Xbox All Oddities And Errors On Luzern-sursee So Far

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by FD1003, Mar 24, 2022.

1. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Hello eveyone, this thread is so I can dump all of my findings after 3 services I played on Luzern-Sursee, I did one RE service from Luzern to Sursee, and 2 S-bahn services from Luzern to Sursee and back to Luzern.

ETCS Related stuff

1. Sometimes train lenght is not taken into account, for example when exiting Luzern you are given permission to go 80kph as soon as the train passes the balises. VIDEO CLIP, it also happens in Sursee (RE)when you are cleared to 100kph too early. VIDEO CLIP
    2. The yellow and red light at Sursee are not enforced by ETCS until you go past the first yellow signal, meaning the speed jumps from 140 to about 60kph. VIDEO CLIP - The RE services suffer a similar problem, but it's not quite the same. I'll post a video clip the next time I'll do a service
    3. Between Nottwil and Sempach-Neuenkirch there is a 160->125 speed reduction, but ETCS jumps the first part of the braking curve, jumping from 160 to 140 and then having the braking curve from 140 to 125.VIDEO CLIP
    4. Nearing Luzern, ETCS did not notify a 60kph speed reduction, jumping from 85 to 60. VIDEO CLIP
    OTHER
    1. A lof of signals have still written "Text" instead of the actual writing. A few examples: 4f95b92b-455e-47ea-8414-f1abbb072a95.jpg 9c9c2e88-5615-420e-8330-6bef5853c75b.jpg 4c5c5500-a565-47b8-8867-96ac2337e73b.jpg
    2. At Sempach-Neuenkirch passengers clip through the fence to get to the platform. VIDEO CLIP
    3. Is this how it's supposed to be or is it a LOD issue? 4f7693eb-3938-410c-92ff-f3a5dcd531ec.jpg
    4. Some AI trains have no PIS and headlights in the wrong direction, and the panto down. Just like Arosa Linie. VIDEO CLIP
    5. Luzern bound S-Bahn train have "S1 Gütsch" as default PIS, shouldn't it be "S1 Luzern"? (Which is the next option)
    BUILD NUMBER: 274
    Xbox Series X, Region: Italy, Language: English (UK) all the DLC I own are in the signature.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2022
    • Like Like x 11
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Rutgerski

Rutgerski Active Member

Nice bug report :) How is the frame rate?

3. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

It was fine. 50/60fps along the whole route on the series X.

4. Rutgerski

Rutgerski Active Member

Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  5. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Shocking another semi finished route...

• Like Like x 5
  6. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Well... in this particular case I don't mind too much. I was prepared to give Rivet a lot of slack for this route, completely new safety system, first standard gauge swiss route. I knew it wouldn't have been another Riesa-Dresden or Dresden-Chemnitz.

It's a shame that ETCS is flawed so much, to the point I wouldn't trust using it Hudless.

The "text" on the signals is a bit disappointing though... but it's not game breaking by any stretch of the imagination

As I said somewhere else I bought this mainly to support the idea of more SBB routes and hopefully more (and better!) ETCS.

7. SHINO BAZ

You would think your driver would be sitting instead of being imbeded in the driver seat
    Also the button to turn the headlight on only has a off option.Which has to wrong because the button next to it is the marker light button and it has a on/off option also the emergency lights have a on/off option on same button,.for the same button.

And the in cab screen highlighter only hightlites the destination screen and not any other in cab screens or controls.

8. Mr heff

Mr heff Well-Known Member

LMAO "Text"

• Like Like x 1
  9. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

TextText

• Like Like x 1
  10. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  11. dreampage

I'd like to add two more bug reports:

1. During the tutorials the game always expects the exact values it asks for. For example, when it tells you to put the throttle lever to -20%, you have to exactly put it to -20%, anything else won't work. Put it to -22% for example, and it won't register. This makes completing the tutorial hard to complete. There's an instance where you should reverse to reach 5 km/h, and the game tells you to use 10% throttle. If you use any more, it won't progress and the train will derail when it couples to the other cars. You have to set it exactly to 10%, which is not very player friendly (and also not how other routes work).

