S-bahn Zentralschweiz: Luzern - Sursee

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG JD, Mar 24, 2022.

1. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Rivet Games’ S-Bahn Zentralschweiz: Luzern - Sursee is out now for Train Sim World 2, featuring the SBB RABe 523 EMU!

Find out more about it here.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  2. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Feedback on the route looks quite good so far. People are especially praising the atmosphere and scenery, as expected. Will watch today’s stream with interest and then decide whether to buy or wait for a sale in the coming days. Lots of tempting route discounts now…

• Like Like x 4
  3. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

Still no Achievements on Xbox Series X over 8 hours later, have spent all afternoon trying every trick in the book to get them to show up.

4. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Just to check ; you’ve turned it off and back on again ?
    ‘The most obvious solution is often the last one’

5. gogglesguy

gogglesguy Well-Known Member

+1 for adjustable seat height.

• Like Like x 3
  6. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

They should be filtering through imminently. Please let us know if they're not around in a couple of hours.

7. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

Cheers JD, will do!

I'll be in the stream shortly, then it's the final of The Apprentice tonight, so hopefully they'll be there after that!

8. breblimator

breblimator Guest

How to recover from an emergency application? :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

First Impressions are good - The first time I've bought a route that contains a station that I know really well. It was a little strange driving a train into Luzern after arriving so many times as a passenger. The area in and around the station is done really well - The shops and big PIS Boards are missing so I couldn't go and get a virtual Brezel-König before I drove the train, but the architecture is spot on - very recognisable and the Loco Shed is excellent. The rest of the line the scenary is also very good. Some of the far distant mountains could be better, but it's really not too distracting you really get a sense of the real route. The train is really nice to drive.

Aside from the points that have already been mentioned in other posts, the only complaint is that I'm getting more stutters than usual - Frame rate is occasionally dropping to 45 and then there will be a stutter. I'll have a play with the settings later, but pretty much every other route is running a constant 60 fps on Ultra (no mods, no engine.ini), so not sure why I should have to.

I'm looking forward to getting more km's in over the weekend and learning the safety systems, it's really nice to have a local route. Certainly from a Scenary and Train Model point of view, Rivet seem to have done a pretty good job. Certainly much better than Arosa.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Mischief

Mischief Member

I'd like to know as well

• Like Like x 1
  11. breblimator

breblimator Guest

ETCS is fun but I don't think it is a 100% proper implementation | the scenery is ultra good and it feels like Hamburg-Lübeck'ish realistic <3 | sounds are good but not fully prototypical as some good fellow Natives said here and there | there is a manual but still, I don't know how to recover from emergency brake application | Rivet's YouTube channel is fulfilled with tutorial videos what is nice | the route feels different enough to be a good buy, for this reason | I love Riesa-Dresden but Boston-Sprinter is so atmospheric - here we go again with atmospheric but the route is shorter what is not so bad after a hard day at work | overall - good | memento technical aspects - Skyhook DB BR 187... DTG Harlem Line with some timetable impossibilities & now this... yeah | but! this is fresh and this feels good | fun factor is high so I can feel "Train to the game" | sim factor is meh meh but very immersive | mission accomplished | GJ Rivet | HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

EDIT
    (s) And yeah, the front window is heavily tinted so you can turn your monitor off with no shame during night rides cause you can't see anything at all | this is more about TSW in general so just forget about it | but Riesa-Dresden lighting here would be so good! | fps are decent but sometimes chimeric | if you are deep under the braking curve, the braking curve become pure fantasy

The Question: where are all the cameras | internal | leaning out the window | etc.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  12. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

It looks good but can anyone say how long the route is? According to Thetrainline.com, it’s only 13 miles and takes 21 minutes or less to travel. Surely that can’t be right?

13. Mischief

Mischief Member

I figured out how to recover from an emergency brake! Set the combined power and brake throttle to zero, and then apply the train brake to emergency. Now release the train brake.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  14. breblimator

breblimator Guest

yep, it is a half-hour trip - a good one

• Like Like x 1
  15. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Jasper mentioned lots of walkable areas during the stream. It looks like you’re able to access more than just the tracks and platforms at many stations. Has anyone checked that out yet?

16. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Impressive Scenery but does the route glitch like a typical Rivet Games route examples are IOW Arosa and West Cornwall Local or not? For the destination sign, it should be S1 Baar towards Luzern from Baar S1 Sursee is correct. At the end of S1 Baar Sursee trips, these should be operated by the AI as S29 Turgi inbound at Sursee S29 Sursee then automatically switch as S1 Baar or player-controlled S1 Baar using the PIS panel. Got that from the VVL Website written in Swiss German.

17. Mr heff

Mr heff Well-Known Member

I'm enjoying this route so far.

18. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

Set the train brake to Full Service and leave it for around 10 seconds, then release the TB, it should release then

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. uvm0902

uvm0902 Well-Known Member

Again!!! Rivet why?
    Where is the view from the cabin window? You did not provide for it in BR 150/2 and now it is not in RABe 523! Why is it not? Are there any difficulties with its implementation? After all, this is a general requirement for all loco, but you stubbornly ignore it! When will this be fixed? The absence of this species kills immersion.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

Yes it is sad. I only drive with the window view of the locomotive, because the sounds and the lighting are better.
    Is the manual, where is it?

• Like Like x 1
  21. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

22. Jeannot41

23. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Honestly, my favourite thing about this route is the fake IKEA, this is the sort of scenery that lifts a route.

