Broken Achievements / Trophies

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by coasterflo, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Starkiller

Starkiller Well-Known Member

its sad to see more content but No fixes for the old stuff
    yes some red lights got patched but the achievements which are unobtainable since day one and collectibles dont get any patch ! :(

• Like Like x 9
  2. coasterflo

coasterflo Well-Known Member

The really sad thing is that there are increasingly more Achievements, I have already stopped buying DLCs again, currently I am missing the three latest. I will only buy again when something changes.
    Since an Achievement does not go is yes the one thing, you have to fix it halt. but I wonder how it can be that one also immediately 2 routes pass too few collectibles distributed and these over 5 months (example London Commuter) not fixt.

Part of the quality control would have to be that someone collects once all 100 collectibles ? How can 2 be missing from "London Commuter" and 3 from "Sherman Wrangler"?

After the 6 months where the problem exists, which will be the case at the beginning of February, there is also the possibility to file a complaint at least with Microsoft, because both the developer rules and the Gamepass rules are violated.

Until then, please write tickets to the support, maybe you just have to make DTG aware that you also have to fix problems. With the sale of a product you enter into an obligation.

• Like Like x 7
  3. hamilton

hamilton Active Member

For me this is a clear no go, it was with Cement Circle in TSW 2020 and it is again now.

DTG doesn't seem to learn from their mistakes. Scoreboards are improved or the speed at which doors open and close, but the improvement of collectibles, scenarios or achievements that are not only a visual, but an actual goal of the game are not improved when something does not work? :(

• Like Like x 6
  4. Starkiller

why no one gonna help or msg us here and speak with us about the missables and achievements , would be nice if there comes something from DTG

• Like Like x 3
  5. stimp#5938

stimp#5938 Well-Known Member

I guess there’s no money in fixing things. And because of that I stopped both playing this game and buying more content. This lack of effort is just disrespectful to players. How can it be policy to churn out more dlc but no fixes?! If DTG were really proud of their product all their staff would be working on fixes instead if everything else. :mad:

• Like Like x 6
  6. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

I mean, I just finished Watch Dogs Legion, a game with over an hour of credits including multiple QA studios, and which they just announced would be getting no more updates. I still only have one story achievement from the main campaign, for the very first mission. And that's published by one of the biggest monolithic corporations in the business.

• Like Like x 6
  7. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

DTG don’t Care about this issue since release, same with broken Collectables on London

• Like Like x 5
  8. stormvoik

stormvoik New Member

Is the BR143 trophy a new level of knowledge?

OSD: Master class
    I can't unlock this either because it doesn't recognize that I'm switching to the first-person perspective.

• Like Like x 5
  9. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

The 143 trophy is since Dresden Riesa broken and the 187 one also since Release

• Like Like x 5
  10. shimarin

shimarin Active Member

Did anyone managed to unlock any RT/BR182 releated achievements recently?

None will unlock on my main in-game profile, it looks like that I can unlock base RT achievements with a brand new in-game profile. I cannot unlock any Taurus related achievements; I created 3 new profiles, uninstalled every other DLC, uninstalled and reinstalled the game, played the game on xCloud… nothing…

The 'BR182: Training Day' achievement unlocked in TSW2020, but 'BR182: Sprint 182' seems to broken on that game, too

EDIT: it looks like this issue is tied to your save file; after I deleted my local save files (My Games & Apps -> Manage -> Storage devices -> Clear local saved games), and started the game in offline mode (so the save file won't sync from the cloud), the achievements are working

Last edited: Feb 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  11. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

DTG is a joke to not reply

• Like Like x 4
  12. stormvoik

stormvoik New Member

I think I found the next trophy that can no longer be reached. So just ask the question. Can either of you complete the Fast Lane scenario in the DLC (London Commuters)? This doesn't seem to be working for me anymore.

• Like Like x 3
  13. shimarin

shimarin Active Member

• Like Like x 3
  14. stormvoik

stormvoik New Member

I play on the PS4. On the PS5, as far as I know, the problem does not exist with the BR 143 either. Do you happen to have the game on the XBox One, which should be at the same level as the PS4. I'll post a screenshot later. Would be nice if you could tell me if it looks the same for you.

Info / Edit:

I am told that I should stop at 10:41 and then start moving at 10:42 but I should then board passengers again. I saw on Youtube that I have to drive to more than just 2-3 stations, but actually all to London

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  15. shimarin

shimarin Active Member

stormvoik Sorry I don't have a (working) Xbox One.

