Emergency- /startup - Page In Ingame Ui

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by JonnE, Mar 23, 2022.

1. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

As I was obviously trying to recap last weekends F1 race using a F7 on Clinchfield I managed to actually stall it with the bell going crazy.

Now I wouldn't consider myself a notice driver but nevertheless the startup procedures of the american diesel engines are not really my best piece of knowledge.
    Although I played the tutorials it mostly was once in order to get the achievement for it and since full engine or train startup procedures are not included in timetable mode this is something which can be forgotten quite easily.
    So after many words with little meaning I couldn't get my F7 running again and quit.
    This leads me to the suggestion: for case like these it would be extremely helpful to have an ingame startup guide in the pause menu to have the opportunity to get it working again. With the current design the should be more than enough space for another tab I think.
    It would be a help for both experienced and novice players. I remember a chat with my father-in-law - I'd consider persons like him the advanced target group for TSW2, mostly elderly gamers who are looking for a relaxing gaming experience - who was stunned how I knew the buttons for getting a 377 working and asked me if the game offers some guide for this and I went 'wellll.... yeah. Basically.'

It wouldn't have to be too excessive, basically an adapted repitition of the tutorial text lines would probably do the trick so the effort for an Implementation would be manageable.

2. seandouglas

seandouglas Active Member

A little handbook you can interact with would be quite cool. Surely they'll have shelves/cupboards in the cabs themselves?