What Do You Want To Do Today?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DTG Protagonist, Mar 11, 2022.

1. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Which is completely illogical!
    Most played would be better, but even so as a tidy minded person I just want strict alphabetical order.

2. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

A much better way to set up the train destination PIS
    ex. On the London Victoria route, you have to scroll down a huge list just to find the correct end destination, which that can take a while to find the correct one. It would be much better if we have could just key in a code number select and find the destination much faster

Last edited: Mar 16, 2022
  3. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

A much better way of finding the collection at each station basically telling us which collection is collect and not collected yet from that station

• Like Like x 1
  4. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Another thing is being able to adjuct the different sound aspect in game such as increasing the volume of the train engine, increasing the volume of the train track (flange), increasing the volume of the overall ambient, and so forth. Basically we as the player have the freedom to adjust the sound volume of different aspect to our own liking.

• Like Like x 1
  5. inventor02

inventor02 New Member

When I purchase a new route and load it for the first time, I would like to be offered the ability to start (or guided towards) the tutorials without being forced into the first tutorial and told to "look up and down", as I nearly always cancel the tutorial (after also having it reset some of my settings) anyway.

I'm not fundamentally against the tutorials, in fact they are often helpful, but I prefer to take things at my own pace instead of being forced down a path I don't necessarily want to go down at that moment in time.

If it's more in keeping with the object of the thread...

I have just purchased a new route. I'd like to open the game, select the new route I have just purchased and then depending on how familiar I am with the route or stock, would like to either:
    • select a tutorial (not necessarily the first one), or;
    • "jump straight in" and play a scenario or service without having to wait for the tutorial to load only for me to go to the main menu anyway.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  6. steamfan#1309

steamfan#1309 Well-Known Member

I want the ability to have ALL cars/engines to be able to couple to and run with other engines/cars that have the same couplers. Like before the previous two updates making this image possible. aafa76ca-c993-4e92-a92e-4d2b7d19f6a8.jpeg

7. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

1. I want to use a train that has the option for a cruise control

2. I want to operate “insert countries” freight of “insert time” but i don’t know which route that’s possible

8. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

1. I just subscribed to this scenario in Creators Club, now I want to drive it.
    2. I want to drive this particular train, but haven't decided on the route yet. I'm trying to remember what my options are.
    3. I don't know what I want to drive today. Just give me something random. Preferebly a service I didn't complete yet.
    4. I have decided upon the train and route I want to drive, now I'm looking for a service that runs the entire length of the route.
    5. I have decided upon the train and route I want to drive, now I'm looking for a service that runs in a particular direction. (I mostly use this particularly to look for an uphill drive rather than a downhill, on routes such as Arosa or NA Freight.
    6. I have started a service but apparently forget one step on the start-up procedure. What am I forgetting? No, I don't want to redo the entire tutorial because I remember 99% of it.
    7. I have started a service but forgot the location of a particular button. Where did they hide it? No, I don't want to redo the entire tutorial because I'm not even certain they mention the button.
    8. I have started a service in rainy weather, but those wiper make an annoying sound. I'll exit and try to find the exact same service, just to play it in dry weather.
    9. I have started a service in early day or late day, I expected it to be light, but it's still dark. I'll exit and try to find a similar service or change the month, just to play it in daylight.

• Like Like x 1
  9. OldVern

Following on from above, I would like the stupid stop count down colour markers off by default always, not coming back every time I buy a new route or have something else change on an existing route. This is supposed to be a simulation and real drivers don’t have a green/yellow/red overlay as they approach a platform end.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I agree. It seems these settings get reset everytime you start a tutorial. Which, I guess, makes sense for the tutorial itself, but it should be set back to its previous settings after completing the tutorial.

Also, please stop making tutorials requirements for achievements and mastery. I really don't need to be explained how to drive a Dosto with every German route I own... :P

• Like Like x 3
  11. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I've always hated the mandatory intro to a new route. "Look up, down, left & right, walk here. You've found a collectable, well done. Let's see what else you can do on this route.." I really think the intro should be optional, for new players it's great but if you own more than a hand full of routes it becomes a chore, I just want to get it over and done with asap.

• Like Like x 1
  12. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’ve just driven a Creators Club scenario. It was rubbish. I want to delete it right now and be sure it is the one I have just played that I am deleting and not something with a similar name.

13. Kim1087

Kim1087 Well-Known Member

I want to load NTP and spawn in Leeds and railfan, setting the game time clock as close to the real time as I can get it,

14. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I want to be able to turn off the AP points display and medals since it's so easy to earn gold medals. There is no incentive to earn a gold anyways and the points you get can't be used for anything rendering them useless.

