Xbox Or Playstation : Who Has It Worse ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Coastway trainspotter, Mar 23, 2022.

1. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Note : I am not blaming or putting dtg down for any of the issues that I am going to bring up in this thread

Hi everyone ,

I was playing TSW a little while ago , when I started thinking : who has it worse on TSW ? I’m sure there will be people who will think PlayStation is better because they are on PlayStation , same for Xbox . There is often bias around this sort of thing . But who really has it worse in train sim world 2 ?

PlayStation :

64GB dlc limit on PS5
    People sometimes lose their dlc randomly and struggle to get it back

Xbox :

Infrequent sales
    Poor audio at times

These are some of the biggest issues with each individual console , let me know if you think of any more

Once again , none of this is to be mean to dtg , brilliant company who provide great games and dlc , but have their flaws like most companies

Thanks

2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I personally think PS5 players have it bad at the moment. Sales are nice and all, but if you can’t play what you’ve bought, or make the most of it because of the DLC limit it’s no fun. Of course, DTG are not to blame for this limit and I don’t blame it at all, but it’s no less frustrating. Hopefully the solution DTG is working on will come out soon.

3. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I own TSW 2 on both consoles, and whilst PS5 definitely has it bad, I literally cannot play on Xbox with the sound issue.

One huge benefit with the Xbox though, is that it is much easier to obtain a refund as opposed to via Sony, so there is that.

Overall both consoles are in a bad place, and I don’t think DTG are honestly doing enough to fix the issue. Having one or two people working on the issues really isn’t enough.

Im not currently putting any money into TSW, across both platforms, so in the end I guess both are as bad as each other.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Don't forget to add in that PS players are restricted trophy wise too which is why DTG took the decision not to include trophies/achievements on loco add-ons and some route DLCs.

Tbh, every platform has its issues with the game (creators club being the biggest to affect all platforms) but PS players have been dealing with issues since the UE update to 4.26 and the firmware update that Sony did at around the same time limiting the DLC numbers you could have installed.

Xbox had similar issues with red light bugs on RH routes but they've had to deal with bad audio since the game released.

I will say that QA seems to be much worse now. Players find bugs almost immediately after a new release and some are really obvious ones that definitely shouldn't have been missed.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I‘ve always been a PlayStation fan, I have all of them 1 to 5. But also got an XBox during the pandemic to play online with my friends.

I’ll say PlayStation has it worse, but it’s completely due to Sony for all the reasons already mentioned. Unfortunately this is the platform I have most of my DLC on, otherwise I would sell the PlayStation and never buy another.

The reason why is their attitude to there customers. Yes XBox don’t have sales, but they do have Gamepass. Microsoft seem to encourage me to play with lots of excellent games available from Day One. Sony on the other hand just seem to impose limits (and don’t get me started on what they’ve done to Gran Turismo). Microsoft will also allow me to transfer my account back to the UK when I eventually move back. PlayStation will force me to create a new account, so I won’t be able to add DLC. Finally when something goes wrong, Microsoft will actually try and help (and eventually a real person will call you). Sony will send you the same automatic response until you give up.

So it’s XBox for me from now on Game Pass also let’s me play a lot of games on my PC as well and I recently discovered Cloud Gaming so I can play while I’m away from home.

So I’ll accept the sound issues and hope they get fixed and I‘ll wait patiently for a sale to get some more DLC.

To get back to who has it worst with TSW, I’ll call it a draw. Both have serious faults compared to the PC version which is annoying and I get as frustrated as anyone with the speed of the fixes.

So I’m an Xbox fan now. But both consoles are fantastic. I’m fortunate to be able to have them. Switch is the best of course, but sadly no TSW ;-)

Last edited: Mar 23, 2022
  6. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

I've been an Xbox Fan since 2009.
    Advantages
    Xbox Game Pass gives you games to play
    Free to play games don't need Xbox live subscription since April 21 2021
    Some Microsoft owned games are crossplay enabled examples are Halo Reach MCC version Minecraft Gears of War
    If you have an Xbox Series X you can use existing Xbox One accessories and Disks Xbox 360 and original Xbox Disks work. For TSW 2 I use an Xbox One Controller
    Disadvantages
    Non-free to play games require Xbox live gold
    Gamepass has a subscription
    TSW 2 Infrequent sales