This is how the schedule looks like on the XSX:

08eaa096-c0f5-457c-a340-3847cc3297b8.png 5d897c92-cba5-41b1-af77-e30abc24083f.png 3ce9211c-9d98-4921-aa79-813acc48b5af.png

• Like Like x 3
  16. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

sherman wrangler

cant be completed due to collectibles being stuck behind invisible walls

• Like Like x 3
  17. Starkiller

Hello DTG Team , is someone here and would help us to get a patch for all achievements/trophys ?

• Like Like x 3
  18. hamilton

hamilton Active Member

Yes now seriously please DTG, several Achievements are not achievable, collectibles are missing and you bring a new track every week in the coming weeks?

When will you please fix the problems. At the support you also get no real answer, slowly that annoys you already ...

• Like Like x 5
  19. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

Not sure about the rest, but I did complete NEC-BP "Wicked Busy." It was actually a while ago; didn't see this thread until today. So maybe that one got fixed? Series S

• Like Like x 4
  20. Starkiller

at the moment there are 4 unobtainables
    the new BR 143 for riding 143km
    sherman Hill and London route tasks cant be completed and
    Scenario from BR187 doesnt give the achievement after finshed it .

its sad that we can msg the support every time but nothing happens , they should really patch thoes and dont bring more achievements , because they dont really care about them

• Like Like x 6
  21. LeXXuz

LeXXuz Member

Please dtg look into these achievement issues. There are way more players out there who care about their achievements than you might think. :(

• Like Like x 7
  22. Willowrpe

Willowrpe Well-Known Member

I used to work in a QA department years ago for another company. Something like collect all 100 collectables SHOULD have been tested and in my eyes that should have failed the dlc just on that, clearly they are not testing certain parts of the dlc, my advice to DTG dont bother with collectables if you can't be bothered to test them as I assume you would tell the QA team where they all are say all 100 to speed up QA

• Like Like x 5
  23. coasterflo

Let's summarize again, currently - even after various patches for the game and some of the tracks, the following Achievements / Trophies still do not work.

DRA: Dresden Commuter

G20 - Operate the DB 143 for 143 kilometres
    • Achievement probably not coupled with the locomotive, because the locomotive was exchanged / swapped. Tracker does not react no matter with which BR 143 one drives the
      kilometer. Therefore it does not work.
    • I ran the following tests on an Xbox One S, Xbox One X and Xbox Series X.
      1. Ingame main profile had already before the DLC more than 143 kilometers, but no Achievement.
      2. New ingame profile and again 143 kilometers with the DB BR 143, but no Achievement.
      3. I also tried this with all versions of the 143, also after the latest Update.
    • I tested this on an Xbox One S, Xbox Series S, and an Xbox Series X. Always with the same result.
    BR 187: A Long First Trip
    G5 - Complete the DB BR 187 scenario 'From Aachen to Ehrenfeld'
    • Achievement is not unlocking after completing the Scenario.
    • I tested this on an Xbox One S, Xbox Series S, and an Xbox Series X. Always with the same result.
    LBN: Gull Up
    G10 - Complete all route tasks on London Commuter
    • Not enough collectibles on the route, there are only 98 instead of 100.
    • However, the Achievement itself probably works, it just can't be unlocked because of the missing collectibles.
    • Either patch the two collectibles or rewrite the Achievement from 100 to 98.
    • The last patch did not change this either
    SMH: Sherman Wrangler
    G10 - Complete all route tasks on Sherman Hill
    • Not enough collectibles on the route, there are only 96 instead of 100.
    • However, the Achievement itself probably works, it just can't be unlocked because of the missing collectibles.
    • Either patch the two collectibles or rewrite the Achievement from 100 to 96.
    • The last patch did not change this either
    DTG Protagonist

It would be really nice to know how exactly to proceed as a person affected by this problem.

We often write for each Achievement a separate ticket to the support, get a standard response and then the ticket is closed after 2 weeks "because there is no change" again. Well, I as a customer can hardly bring about a change. But since things were often fixed on these routes, but basics such as collectibles are still not processed over 6 months, I'm a little confused as a customer can still make his contribution to solving the problem.

• Like Like x 7
  24. LeXXuz

LeXXuz Member

That IS very sad actually. Makes you feel you're kinda unimportant. And I hate Microsoft for not forcing a stricter policy upon devs and publishers regarding the achievement system. It's obvious that we as customers have little to no influence on devs like Dovetail who implement achievements - because they have to - but give those a very low priority. From my sad experience with TSW 2020 and now TSW2 it's clear that they don't 'waste' any more resources on achievements than they have to.

