New Passenger Functionality.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ben#4827, Mar 24, 2022.

1. ben#4827

ben#4827 Well-Known Member

In this I am suggesting some new functionality that passenger's could been seen doing to making them seem more realistic.
    1. Trainspotters. I know they have been seen with the expansion pack on the core routes but kit would be nice if they could spawn at random stations at random times of the day.

2. Passengers running to try and board the train when close to departure time

3. Passengers will stop and look at the pis boards to make sure there trains coming.

4. Passengers actually boarding at terminusses. Passengers get of at the terminus but I never see people coming onto the platform and getting on the train.

5. Seen Passengers using ticket machines and walking in and out of the stations

• Like Like x 3
  2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

A lot of these could be done using the diorama functionality, but DTG put it in for the rush hour routes and haven't really mentioned it since.
    Only one I would query would be people running on platforms.
    Given the safety concious nature of railways I'm not sure the license holders would want this. People should never run next to the railway

3. ben#4827

ben#4827 Well-Known Member

I understand these rules but it would makebit seem more realistic like at victoria for example you always see people running to catch the train

4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

What happens in real life and what the people licensing DTG will want to be seen in game are likely to be two different things.
    People waiting for or walking towards a train in a terminus is one thing. People running on platforms another.
    Of course DTG would need to make sure people aren't running towards a train which will become ECS on termination