Tōhoku Line Out Now Question.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by trainsimplayer2020, Mar 20, 2022.

1. trainsimplayer2020

trainsimplayer2020 Well-Known Member

I love the Japanese routes here on TS but is this route worth the price?

I am not so interested to play the highspeed line.

I prefer the Japanese rural routes.

How many career scenarios are rural and how many are highspeed?

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

So if you bother to look at the page on Steam
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1869392/Train_Simulator_Thoku_High_Speed__Main_Line_Route_AddOn/
    There is a list of Scenarios - 11 in total
    And they have a prefix showing the type of train used in the scenario

• 01. [E5] Let's go! Touhoku
    • 02. [701] Dawn of Spring
    • 03. [701] The Sound of Spring rain
    • 04. [E5] Summer Vibe
    • 05. [701] Morining breeze of a Middle summer day
    • 06. [E5] All The Way North
    • 07. [701] One raining Autumn afternoon
    • 08. [E5] Speed of 'Hayabusa'
    • 09. [E5] Latecomer in the snowy night Part1
    • 10. [701] Latecomer in the snowy night Part2
    • 11. [E5] Hymnal of White Winter Night

3. trainsimplayer2020

Too lazy to look on Steam so better put the question here.

And what about the other question about the price?
    I think it is too much.

4. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Apparently, more work is being done on the route. But with a full line represented and completely unsceneried and unusable, I question whether this is the best way to release it. There are also a lot of missing portals at track ends, so running a train down a track will force a stop before it hits a buffer it can't go through.

5. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

That says a lot

• Like Like x 1
  6. trainsimplayer2020

Says what?

7. Cyclone

I think this falls under the "never mind" reply.

8. trainsimplayer2020

No.

I want a clear answer what he mean!

9. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

I don't quite understand it either. They release it and plan to update it later? Though it's not the first time they have done that. Wakayama Line also launched with the 105 series being AI only and they made it driveable with an update later on.

The article also says they plan to work on more routes and rolling stock. Wonder what their next project will be? Personally I would like to see some extra rolling stock for the exsisting routes. Maybe a 201 series for Wakayama? That would be cool

10. Cyclone

If they come up with rolling stock for routes, it gives some Workshop usability to the routes for sure.

11. hayward.john48

hayward.john48 Well-Known Member

I suggest that if you are “too lazy to look on Steam” you are too lazy to help yourself, so why should we help?

12. BritishRail60062

BritishRail60062 Active Member

I have this on my watch list so I will get my copy in the steam sale in the future as I cannot justify paying the price for one high speed train that will likely get two to three airings on my let's plays. At the moment I am more into the American stuff but its something I will cover later.

13. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

In plain English you are Lazy and you expect other people to do the work for you
    The information you wanted was on the Steam page you would have had to visit for more information
    You said it yourself "Too lazy to look on Steam" in post#3

14. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

I still think the E6 is a high candidate for being made, why is part of the route it runs on worked on if they don't include it in the future?

Also hope at some point they do JRF stuff too. Even though there isn't really much for it to do (There is one Freight yard on Tohoku and another on one of the other routes.

15. Dinosbacsi

Yeah, I would love an EF64 or EF66 with some freight action. Maybe even a DD51 or some other shunter?

As for more Shinkansens, personally I wouldn't care much, unless it would be the 0 series.

16. trainsimplayer2020

I do not have the time to search and to read manuals the whole time.

I just want to play the game and know if it is worth buying or not as I am not interested in the highspeed train and this DLC.

I just wanted to know how many scenarios the Mainline had!

I asked a simple question so why does it have to be a lot of extra comments and not just answer the question.

Like how many eggs are there a box for 6 eggs.
    And the answer is 6.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2022
  17. Cyclone

Usually the Steam page for a route shows the included scenarios. That is typically where you would look. I would look at this before buying a route or during download.

18. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

You did not have to read the Manual before you purchase the train
    The information about the number and type of scenarios is on the Same Page you find information about the route.

If you had bothered to look at the page you would have found out the answer within minutes and quicker than it took to ask the question.
    Instead of waiting for somebody else to look for you.

And if I look inside the box for 6 eggs in my house I find 4 as two have been used.

19. vogelm10

vogelm10 Well-Known Member

Wow the salt levels on this forum are really hilarious!

Never buy any of these routes at full price. Wait for them to go on sale for 40 to 70% off of the og price. I picked this one up full price and honestly it isn't as fun as some of my other routes. If you have Japanese content already and could run freight trains that may make it more fun but the line has issues....mainly signals not properly showing up and annoying little things like that. Wait a bit and pick it up on sale!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2022
  20. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

Looks like the next project may be more commuter. UW have shared early renders of a Tokyo area commuter EMU - not sure on the exact flavour as the bodyshells are pretty much the same across the various units (Platform Edge doors at many stations mean standard layout)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  21. Dinosbacsi

Yeah, pretty exciting. Guesses say it seems to be an E233, which wouldn't fit any of the exsisting routes, so I wonder what route it will be.