Well as much as I like your games Dovetail, achievements are very important to me. And as long as there is no change in the way you handle and care for achievements (we're not even getting replies that show at least a little bit of dedication, c'mon!), I'll vote with my wallet.
    I will not buy any more games or DLC until there is clearly more priority given to the achievement system.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  25. Ross NCC1701

Ross NCC1701 Member

I submitted another ticket regarding the achievements, and asked whether we could expect them to be repaired at all. In a reply they asked for the achievements that were not working. I replied stating the 4 known ones again. The second reply stated that they were aware of the issues with these 4 achievements, that they were scheduled for being investigated, and that they WOULD be repairing them. However, no time frame was given and my ticket was closed.

Now I am myself also having issues with the Mastery for the Harlem line. I cannot complete Tier 2 because it will not track the mileage for the M7A MTA no matter what I do or where I do it. I have, of course, tried the usual log off and on, system reboot, etc., etc. Anyone else have the problem? Anyone completed Tier 2? I will submit another ticket when I know more.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  26. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

I did have the same problem with the mastery. Sometimes, my total distance actually went down! I did finally achieve this, though. The trick I used was to frequently save, then look at the mastery section and see if the distance was increasing. If it was, I would go back into the save, drive a little while longer, and do it all over again. Pretty crazy, but it did eventually work. This was actually one of the best awards too, very well done, so worth it. Unlike, say, the several "markets."

I think mastery actually refers to, have you mastered using workarounds and tricks to make TSW work properly?

• Like Like x 4
  27. LeXXuz

LeXXuz Member

Mastery is a broken mess I stopped caring about. Quite sad, as it was always an incentive to go back and play some tracks again...

• Like Like x 5
  28. coasterflo

I will also submit my tickets to support again and also submit to Microsoft for breaking the developer and gamepass rules. The mandatory waiting period has passed and it is strange that the latest update again fixes all 3 incorrect routes, this details on locomotives and environment are fixed but collectibles or the like remain unthought of.

• Like Like x 6
  29. bigboy87

bigboy87 Active Member

Can only agree, yesterday after the update list thought that at least 3 of the 5 pieces would have been fixed. But no, various things were fixed but not game elements that are advertised in the intro of the route. :(

• Like Like x 5
  30. stimp#5938

How do you rapport to Microsoft about this? I’ll do that too. Waiting for five months now to get a fix on something that shouldn’t be to difficult.

• Like Like x 5
  31. coasterflo

Of course you have the possibility to complain to the support as a customer, depending on the case (and especially the country) you can get refunds for the content. Either way, it helps to have it noted there.

With TSW, support usually doesn't make a fuss about it, DTG is known for problems.

The submission of the developer violation goes through other ways, back then with TSW 2020 and Cement Circle we were already close to this step, I myself must now talk again with customer support how to make the request.

Apparently (at least if you believe the TA forum) it seems like they have now broken again at least one more Achievement also Pensulia Corridor.

Personally, I think it's a shame that you have to / should go through Microsoft here. It would be much nicer if DTG simply expresses itself and mediates.

Therefore, perhaps again to the requests to DTG Protagonist to help us here how we should rantreten to the support or DTG itself. I think it is in no interest for anyone that we write 100 tickets, for each Achievement an own as 5 per person or run to Xbox or Sony.

This only costs the time of the supports and the patience of us customers. And as mentioned many times before, Achievement Hunter are loyal customers, currently I have all DLCs for TSW 2020 and TSW 2, except the ones that came after the London Commuter and the first broken Achievement, for those alone I would have to invest another 135€, which I like to do as soon as I know I can get all Achievements.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  32. DBklaus

DBklaus Active Member

So I see it similarly, so far a solution has always been found with DTG, but it would be nice if something costs. I write tickets for months because of the Achievements and it does not seem as if the support even perceives that there is this problem.

Also why details on locomotives are fixed, but game objects like collectibles are not, I do not understand.

It would be really nice to hear something here how it continues with the Achievements. All in all, every developer can screw up an achievement, as long as he fixes it afterwards. :)

• Like Like x 6
  33. LeXXuz

LeXXuz Member

Don't want to shatter your hopes, but I fear TSW2 will have the same fate as TSW2020. Some if not all of the achievement problems will never be fixed and eventually they will drop support for TSW2 completely in favour for a successor like TSW3 or whatever its name will be.

