Dtg, The Timetable For Harlem Line Is Broken & This Is Totally Random

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by breblimator, Mar 20, 2022.

1. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Two examples:

PC - Train 616 Southeast To Gtc | Harlem Line | Dovetail Games Forums
    PC - Train 355 Gct To Crestwood | Harlem Line | Dovetail Games Forums

Journey runs #2 & #4. I guess I'm afraid to check what's next...

I was deleting folders...
    I was removing mods...

I even changed my Steam rating to positive...
    It was reckless and premature. I was naive.

DTG... Matt? Joe? Or anyone else who will admit authorship.
    You've checked it many times, of course, and it works. Yes, Yes, We know it.

BR o7

I can understand everything, even 'wrong DoSto' and terrible sound sometimes - because it's 'playable'. But this time it is NOT.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  2. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Strange because for me everything works flawless

• Like Like x 2
  3. breblimator

breblimator Guest

You are the lucky man :) I am not.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

I also had no problems whatsoever with these runs. On #355 GCT to Crestwood I had to just slow down a bit at the end for that red, but it changed to green just as I was approaching. A train was coming from the other side of the station and had to wait until it cleared the junctions.

• Like Like x 1
  5. breblimator

breblimator Guest

#2 | I was able to do it for the fifth time, I think...
    #4 | Second attempt, in progress...

Other routes / few runs, just to be sure / no such problems.
    I try not to save the game. Maybe sometimes I do it instinctively? Magic happens /o\

6. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

I try to always depart early from the start station to keep arriving early to the next station then you will have an M3 or M7 stalking you until the end station

• Like Like x 1
  7. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Cant speak for service 355 as Ive not done it yet (Ill give it a go when I get home this afternoon). But I completed 616 no issues what so ever and Ive done 7 other services (total mileage 130 miles) and not had a game ending red. For comparision and to perhaps help identify the issues I drive with full safety systems on and these are always started from the timetable page in a variety of weather conditions and months.

breblimator are you struggling with these in journey mode rather than service mode?

• Like Like x 1
  8. breblimator

breblimator Guest

This is happening to me in the Journey mode, redrev.
    I play with safety systems ON.

I really like the route and trains are fun to drive but... loosing my religion :D

9. redrev1917

Perhaps the issue is somehow related to journey mode then?

10. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I excluded mods from the suspect list. I reset the game to its default configuration. I try not to save the game. Your theory is plausible and worth checking.

11. breblimator

breblimator Guest

#4 done, the second try was OK
    so it is random or saving the game interrupts dispatching badly / & the Journey theory

12. redrev1917

I've just done 616 on journey mode again no issue 5mins early into 125th street after momentarily being held at a red about 1mile out. Arrival into GCT was 2 mins early. Does this match your experience?

Did you continue journey mode directly from 616 or start the 4th journey from the menu?

• Like Like x 1
  13. breblimator

breblimator Guest

My second attempt was OK. I am on time or arrive earlier, mostly.

• Like Like x 1
  14. redrev1917

Unfortunate that its happened to you twice on consecutive runs.

No consolation to you I know but Ive just succesfully completed both runs at the first attempt.

Like you say this seems to be totally random.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Dinosbacsi

I will also try to do more runs to see if it happens to me, but I didn't have much time to run the Harlem Line as I was busier with the new japanese route for TS.

• Like Like x 1
  16. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Try to save/load the game. As long as you like adventures like mine :)

17. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

breblimator

The runs that got broken, did you reload a save, or by saving did you mean that you just saved the games, but it was still the same run?

In the first case it's normal that everything broke down, in the second case it's not.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  18. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I don't remember exactly :) Now it is working fine - I stay away from saving/loading\etc.

• Like Like x 2
  19. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

It’s always the Save function that going to affect the out On My Way of the run you do because the save game function doesn’t work still. It’s still have problem and this still can’t be fix by the team. I really don’t know why that is so as of right now I willl stay away from using this function in game until they fix it ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  20. breblimator

breblimator Guest

And it is, more than once. Here is for discussion.