Overall I have to say this is a very strong release from Rivet.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I was thoroughly primed to buy both Harlem and Lucerne a couple of weeks ago. Now I'm glad I decided to wait for a sale on these routes.

The deficiencies of Harlem have been well documented so I won't repeat them here.

What I'm hearing about the Swiss route ( poor headlights, pointless windshield tinting, terrible night lighting and broken safety system ) is very disappointing.

If these issues are addressed promptly, I'll bite. If not, a sale is in my future.....or not.

My days of day one purchasing are over, I guess. :(

Last edited: Mar 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  25. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

Why is there an update at 22:12pm bst?

26. Coastway trainspotter

Probably small bug fixes

27. Coastway trainspotter

Not seen that yet - please could you get a screenshot ? As I won’t be able to play for a few days

28. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

Absolutely

Attached Files:

29. Coastway trainspotter

My bad , I should’ve been more clear . I meant a picture of the fake ikea

30. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Think its performance issues if your talking about the RHB and the 523 mirrors since if i remember correctly back in TSW1 the SPG gp38-2 and the sd40-2 had mirrors that worked

31. stimp#5938

stimp#5938 Well-Known Member

Heheh and if they don’t expect in the next year or so…

32. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

A2AECBF4-A318-4A60-85C7-19DB084672D8.jpeg D2B45529-ACBE-4CC1-B597-5C4C59800203.jpeg DFEA5E9B-DF95-426F-8860-02806EBDA4B6.jpeg

• Like Like x 10
  33. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Theres also an advert for an "IDEAL" wooden stool for 32.99 euros on the train as well.

Hentis

34. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

I like this route, I would like to adjust the tint of the windows or how much sunlight comes thru. The route looks very gloomy from inside the cab which is a shame as the scenery is so colourful

• Like Like x 2
  35. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Window tint will be further reduced in an update, confirmed by Rivet Games.

• Like Like x 2
  36. Jeannot41

And the outside view, from the cabin?

• Like Like x 2
  37. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

"Removed Livery Designer functionality for the SBB RABe 532. Due to licensing requirements, it has been removed."

The later removal of functions should actually lead to a compensation of the buyers, right?

• Like Like x 3
  38. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

Okay this is just ridiculous. I can understand that it gets removed from Creators Club like the ICEs, but I can't even locally create a livery for it? I no longer see it in the livery editor, and that is absolutely not okay, and certainly a reason for compensation - this is a core feature removed from this route after it has been released, that is not acceptable!

• Like Like x 2
  39. adamcjay

adamcjay New Member

And all the hours put into creating liveries for it are all for naught as you can't access them anymore. That doesn't seem right...

• Like Like x 2
  40. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

Please give us back the livery editor function, was it not possible to only remove it from Creator`s Club? I spent so much time on them, I literally created the train that runs on my local line which I was hoping to see in TSW for so long. And now it is gone!
    Please re-add the livery editor for private use or something...

• Like Like x 3
  41. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Oh what a nice surprise coming back from work seeing the RABe 523 removed from the livery editor :)

42. antwerpcentral

Thank you for making the windows brighter. I like this route! Big thumbs up!

43. Jeannot41

We will never have the driving with the exterior views at Rivet.
    Too bad, I wouldn't buy their lines anymore.:(

44. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

I would recommend this route instead of all of their old routes

• Like Like x 1
  45. antwerpcentral

A little word of criticism. The HUD is a mess. I have a lot of times the feeling somethings wrong or I am doing something wrong but it's the HUD that gives wrong information. One time I was wondering why the brakes were not active whilst the doors were opened or the "unlock doors" remained visible instead of "Loading passengers" whilst the doors were opened. Luckily if you know and ignore it it doesn't impact gameplay

Last edited: Apr 2, 2022
  46. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

This picture was just posted by Rivet on Twitter, and it’s very interesting in my opinion:
    upload_2022-4-3_19-47-37.png
    Firstly, the train seems to be on a portion of the route not accessible to the player, namely the bridge which branches off the mainline and goes over the river near the outskirts of Luzern. This means the train is very likely an AI service and brings me to my second point: The destination display works and displays an off-world destination! Both of these features (AI destination displays and off-world destinations) are currently not present on Luzern-Sursee. Could this be an early look at a future update to the route?

Last edited: Apr 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  47. Jeannot41

Or a photo montage.

48. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

Hopefully more AI and good working AI with lights FIS etc. There is Ai that goes on that bridge but the FIS did not worked, so might be fixed now (not released yet or already released not sure)

49. shimarin

shimarin Active Member

TimTri I'm pretty sure that's the 'SBB-Brücke Fluhmühle' railway bridge over the river Reuss towards Ebikon station. This is where the 'Slippery Season' scenario starts, so it is accessible to the players. You can also select 'S9 Lenzburg' on the passenger information terminal. (You can cycle to it with the Numpad Next/Numpad Previous buttons, or enter 215 and hit the Numpad Enter button)

53114AB9-F869-4CF7-8A32-BC534BABBBC2.png
    3654BB47-4AF9-41BD-BAB0-0C5996391148.png

Last edited: Apr 4, 2022
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  50. SLBM

SLBM Active Member

Yesterday I noticed an AI train on that bridge, but not in the timetable mode, it was in a scenario, and that train was coming into Luzern in such a way, that it blocked me for a moment.