I would also like an option for the objective complete pop-up to be disabled. I don't need to be reminded that I closed the doors or stopped at a station when I know I did.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2022
  15. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

Lets crash a train into another train

• Like Like x 1
  16. OldVern

Er, no. A great way for DTG to lose all the licences they have painstakingly built up with the train and infrastructure companies and organisations. You want that sort of action, go elsewhere...

17. tallboy7648

Any other train games that allow us to crash trains?

18. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

train simulator

19. tallboy7648

And for console?

20. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I’d like an option whereby you can turn on collectible markers or something useful on the map like a filter and vicinity marker.
    I’m happy searching for things but I’d like to sweep a route up without two or three hours backtracking a steam guide

• Like Like x 1
  21. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Oh this would be so nice. Also the annoying sound that comes with the pop-up. Although I doubt these are the kind of things Sam refers to in his question.

Rollercoaster Tycoon

• Like Like x 1
  22. OldVern

Well MSTS used to launch your train 500 feet in the air if there was a long run without any points or crossings, or fly off the track on a corner even when doing under the speed limit. But that was Kuju’s shoddy programming and less than sterling QA not a design feature!

• Like Like x 1
  23. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

I would see all the DLC I have, easily.

I would also use the old route selection screen. That's because I want a route selection interface that allows me to easily find the route I want to play. A more compact list in this case can hugely help. Also, some proper filters could be useful.

• Like Like x 4
  24. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I agree. The huge buttons for the routes make it so only a few actually fit on your screen. Feels like it's really tailored towards console players (no offense), but it'd be great to have the option for a route selection interface that's more tailored towards PC-players. Something which fits more than just a few routes on a giant 4K resolution monitor please. Don't be afraid to scale down the texts, I'll be able to read them.

The old route selection screen from TSW2020 was better than the current one, even the route selection screen from good old Train Simulator (Quick Drive mode) is better than what TSW2 currently offers.

The same applies, IMO, to the train selection screen. Once you've selected a route, there isn't a very good overview on which trains you have available (especially on routes with plenty of trains to choose from), and navigating the menu annoys me (especially since you can endlessly cycle the trains in circles, the list doen't have a clear start and end).

I get it you want things to be easily navigatable by console users, sat away from a distance from their screens and only a controller to navigate, but it's far from ideal for PC players, who have a mouse, and, as far as I know, have a desk that allows them to sit only a short distance from their monitor. Using a big 4K resolution monitor only makes things worse, with giant buttons and texts.

I guess the same applies to the HUD. Scaling down the interface with .ini-file modifications affects both the HUD and menu interface. IMO scaling it down benefits both the HUD and menus. Would be nice to actually have a supported option to do those things, and let PC players use an interface that's actually more tailored towards PC players. (Obviously, while still remaining a good alternative for console players)

(I actually considered posting this whole message in the largest text size, just to show you the effect all the giant texts in the game has, but I hope my point is clear without overusing oversized texts)

• Like Like x 4
  25. tallboy7648

I mean how difficult can it be though to give players an option to disable it. Certainly it can't be.

Also I was referring to train games and not rollercoaster games unless a rollercoaster is a train all of a sudden I guess

Last edited: Mar 29, 2022
  26. tallboy7648

I'm a console player and even I find the huge texts and buttons ridiculous. I play far from my tv as well. There really was no reason for dtg to change the ui and I hope they stop doing so because it's clear they don't know how to design a ui. Don't change or fix something that isn't broken

27. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Well, it's a series of connected vehicles that run along a track, so I believe rollercoaster trains are, in fact, trains.

But my comment was mostly inspired about the good old days of designing the most deadly rollercoasters in RCT. I mean, didn't we all purposedly crash our coasters back when we were young?

I grew past that though, and I think train crashes aren't a required feature of a rail simulator. After all, we should be preventing crashes. If crashes are important to you, you're playing the wrong game. Try Rollercoaster Tycoon. Plenty of crashes to create there and honestly, the game was extremely good fun.

• Like Like x 1
  28. tallboy7648

Meh whilst train crashes would be cool, they aren't necessary for me in my opinion. I was just curious what other games allow you to crash trains :)

29. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  30. tallboy7648

31. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

• I would want to play the newest updated route (big updates preferably)
    • I would want to play per location
    • I would want to play based on the train
    • I would want to play based on freight or passengers

32. ShaneS89

ShaneS89 Active Member

The most annoying part of the menu is going round in circles looking for a loco or especially liveries, I can live with the layout if there was a beginning and an end to the lists.

The old dioramas from TSW2020 were much better too, played TSW2 on my Xbox for the first time in awhile and I'd forgotten how bad it was before the diorama mods. Not being able to see the side of the train with all the creators club liveries is far from ideal and setting the weather is trickier too. Having a few different ones to chose from was also nice, one of the main reasons I did the Mastery rewards was for the new dioramas.

