Resume From Last Checkpoint

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mattty May, Mar 23, 2022.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Why isn’t this a thing for consoles but it is for PC?

2. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Because its probably easier to implement for PC to be honest than it is for console.

3. mattchester#9176

mattchester#9176 Well-Known Member

Pretty sure I saw Matt say in a steam that this was removed on console as it froze every time it saved. Would be interesting to see if it could be switched back on for Gen 9 given the better hardware.

Might not be possible without introducing stutter though, in which case it will need optimising. It sounded like there was some desire (and headroom) to do this but it may never reach the top of the to to list.

Either way, would love to see this on console. It might not save you all the time due to the save game issues but should help with a last minute SPAD at the end of a 2 hour drive!

• Like Like x 1
  4. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

Yeah, this is correct. I was the one who asked Matt about it on stream because I was curious. The feature is a lifesaver on PC, especially those times where you might be a little tired and accidentally spad at the end of the service… which I’ve never done of course! ;)

It hurts having to start over on a PS5 service when I know I can resume for a checkpoint on PC. Hopefully DTG can at least get Gen9 use this function in future.

• Like Like x 2
  5. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

OMG! This option was removed and left to never to be looked at again? This should be high on the list of fixes.

6. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

DTG Matt, sorry to necrobump but are you able to provide an update on if the resume from last checkpoint is returning now the save game is working.

I've seen it mentioned a few times since and I'm also personally hating the game punishing me for slurping tea rather than focusing on reds:D

• Like Like x 1
  7. nepclassof84

nepclassof84 Well-Known Member

Just save your game and make your own checkpoint

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ant Craft

Ant Craft Well-Known Member

Yes, I really hope this can come back to TSW at some point soon, now that save game is in a much better position than it was before. Cause while manual saves are great to have...

this is far from ideal. Most of us don't want to have to keep going into the menu to save every so often, and even when we do, a lot of the time, we end up forgetting to save... until it's too late, you've messed up and now have no option to go back because you forgot.

So I really want to see this come back to TSW, and preferably soon too, but I understand these things usually take time.

9. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

This feature disappeared with save game.

When we asked about it a few weeks ago, JD said it was being discussed but no timeframe at this point.

10. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Yeah I recall Matt or JD saying it was being looked at too