21. redrev1917

Yes lets brush it under the carpet into a forum which few venture into and when they do its usually just to report a similar experience.

Whats wrong precisely with discussing problems each of us have in the general forums or are to trying to hide it away DTG?

• Like Like x 4
  22. lovetrains 3628

lovetrains 3628 Active Member

dicussuing it is fine but the problem would be better disscued in techical reports

• Like Like x 1
  23. heliq

heliq Active Member

616 of journey

8 attempts. M7A gets stuck at the point where there are three paths.

NO save/load.

Off/on safety systems.

no luck(
    For him, the signal is green, why does he stop and get stuck?

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      316.7 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 1
  24. redrev1917

Discussing it in a forum which (based on the number of messages of each forum) is 3 times less busy. Like I said hiding it away.
    But hey your forum TSW so your rules. But it stinks of desperation when it appears that you are trying to stiffle debate of your customers

• Like Like x 2
  25. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I ask because the save/resume function has the power to completely and utterly break every timetable ever made. I wouldn't trust it in IoW.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  26. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

The discussion is fine. No need to tell people where they can and can't post. If you aren't sure and suspect something isn't where it belongs report a thread and a staff member will investigate.

• Like Like x 3
  27. redrev1917

I assume from this that Train sim world isnt actually a company account as I earlier assumed? Isnt impersonating an offical account against the rules of the forums as is the case virtually everywhere else? If it isnt then it should be IMO

• Like Like x 3
  28. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

No offense...but you have been a member here for ~8mths and you didn't realise that wasn't a company account ?

• Like Like x 6
  29. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Surely you would know what is a company account and what isn't since you been in the forum for a while right?

• Like Like x 1
  30. breblimator

breblimator Guest

With no-save / no-load it is now about to work fine so peace and love to everybody and have a nice Monday :D

• Like Like x 2
  31. heliq

heliq Active Member

How?
    I just tried to do 616, the train ahead will get stuck in the same place. Nothing changed.

32. breblimator

breblimator Guest

All this could be just a placebo. Now I will pray for your TSW!

33. heliq

heliq Active Member

Here again. Just trying.
    No save/load
    safety systems on 1.jpg 2.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  34. redrev1917

No offense taken and no I didn't. I saw the name Train Sim World and assumed (incorrectly) that forum rules would have prevented users from using official sounding names. I realised of course it wasn't an admin or mod account but just assumed that with it being a Sunday afternoon that the admins were on a well deserved break.

• Like Like x 1
  35. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Some players have less problems by spawning on foot and take over the train, instead of loading directly.

I do this every time, especially on l2b i had almost no problems. This doesnt work if the service itself is corrupted and needs a dtg fix.

• Like Like x 3
  36. heliq

heliq Active Member

1.jpg Another broken route in the journey, in chapter 2.
    Train 618 - Southeast - GCT
    AI train stuck in front, at the same place as in 616!

Matt Help please, too many bugs(

• Like Like x 2
  37. praxidike.meng

praxidike.meng Well-Known Member

I also have these issues. A nice route to be enjoyed, but again hampered by poor QA.

• Like Like x 2
  38. madmatt213

madmatt213 Member

Not that it helps the folks that are having issues, but I have yet to have any stuck AI trains yet on Harlem. That's after playing through two Journey chapters and playing many scenarios with mixed weather during morning and evening rush hour commute times, heading both north and south. I play with safety systems on, and have never loaded from a save, though I have on occasion played with safeties off and intentionally oversped in the hopes that I'd break the dispatcher and find one of these AI bugs, but still no dice. For all but one instance, I've loaded into the game directly into the train from either Journey or Timetable. Only one time have I spawned on foot and taken control of a rush hour train from White Plains yard heading south to GCT. For the record, I plan on Xbox Series X, though I have seen at least one player say that they've experienced bugs while on Xbox (so not just a PC build issue).