2. The on-track speed limit icons are always in MPH, even though the game is set to Metric and the route is obviously in Switzerland.

+1: For some reason it seems impossible to get gold medals on the introduction and loco tutorial missions. I completed them properly and got only a bronze (?) on the introduction and a silver on the tutorial, missing 50 points. I haven't played the scenarios or timetable yet.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2022
  12. shimarin

shimarin Active Member

Passengers can clip through the floor of the 523 and fall to the tracks:

On XSX if you watch the AI trains from a distance, they often have the marker lights on. If you move closer to them, the marker lights will change to the headlights. AI trains sometimes don't have their headlights on, and sometimes they are autonomous.

The doors are sometimes wonky. On multiple occasions only the first 2 doors opened.

For the 'Soaking up the lake views' achievement I spawned at Luzerne at the exact time an AI train should depart, opened the door, sat down, waited for more than 10 minutes. The AI only started to drive after I closed the door. At the next station the AI opened the doors, but for whatever reason didn't close them.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SHINO BAZ

Maybe this is notice to the driver that he\she can safely text while driving along this section of track.I don't know...

• Like Like x 1
  14. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I figured why this happens. If the trains spawns going the "correct" direction, everything is fine, panto, headlights and driver model. If the train instead has to turn around at either Luzern or Sursee they get messed up. That's why you notice those wrong trains while you are closer to finishing the run.

The only odd thing related to the doors was that in one station the two front doors (the ones on the front element) didn't open, but then the doors closed correctly. Only happened once, I don't remember if it was on the runs that are on Twitch.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. DEXCON

DEXCON Member

Anyone else not able to get the brakes working when 2 EMU's are coupled?

16. SHINO BAZ

Heres another
    On scenario planner all loaded trains do not bring up livery options.
    But
    All empty train do.

17. dreampage

I also noticed this problem. It's not possible to travel as a passenger as the AI trains don't move by themselves. Also, the achievement doesn't progress if you manually close the door to "force" the AI train to move.

18. shimarin

shimarin Active Member

Last edited: Mar 26, 2022
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Woroszyl The NS 2000

Woroszyl The NS 2000 Well-Known Member

Also, this happened to driver while driving RABe 523 (i'm on Xbox One btw)[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  20. dreampage

This bug was in the preview stream as well, sadly it hasn't been fixed by the time of release.

21. SHINO BAZ

Yea true the funny thing is when they saw this(in the stream)i would swear they just laugh about it.Wonder what other issues they justed laughed about.

22. dreampage

+1: It's not possible to get silver or gold medal on the introduction training module. It always awards only 300 Action Points whereas Gold requires 750.

23. MTARaylz

MTARaylz New Member

The introduction to the RABe523 is broken your supposed to set the handle to 20% after switching the on the master key the signal ahead outside the track won't turn green and you can't progress in the tasks on Xbox series x, I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or not?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2022
  24. dreampage

It says -20%. You're supposed to engage the dynamic brake basically. (RB instead of RT).

25. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

At least there is a driver, whenever I play the AI trains seem to be ATO, no one in the cab :(

In addition to your reports, there are also some serious signalling issues, both coming into Luzern and Sursee, speed limits and signal sequences are not implemented properly, leading also to some of the previously mentioned ETCS problems.

• Like Like x 1
  26. SHINO BAZ

This is a player controled train,not a AI..The character looks like a scarecrow imbeaded.into the driver seat.

27. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I think Rose the titanic driver has cropped up on a few routes I have on pc so I think it’s a core game bug as I haven’t bought this route.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Jasper_Rivet

Jasper_Rivet Well-Known Member

Many thanks for the detailed feedback! As for the ETCS bugs, we've been working on getting rid of them - and I couldn't reproduce the listed ones on a quick few testruns. I can't tell a date for the patch to release, sorry!

Will have a look at the other listed ones as well!

Oh, at least you got 50 more than I was able to achieve. :D I forwarded this to our devs as well, thanks for flagging!

• Like Like x 3