice, but only one will be unlocked...

steam_double_achie.jpg

If i applied the Brakes, the TSW2 showing the Text "Brakes ERROR" (German: " Bremse FEHLER")...
    On both Trains M3A, M7A...

20220321001304_1.jpg

...to be continued...

Last edited: Mar 20, 2022
  2. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

The brake thing seems to be a localization error, as I've never encountered it on english settings

• Like Like x 2
  3. bartolomaeusz

bartolomaeusz Well-Known Member

Red Light Bug on Tain 514 Hartsdale to GCT 0721am, just after Scarsdale, red light stack and light does not change.

4. Der Uni

Dinosbacsi Ok, thanks for your Reply. Didnt know this is a localization error. I think DTG knows what to do ;)

bartolomaeusz Yes, I have now also tried out the 514 train service. But i had a different ending:
    From North White Plains Depot to Harlem 125th Street all runs smoothly..no red lights and all within the Timetable

20220321223203_1.jpg

But short before Grand Central Terminal the Horror Begins... :o
    I almost Crashed in the rear of the Train that i followed via the Timetable in the Park Avanue Tunnel. No red light prevents me to stop before. Even at 10 mph and the Lights on, you see it very late...

20220321223512_1.jpg

20220321223752_1.jpg

The Train in front of me didn´t move an inch away. A couple Minutes later another Train from behind almost crashed in my rear...

20220321223933_1.jpg
    At this Time not a single Train moves around Grand Central Station. So i leave my Cab and run to the First Train of the Group and drive it (without any Problems) to Grand Central Terminal Station. This Train was the #512 Service, wich should have been 7:44 in Grand Central Terminal. At this Time it was 8:19...

Later i noticed some strange thing: The AI Couple two Trains in the Tunnel. The Train that i moved out of the Tunnel to GCT was coupled with a M7A and a M3A (didn´t know where it happend)

20220321225551_1.jpg
    Overall:
    Even after i pushed the First Train out of the Tunnel. Only 2 Trains moved to the Station. The following Trains turns also to a pilled up Train-Snake...

DTG have to to a lot of Work in the Timetable or the Logic for moving Trains....

• Like Like x 1
  5. wxtr7

wxtr7 Well-Known Member

You won't get a red light for a train in front of you - multiple trains are allowed to exist in the same block. The 'R' of ATC means you're Restricted to a max of 15MPH and you drive on sight prepared to stop if a train is actually in front of you. Red lights only exist at interlockings to protect the train if the switch isn't aligned correctly yet

Again related to multiple trains in the same block. However, DTG do need to fix the tolerance for AI stopping, because they do stop much closer than they should. Generally, they won't crash though. If you found an M7A coupled to an M3A, its likely because one of them stopped too close and the coupling system coupled them, which threw off the dispatcher and why things came to a halt. That is a bug.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Der Uni

Ok, I need to rethink after driving different routes. ;) On other Routes in TSW2, as far as I know, two Trains never drive in the same Block and a red Signal stops a following Train.

But in this case, i think the "Two or more Trains in one Signal Block"-Thing on the Harlem Line generates the Problem of not moving and Stucked AI Trains...

7. bartolomaeusz

8. bartolomaeusz

Der Uni, thank you, I knew it wasn't just me .. I forgot to note that also the rear cars of the AI trains extend behind the red signal light .. but since the light never changes I knew it was the old red light issue again, and yes - they do know what to do! Thanks

9. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

Also Grand Central is missing PIS for next train arrivals and departures. Some stations up to the northern end of the route have updated PIS as they do have in real life, but they don't work. So it's impossible to see when trains are expected to arrive on those stations instead of looking at the map (breaks immersion).
    Many more have been said, especially the interior lights and PIS on the M7A and M3A not turning on with the AI and bugging out.
    Those AI trains are also very wacky. They love to stop inches away from your train (not realistic at all).

Some of the pathing for express and local services are kind of wrong. If 5 or 6 local and express trains are using the local tracks between Melrose and Woodlawn in both directions during peak and off-peak. Why are the express trains not utilised as much. I have seen lots of activity on the local tracks even trains that are going express use them which is fine, but that is not good utilization of frequency patterns as 4 tracks enables lots of flexibility. But they should operate express trains via the express tracks unless they are semi-express or skip-stop. This leads to trains only using the local track and pilling up until Mott Haven Junction or Woodlawn. This does not happen all the time but sometimes during peak hours and off-peak they do this. Despite the center express tracks not being occupied by the peak direction or opposite direction express trains.

I noticed that the AI also use the junction near Botanical Garden station which I never knew they actually are programmed to use.

The infamous "looping" sound effect inside and outside the train still persist in the game. I believe that's a core issue, but it should have been resolved already. It's been almost 2 years since TSW 2 released. This was not an issue with TSW 2020.

10. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

On my version the M7a doesnt have the Rain drop effect on the passenger coach windows. Actually the entire Train has them only on the front cab. For the M3a its there, so no problems from that side. I discovered it randomly while traveling as passenger.

M7a (Only Cab Front and 1 Side Window has the effects):
    TSW2_Meridian_1650925487_00.png

M3a (Everything covered like it should be):
    TSW2_Meridian_1650925434_00.png

TSW2_Meridian_1650925421_00.png

I hope DTG can fix this, it might be a small thing and not game braking, but its an immersion braker when making a "rainy day passenger ride" in the M7.

Edit: By the way the uncoupling on the M7 doesnt seem to work.., a fix would be apreciated

Last edited: Apr 25, 2022
  11. Bradmac

Bradmac Member

Train 518 Hartsdale to GCT still bugged. Stuck behind another train for 10 minutes now and nothing is moving. TSW3_Bradometer_1670609311_00.png

• Like Like x 1