• Like Like x 4
  34. coasterflo

I have the same concerns as you, but that gives me hope. At the time, the argument was that TSW 2 was already on the market, TSW 3 is currently not in sight, so it is therefore now to draw attention to the problem.

• Like Like x 3
  35. stimp#5938

Done. Reported to Microsoft as well and I suggest everyone does the same.

• Like Like x 5
  36. Willowrpe

Willowrpe Well-Known Member

I still believe we are now at a stage where the bugs are simply out of control and they can't manage to fix anything without breaking something else. I agree with what I saw in a youtube video a while back, its going to get to a point where they have to release TSW3 because TSW2 is too buggy to fix, and upgrading unreal engine at the same time as supporting new consoles was too much to do all at once.
    As for the collectable achievements do they really need 100 per route maybe stick to 20 or 1 per station if it makes it easier to test ?

• Like Like x 4
  37. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

Wow. I see we are still being ignored on this issue. Sort it out, you're selling a product that isn't finished

• Like Like x 7
  38. Starkiller

Hopefully , they will read this , because this annoying waiting and no answer from DTG makes me sad.
    if seen thoes patches too in the last days and thought hey perhaps a patch for the achievements , but no.

• Like Like x 5
  39. coasterflo

Of course TSW 3 will come eventually and of course there is no time to fix something when you release two routes in 2 weeks.

As I said, we must now draw attention to the problem and how many are interested.

• Like Like x 5
  40. hamilton

hamilton Active Member

From my point of view it is an absolute impudence that you pay 30 euros for a route and not even all collectibles are accessible. If you don't test something like that then you shouldn't include it.

I buy since Rush Hour - London nothing more until the problems are fixed and I have already invested well over 500 euros in TSW 2020 and TSW 2. The lack of support is not only shameful for a company. In large parts of the EU, it is also against the law, as there is a clear defect caused by the manufacturer.

• Like Like x 6
  41. bigboy87

bigboy87 Active Member

I see it similarly, back then with Cement Circle I understood that it is a significant extra effort for DTG to dig out the old game again to fix it.

But that it is not self-understandable that you fix something promptly after the release of a route, I think is an impertinence.

Have absolutely no more understanding, not even for the answers to the problems of support. :mad:

• Like Like x 4
  42. stimp#5938

Well sadly it is us the consumers who are the test team….I do hope they get fixed though.

• Like Like x 4
  43. bigboy87

bigboy87 Active Member

So im you know it would be half bad if we were the test team, well thats bad for a company but if they fixed things that would still be ok.

But every door speed or any environmental holes in the landscape are fixed but scenarios, collectibles, locomotives are not?

That's more the problem. Anyone can overlook something or add bugs as long as an "Ok, we'll take care of it" comes back and it happens in a timely manner.

• Like Like x 5
  44. stimp#5938

I definitely agree with you here and timely is not a word in DTG’s dictionary unfortunately. They pump out (bug invested;)) content so fast, you'd think they could at least fix the collectibles, loco’s and broken achievements. :(:(:(

• Like Like x 7
  45. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

The Silence is deafening.....

• Like Like x 5
  46. Starkiller

its sad still no answer from a DTG Member :(

• Like Like x 3
  47. isa98bella

isa98bella Active Member

I was honestly hoping not to have to dig out my password for this forum again after Cement Circle, but apparently Dovetail requires us to fight for finished DLCs.

So on to the next ... ahm 5 rounds this time because there are 5 Achievements?

I put the link in our Facebook group for Trohäen and Achievement collectors in TSW and write tonight the tickets to support.

Fingers crossed that sometime someone from DTG answers here.

• Like Like x 3
  48. Grailer

Grailer Active Member

Simply a joke that DTG does not manage to fix things like collectibles, I'm really at a loss for words, especially because it is always beautifully claimed that there is a QA. Apparently not even collects all 100 per route ...

Quick question, for the tracks of Rivat Games, is this also the right forum or do they have their own page where you should draw attention to the problems with their Achievements?

49. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

London Conmuter fixed with today's update according to the update notes. Sherman Hill also.

Fixed three inaccessible Poster collectibles at Earlswood, Reigate and Streatham Common.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2022
  50. Grailer

Grailer Active Member

Ok, woah that's a start, then only the problems with the Achievements themselves remain. But progress, respect. :)