Harlem Line Is Not Working At All

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Heerenrailfan92, Mar 27, 2022.

1. Heerenrailfan92

Heerenrailfan92 Active Member

I haven’t been able to finish one service on the Harlem Line DLC. You either have to stop for an endless red light because a train in front of you just refuses to move or by some reason you end up at the wrong platform at Harlem 125 street so you can’t get past that station. I paid good money for this DLC and this is unacceptable image.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  2. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Yup wanted to try Harlem again yesterday and had forgotten a lot of services just don't work as this route feels like hackers have infiltrated the NY railway system to create as much damage as possible.

• Like Like x 2
  3. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Welcome to the club.
    Timetable is heavly broken here.
    Different people, different stories, but...
    Yeah, broken.

• Like Like x 1
  4. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

Similar issues here unfortunately. I've had to give up on this route until this is fixed; one broken service can just be skipped, but so far I've only been able to complete one full length run. All others I've tried have resulted in the route grinding to a halt.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Sorry for the inconvenience, folks. We've logged the issues as a bug, and the teams are investigating.

• Like Like x 4
  6. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

Usual response from DTG but he forgot to add we understand your frustration.

This is beyond any kind of joke now as it seems every release has major issues that makes the game unplayable.

• Like Like x 9
  7. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

Can you by chance, pass on the total frustrations of the people to the top level management.

We pay good money for these DLC, it seems that nothing is coming out without a huge amount of game stopping bugs. Some of us have stopped buying anything. At my last reckoning on my half alone, it is getting over a £150 I would have spent.

It does seem by what is going on sale, that Quality Control and Testing has gone out the window? DTG / Rivet etc. have to see how it looks from our side of the fence.

• Like Like x 3
  8. breblimator

breblimator Guest

You mean bugs (plural). This is not just that one service. The whole timetable needs to be revised quickly. PC is the same issue.

• Like Like x 1
  9. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Funny how they say we don't make the same mitake twice. Funny it seems you do, didn't we have this red light issue before on Boston Sprinter when it first came out?

Remember this route is short because of the attention to detail that went into it.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’ve put off buying the Harlem route given all these reports. DTG really must pull its socks up. The list of issues is going to be longer than the WCML at this rate. Absurd.

• Like Like x 1
  11. paulossj4

paulossj4 Active Member

Same thing happens here on PS4 Pro. I tried to run a service and what I saw was a line of five trains one after the other stopped near the Harlem station. Now I wonder, how do they manage to release a buggy route and no one in QA sees it? We know that any game that launches has its problems, however minimal. But those that have been happening are unacceptable.

I wonder if it was a good thing for DTG to launch TSW for several platforms, because I don't know if I was the only one who noticed, but since they did that, the quality of the products launched has dropped. They are more focused on getting money by launching new "unfinished" routes and are putting them aside, having to divide attention to each console.

An example of this is the London Commuter "Fast Lane" scenario. Since launch until today it has not been fixed, and detail that has already been reported numerous times.

I understand that nobody lives without money and that content should be released, but there must be quality in their releases, with buses that do not harm the gameplay and immersion of the simulator.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  12. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

WCML? I can only think of West Coast Main Line. Which isn’t on TSW2. Do you mean West Cornwall. This is one of the problems I haven’t had on West Cornwall. The scenery isn’t great but at least I can complete services (apart from having to manually close the doors :|

13. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’m meaning that the list of issues in TSW2 is getting longer than the West Coast Main Line in reality. The list is that long.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

That statement has aged badly quite frankly

• Like Like x 4
  15. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I honestly think that their beta team and qa needs a complete overhaul

• Like Like x 3
  16. antwerpcentral

I really agree. Not so long ago Matt explained how the testing for Playstation was done and that there shouldn't be no problems anymore. This route proves that was BS. It's the worst I've seen since London Commuter. It's just unplayable as so many services have the same problem.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Turbojugend

Turbojugend Well-Known Member

I was looking forward to the Harlem line more than any other DLC by a wide margin. Now I've moved on to other games and forgotten it exists. I guess that says it all on my end.

• Like Like x 2
  18. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

Do you recall how he explained that and could you please describe it (or maybe provide info in which stream it was explained so I can look for it on youtube)? I'm interested in how they run their tests while some many bugs get pass it.

19. antwerpcentral

No I don't recall which stream. It was last year. I can't quote Matt but the bottomline was that there were enough people for testing the Playstation version. It was a discussion about increasing testers for console versions. The Harlem line just shows that isn't true or the testers are being ignored. I expect a tester to at least test if every service in journey works. When one of the fist services in the journey has this problem you know this can't have been tested because it's so easy to replicate.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Turbojugend

Exactly. It's literally one of the very first missions leading out of the tutorial, easily replicated by numerous people on this board. And yet no one noticed it in testing?!? I don't even know what to believe.

• Like Like x 1
  21. arek#2842

Well, as they have designed AI to drive trains I would expect them to use automated tests to validate timetable services (AI drives all trains) while scenarios, which might be to complex for AI to cover (might require more sophistcated automatic tests to design), to be validated by testers manually.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  22. antwerpcentral

Matt talked about actual people testing the routes. Matt explained he wanted to work with a team based on trust. Which I can understand and I don't see a problem with that. But if this team is based on trust they screwed him over on this route. I have a suggestion for Matt I was watching a report about a social work provider in my country that only works with people with disabilities. There were people that did testing for software because they were better in spotting bugs than most of us would. I think learning how to drive a train and spot bugs in routes would be feasible. Are there projects like that in the UK? Look into it.

• Like Like x 3
  23. ccsuwxman

ccsuwxman New Member

Downloaded a MAJOR update for PS4 a few days ago. Apparently, the 618 service bug HAS NOT been fixed. However, it is possible to shut down the express train, leave the cab, and walk forward to the cab of the stuck train, and take over its operation. I haven't played this scenario to its conclusion, but it seems I can finish the route by driving the stuck train.

24. arek#2842

Probably not, due to the fact that you will most likely be asked by the game if you want to abandon you current scenario and take over the stuck train service instead.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2022
  25. Turbojugend

Yeah, just before you take over the stuck train, the game warns you that you are abandoning the mission.