Which lines run bi-level E233 cars?

22. animatiker

animatiker Active Member

The Tokaido/Utsunomiya/Takasaki Lines (combined as Ueno-Tokyo Line or Shonan-Shinjuku Line depending on the route they take through Tokyo) use the -3000 subseries with bi-level Green Cars.
    Recently also the -0 subseries for the Chuo Line ist equipped with bi-level Green cars, but since those won't start commercial service before 2023, I guess it's one of the former.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. Dinosbacsi

Hmm. I think that might be a good guess (whichever section of the line it is).

24. fabdiva

The 3000 version sounds very meaty too

25. animatiker

animatiker Active Member

Yeah, they have a great sound, especially when running with 120 km/h on longer stretches. You wouldn't hear much of it in the cab though, since the cab cars on both sides are trailer and not motor cars, like almost every recent JR East EMU with more than just 2 or 3 cars....

26. Dinosbacsi

Good news! The route got a patch today that fixed the second scenario. The train is a proper 4-car train now, the scenario can be completed now and there is even a Shinkansen whoosing past you at some point, which wasn't there before.

Quick Drive also works now, both for the main line and the Shinkansen line. There is even a 6 car option for the 701 series, which I think is really nice!
    [​IMG]

The controls also got changed a bit, pressing Q to acknowledge the alerter seems to be faster now (previously you had to hold it for like a full second to fully press the button), and I think the throttle is a bit faster now, which is a good change.

27. Cyclone

Excellent information. I knew they were going to have to patch that (it was just needed), but didn't look into it further myself. Did they add the fifth checkpoint and make it worth 1,000 as well?

28. Dinosbacsi

I didn't count, but I think it should be 1000 points, yeah. I didn't get gold as I was 18 seconds late on the last station, also run 48 km/h in the 45 limit for a while, so got some point deductions. But if ran clean, I think it would've been 1000 points.

By the way, does anyone know whether the instrument lights can be turnt on or not? As in dark scenarios I can't see them, but using the cab light is a big FPS hit. But I don't find any switches for the instrument lights in the cab, and pressing I doesn't seem to be working either.

29. Cyclone

I do not see one listed for either train. So it looks like they forgot about it. You can always contact them and see if they can consider adding it in a future update. I mean, there is a segment of route for the 701 that is not completed, and sooner or later it will need to be filled in to avoid being a useless patch of line n the northwest. (Or they can leave it a useless patch of line...)

For now, the HUD works.

30. fabdiva

The line to the North West does see 701s, but not this version. The North west line is actually standard gauge and is used by the Akita Shinkansen

[​IMG]

The line is served by a Standard Gauge version of the 701 and the E6 Shinkansen - the E6 is built to standard Japanese loading gauge with shorter narrower cars for running over upgraded rather than new build lines - the E5 does not fit...

31. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

The E6 would still be an interesting thing to add for the uncompleted part of the route.

32. Cyclone

I just want to see it completed. My guess is it will be an extra paid DLC adding the scenery and another train, making it a complete DLC. I mean, NWC and SWC did that (I think a Ghost livery for the 175 was new with the SWC to Swansea, and something else in the Virgin one?), and others may as well. It's not a common model as developers tend to move to the next area, but sometimes something is just too big or takes too much time...

33. Dinosbacsi

Kind of weird if they forgot about it. Usually their rolling stock has instrument lighty. I remember the 103, 105 and the KiHa40 having them at least. Probably the other KiHa from Hidaka line as well. Sure the HUD is there, but I prefer HUDless where possible, as it adds to my immersion to actually check the speed on the physical in-cab instruments. And this is a nice route to drive HUDless with the speed limit being 100 km/h all the way.

As for the Akite Shinkansen section, I hope it will come at some point. I suppose the rolling stock could be made with minimal modifications.

34. fabdiva

The E6 is an entirely different train - while it was designed in conjunction with the E5 it has a different narrow bodyshell and 20m cars instead of 26m

The standard gauge 701 just has different bogies

35. Dinosbacsi

Yesterday I tried to do a quick drive with the 701 series and the mountains are once again blue, even though I'm using the 32 bit version. The normal scenarios are fine, but quick drive seem to be like this regardless of weather or season.
    [​IMG]

36. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Does that mean the Quick drive did not work?

37. Dinosbacsi

The quick drive function works now, but the distant terrain is blue, so I exited.

• Helpful Helpful x 1