33. steamfan#1309

If a coach, rolling stock, or Locomotive is owned in a downloaded add on; it should be available to create a custom livery for it.

• Like Like x 1
  34. BritishRail60062

BritishRail60062 Active Member

Would it be possible for the option of a consist builder or an assistant menu in the scenario creator tool please? Also I would like to see the option in the scenario creator have the option on the map where the user could right click on any unused sidings and place loose consists of wagons in freight yards and cap it to about 15-20 loose consists so that it doesn't kill performance too much.

With a consist creator. It would be possible to make a Railtour of a CSX AC4400CW hauling a Caltrain consist on the back with an MP36PH at the tail end for HEP power to the coaches. Just for example of what I would like to see become available without the need to use any third party cumbersome tools

• Like Like x 1
  35. howzatlbw

howzatlbw New Member

I'd like to navigate to a "railfanning position" without having to divebomb the default "free" camera view to head high level to view a loco I'm operating; by that time, any loco going over 30km/hr has already passed. Isn't railfanning the primary use of the "free" camera? So, increase default view to 100 meters out front of loco and at a height of 200cm above track.

• Like Like x 3
  36. BritishRail60062

I too would welcome a dedicated "railfan" camera.

• Like Like x 1
  37. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

The option of going back to the timetable of the just completed route. Been wanting this from day one.

• Like Like x 1
  38. BritishRail60062

I know this is common in ETS2 but I have a question. Can we have a "Train Operator" mode in TSW2 where we can operate a train company and recruit drivers/engineers and earn money in the game to buy locomotives, depots and wagons/carriages etc? How popular would this new mode be? We could use the existing add-ons we have but the trains/wagons would have to be purchase with the funds the player is given from the bank. Would this mode be appealing to TSW2 players or am I wasting my time with this suggestion. No harm intended :).

• Like Like x 1
  39. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Well-Known Member

Getting around the dlc on foot.

The ability to port from one station to another without going back to the main menu and reselecting a weather, a time etc. Just enable us to move up or down the line?

40. OldVern

Don't think this really qualifies as a quick "Quality Of Life" upgrade which was the OP intent. More of a suggestion for a completely new game and not really a mode that would work playing a small part (driver/shunter) of a large railway organisation as we do in TSW.

41. steamfan#1309

I think that that should be an entirely different game on its own. For that concept add the ability to make your own steam engines.

42. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

i just want a sandbox mode

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2022
  43. BritishRail60062

Well in my haste to post. I forgot to mention that the player could still play the scenario but the AI/NPC drivers/employees would earn the player money to buy the trains (from the base game/DLC owned by the player). Something like what is used in ETS2 and I think it could be implemented into the game as another mode. Well we have the 3D models for the drivers/engineers already so DTG would only need to make up names for them.

Here is some examples. If you were to start in London (base or DLC, doesn't matter) then when you purchase/lease access to a depot. Let's say Old Oak common for the sake of argument. You would have to meet the needs and share the depot with GWR. The player company could be named anything which for example. Western Express and GWR could share the same depot and the player has to bid on contracts for running their own services alongside GWR in the future in the game.

Then there is the pricing of the trains and subject to availability. A HST could be priced about the £1 to £2 million credits mark as where a Class 165 could be priced around the £500k credits mark so starting off on your own won't be easy like in the real world but remember this is just fictional in a train simulator and this mode would work fine in TSW 2 in my opinion. Optional for those that want it otherwise it can just be ignored and I understand that fictional TOC's will NOT be everyone desire. But I am sure those that would find it interesting would enjoy it and DTG would have real life trains in its arsenal for this mode. Unlike what I can say for another train simulator game that full of bugs and getting fine to the teeth for not using the horn when I do! Mentioning no names here.

Maybe but would that be too difficult for newcomers to build their own trains from scratch? Why not use the trains and stock that DTG already has in their arsenal and as long as the player owns the trains/DLC. It can be used in train operator mode. The concept is easy to implement, we just need more routes and DLC from DTG to really set it off! ;).

44. highland beastie

highland beastie Well-Known Member

This is still a feature which would require alpt of work to add, and would also be a completely new feature which is not what this thread is for.

• Like Like x 1
  45. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

You also forgot to read the first post in the thread which specifically said it wasn’t a thread for new features (start your own thread for that) and is only about navigating to play modes that already exist. It was even in bold letters to make it stand out, I’ve copied it here for reference…

NOTE: This is not somewhere to suggest new features the game doesn't already have. This is simply looking to make it easier to get to activities already in the game.

46. BritishRail60062

Okay I get the point. Case closed and happy Easter :).