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  39. praxidike.meng

praxidike.meng Well-Known Member

Curious indeed. I attempted the third service (train 616 Southeast to GCT) of the first chapter of Journey mode five times now and have gotten stuck in the same spot every time. No saving/loading of the game was involved. Neither spawning on foot.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  40. breblimator

breblimator Guest

One of the trains causing problems is 562 to GCT (last seen by me as AI M7). It was standing just before 125th Street station, blocking my train and any other traffic. I went by foot and took control under that train. The issue is the path - it is impossible to reach the final destination (GCT track 26?) because of the wrong switches configuration.

It looks similar to the Boston Sprinter timetable issues. Some trains are misrouted and cause disruptions to traffic during the hours they are on the tracks.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  41. Dinosbacsi

I was doing one of the journey runs today (don't know the exact number, but GCT to North White Plains in an M3 in the rain). As approaching White Plains, I noticed the ACSES giving me lower and lower speed limits, and would you look at that, an M7 was just standing there at White Plains, bocking my track into the platforms. It was already there a few minutes ago, as I've seen in standing there on the map as well previously.
    [​IMG]

"So it has happened to me too", I tought. Then stopped behind it, I switched to outside cam and went closer to it and check it out. Interestingly, soon in closed it's door and took off from the station, allowing me to pull in and continue on with the service.
    [​IMG]

So all in all it was a happy ending, but I wonder why it parked there at White Plains for several minutes? Might be a similar issue that others here have encounteres as well? Maybe the trains would clear up after sufficient ammount of waiting?

• Like Like x 5
  42. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

I think it might be because it arrives very early and has to "wait until xx:xx"

• Like Like x 1
  43. bdlaplaca

bdlaplaca Member

Adding to this, the Harlem Line timetable in reality shows a letter H next to the arrival time at White Plains on most local services. The H means that the train is stopping to discharge passengers only and that the train can leave up to 5 minutes before the scheduled time. In the game, they most likely just put in the time listed so that’s why the train sits for 3-4 minutes.

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  44. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

I seriously doubt they hold trains up like that even though multiple can occupy one block on Metro-North, but when I completed the scenario I think I was still on time at White Plains despite being stuck behind the M7. I guess it's intentional?

• Like Like x 1
  45. kurtosizm

kurtosizm Well-Known Member

I've just finished service 618 on PC (I'm on Epic), and it worked, achieved 7,035 points. But I did it as a service, not as part of a journey mode. Maybe that's why?

• Like Like x 1
  46. rat7_mobile

rat7_mobile Well-Known Member

I have completed the entire Journey on this trainset, and I did not encountered any issues, except for those created by me not monitoring the speed restriction or forgetting how close I was to a red light .

The only thing left is the achievement for the service level 20, unfortunately can not be completed in the Journey (bad design on the developer part), and then it will be all done with nothing to be done in the trainset

• Like Like x 2
  47. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

Did you try turning all your safety system on, because i crash in to the front of the train when i didn't turn on the safety system, but once i did that help prevent you from arriving too early when there is a train up ahead. Try that:D;)

• Like Like x 2
  48. heliq

heliq Active Member

I do not understand how. I made about 9 attempts. ON safety. off safety.
    Removed all mods.
    Nothing helped!
    m7a in front always gets stuck in the same place.

I've uploaded screenshots already where it happens.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  49. vincentnicholas202

vincentnicholas202 Member

Well DTG need to fixed that route

• Like Like x 2
  50. Dinosbacsi

Thankfully I still havn't encounered any stuck train and blocked path issues like descriped here, but I do notice many piled up AI trains. The good old TSW issue of AI trains not following signal speed restrictions is very obvious on this route, as they keep catching up to each other and driving very close to each other in convoys instead of being more spaced out like they should if they followed the ACSES restrictions.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

DTG should really think about imroving the AI so they follow signal speed limits.

• Like Like x 6