Have Dtg Completely Forgotten About British Routes? Here's

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ethanafro#1375, Mar 2, 2022.

1. ethanafro#1375

ethanafro#1375 Active Member

So with the most recent roadmap stating that Spirit of Steam (the supposed next UK route) apparently still a long way off, it has already been nearly 5 months since the release of London Commuter but still no British route has appeared on the roadmap. If Spirit of Steam is taking a long time, why is there no other British route on the roadmap to compensate that? Well i feel i have the perfect solution for DTG to come back with a bang on Britain.

The main thing is not to give us new routes but to upgrade existing routes with new stuff. I cannot say if the Preservation Crew's work is good or not because we haven't seen it which is the first really irritating thing.

EXAMPLES:
    Great Western Express: We already have overhead power lines between London & Hayes and Harlington, where are the 387 shuttles that used to run from Paddington to Hayes.
    These services ran every 30 min and call at: Paddington, Acton Mainline, Ealing Broadway, West Ealing, Hanwell, Southall & Hayes and Harlington.

East Coastway: The 313 is awesome and an awesome little loco but where are the Eastbourne/Hastings/Ore to London Victoria 377s? These services are already represented on LBN going between London & Haywards Heath, so where are these services on East Coastway. It would improve Lewes by giving Platforms 1 & 2 more action rather than 1 service per day & would improve the variety and frequency on the Eastbourne line by adding in the services.

Bakerloo line: We were promised by DTG a big timetable for Bakerloo line with around 400 services, nearly 18 months after the route released, we have yet to see it. I understand that DTG are trialing a system of dynamic pathing, but why is this taking so long? The team have had nearly 18 months to get this sorted, how slow are they working?

These and the Preservation Crew upgrades to British routes such as GWE, ECW & NTP would greatly improve the amount of stuff us UK players are getting. No route for nearly 5 months even on the roadmap for a UK route or basically anything and if Spirit of Steam is still a while off, why isn't another UK route or anything being done in the very long wait that British players have had between routes. Just give us something which will give us more gameplay because i'm sure players like myself are getting a bit bored with the small amount of UK stuff which has released for TSW2.

The UK is one of the 3 main countries in TSW2 with Germany and the US but yet still nothing for the UK and all German & US

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 8
  2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

And..
    ?

• Like Like x 1
  3. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

It must be a very subtle solution!

4. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Didn't we get Brighton Mainline, The 1938 Stock, The 313 and Cornwall all in the space of about 2-3 months?

• Like Like x 6
  5. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

overhead power lines are cosmetic and not actually functional
    they have had issues trying to get this working from what i believe as there is nowhere for the loco's to go easier said than done.
    maybe they aren't ready to announce that they are working on a route yet they have said they won't announce routes anymore from the roadmap but rather on social media.

• Like Like x 4
  6. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

One doesn't simply "add more services." to a timetable (unless they have been secretly included beforehand). It requires a complete rebuild of the schedule from scratch (this is why, for example, the 313 comes with an all-new timetable for ECW). Ordinarily the PC team doesn't have time for what is a brutally labor-intensive process. The only exception I can think of is the reworked TT for Rapid Transit- which took Adam 3 weeks out of the month allotted for that route.
    ----------------------------
    Bakerloo: held up because the current Dispatcher routine can't handle it. A full BKL timetable has been made- over a year ago - but it always devolves into a hopeless traffic snarl. A lot of the problem, as Knightfire1964 says, is that Bakerloo is self-contained and they can't 'relieve the pressure' by running trains in and out of portals: every train in the 24-hour schedule has to be running a service, or parked at one of two depots. Work on the upgraded Dispatcher is proceeding.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  7. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Didn't read because blocks of bold text are just annoying.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Commiee

Commiee Well-Known Member

Fans of German and British rail complaining about being neglected by the devs of Train Sim UK-Germany 2 is the meme-iest of memes.

• Like Like x 8
  9. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

I am left wondering what route Just Trains are going to be working on?

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. Renfe cercanias

Renfe cercanias Active Member

this is called train sim world 2 .... it's not called train sim Great Britain. Not only does England exist, there are more countries in the world than the usual 3 repetitive ones

• Like Like x 5
  11. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

The world in "Train Sim World" refers to the interactive "world" within each DLC, not the world as in the countries of the world.

• Like Like x 4
  12. OldVern

OP has not returned to clarify his grand statement!

13. cxsmax

cxsmax New Member

they didnt forget about UK routes they are adding the sprirt of steam from liverpool

• Like Like x 3
  14. OldVern

But no news of anything else, other than the Scouse Steam. And OP has still to expand on his opening statement, seems like it was just a troll post after all.

• Like Like x 2
  15. ARuscoe

A new user makes a post and then doesn't come back to answer within a few hours so you call them a troll???
    Hardly sounds fair, I mean some people have lives and can't always be available to comment on some people's schedule...

With regards to the main post (now thankfully not in bold), I don't see an issue in the main with "no new routes on the horizon", but then I have some patience, I understand there IS a lot of work going on (see aforementioned steam, core updates, pres crew updates, 3rd party development etc etc) but if your patience threshold is less than mine and you're always looking for the next shiny new thing I can see you might get "ticked off" by the pace of DTG releases.
    Unfortunately it does take time to come up with, let alone produce, a semi-decent simulation game simply because no two routes are the same, no two train classes are the same (even within classes there are differences)...

• Like Like x 6
  16. OldVern

FTFY.

• Like Like x 2
  17. johnmcglade30

johnmcglade30 Active Member

I would like to see the new Chatham main line what is currently in TS 2022 also so I would love to see the sheerness branch and I like to see the 700 I hope we can make this happen we need to have more British roach

• Like Like x 1
  18. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

This ^^

It's getting tiresome.

Greetings from one of the countries which has NO TSW DLC AT ALL

• Like Like x 7
  19. ARuscoe

The interesting part of CML is already in game, the bit from Rochester onwards. The bit from Victoria to Rochester isn't really served that well by the CML trains, being served further into London by the Orpington and Sevenoaks services more than the mainline Southeastern ones. Generally services which go out "as far as" Medway (a whole 30 miles or so) Stop only at Bromley South before leaving the London travel zones with the next stop being either Farningham Road or Longfield. It's then either 1 or two more stops and you're in Rochester already
    Oh, and just about everything on this route once you get past Swanley is a "big blue box", something people already say we have enough of

Much better for me would be the North Kent lines.
    Three interconnecting commuter lines, using the 465, 466, and the 376 high capacity electrostar (which looks almost nothing like the 375) and we could also have freight, something to CML doesn't have at all outside of RHTT

20. ARuscoe

And no UE development studios which could help with that situation?

21. tsgaming#9345

tsgaming#9345 Member

The Overhead Lines are actually functional. If you are on PC and have the FGW Mod and Cathcart Circle, you can use the 314 in Timetable Mod and it will work properly (until hayes where the electric ends)

22. ARuscoe

The overhead lines were fine until H&H IRL at the time so it's no surprise they're configured if not active in game (for dovetail reasons)
    But don't forget 66% of users cannot use "mods" (read config changes)

• Like Like x 2
  23. Renfe cercanias

Renfe cercanias Active Member

Greetings from another country (Spain) that does not have and has never had a route.

Let's be honest, we would all like to see variety but it's a shame that it's always the same three countries. This is starting to get repetitive. If it wasn't for rivet and switzerland......

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  24. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Last year we were treated to a plethora of UK DLC's, but yeah this year new UK stuff is a little light on the ground. It's a little concerning that aside from Spirit of Steam (which I predict to be a Summer release) there is nothing else UK related for new DLC's. I'm excited to see what the Preservation crew can do with the UK routes though.

25. AmbyyRose

AmbyyRose Member

I mean to me personally, it seems like adding steam trains to TSW2 might be more complicated than it appears to be, not only that but what if (Miraculously) they are working on a route from a new country instead of the Big 3?(Germany, UK, US). After all it is called Train Sim World 2. It probably is just more complex than just to add things into existing routes and then have it work, considering whenever they do add changes it seems to break a bunch of other things.
    A simple solution (not to be rude) is to just have patience and play something else that you like in the meantime, eventually with enough wait you will get what you want or have discovered a game you like more.
    Hope you have a very nice day or night though.

• Like Like x 1
  26. OldVern

Generally accepted as the fact you can walk around the "world" more freely, trains, stations etc., rather than any intention to provide a more global collection of routes.

• Like Like x 1
  27. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

We will see JT things on the roadmap around Autumn probably

28. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

Not bothered by the long wait for more UK content. We're getting steam locomotives out of it, it's totally worth it :)

Besides, it's not like there isn't a shortage of stuff to do on the selection of released UK routes. Have you completed the London Commuter timetable yet?

• Like Like x 4
  29. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

Well we should be patient. Literally when the routes are short people say "make longer ones, we can wait" but now this is taking long and we can't be patient. I get that we haven't had anything since WCL but we just need patience.

30. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

And of course we have Just Trains in the equation now too so we can probably expect more frequent UK routes once they've gotten up to speed with making content.

• Like Like x 4
  31. tardisgaming07

tardisgaming07 Well-Known Member

Let's be honest, it's probably some part of the MML.

• Like Like x 1
  32. OldVern

Or Chiltern.
    Or Edinburgh to Dundee.

• Like Like x 1
  33. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

I hope its the London to Bedford section

• Like Like x 1
  34. ethanafro#1375

i would be quite happy to wait another 3 months for a route, the point is that nothing has been put on the roadmap. if something was on the roadmap (other than Spirit of Steam), this post would NOT have existed. it is purely because we haven't seen anything on the roadmap UK based except for spirit of steam

35. ethanafro#1375

i am looking forward to seeing what Just Trains does but DTG can't rely on 3rd party devs to be making routes for them. Let's look at Rivet for example, Isle of Wight released with so many bugs and the route remains a complete and utter disgrace now.

36. ethanafro#1375

love to see the 700 on that route. 700, 360 & 222 would all be really nice

• Like Like x 1
  37. ethanafro#1375

or anything basically. anything could & probably will happen

38. ethanafro#1375

you are obviously a steam enthusiast and i accept that. it just seems to be that apart from spirit of steam, nothing is really being done UK wise

No i haven't completed the London Commuter timetable in answer to your question but it is a very high demanding route and my PC isn't the best at running it

39. ethanafro#1375

complicated or not, DTG knew that spirit of steam would take a lot longer than your average route. so why is there either no UK route as a filler or major upgrades to current UK routes (Preservation Crew work on GWE for example). if spirit of steam is the next UK release, i reckon we could still be here in 2 months time still waiting for it to be finished. also, people like me who aren't steam enthusiast have nothing at all to look forward to british route wise. it gets a bit irritating seeing something which is backing up everything else and taking ages to develop. the 313 took ages to be released but yet other things released during the development but yet with steam, NOTHING

• Like Like x 1
  40. ethanafro#1375

?

41. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Well presumably if they started developing another "filler" route then SOS or some of the other releases would be pushed even further back. Us steam enthusiasts have had a five year wait so far, I am sure you can wait a little LONGER!

I am still waiting to hear what the solution is!

42. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

Well, DTG have pretty much revamped their third party developer situation and are now working much more closely with them to give them proper support.

I don't think we need worry about DTG 'relying' on third parties to fill plug the gap. DTG have been moving towards having a dedicated content creation team for all three of the core nations in the game. I'm not sure if that's been achieved (I'd guess yes) but this means each of the big three nations will have content being built for it by DTG near permanently.

Yes, perhaps Spirit of Steam isn't to every fan of British content's taste, but not all of it will be, and nor should it be. But as more third parties come into the fold there will only be more of a chance that some of it will be. Yes, of course there will be quality issues, particularly earlier on but the third parties will learn over time, for some it may take longer than others but it will happen, and DTG will continie to refine their third party process.

To be honest the title of this thread is a little confusing to me, Spirit of Steam is the biggest project regarding British content since, well, probably since it was first added with GWE. On top of that British content is getting its own dedicated team within DTG and we have had a third party developer come into the fold which has a significant reputation for building British content. I know we cannot currently see specifically what the future holds for British content but if we take a step back and consider the bigger picture here, the future for British content has really never looked better.

• Like Like x 3