Ts2022 - In The Shadow Of Shasta

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Jan 26, 2022.

1. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Definitely worth it. The rolling stock is brilliant in my opinion, both in looks and handling. It's definitely NOT old Kuju stock, as Milepost Simulations often upgrade existing stock with new features.

2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I would also agree this route is definitely worth the buy.

3. mfeets

mfeets Well-Known Member

I personally really like this route. First about the stock; a lot of it is new(or new to milepost's other routes). The only kuju car is the hopper, and while it is defiantly the worst in the pack, it has an updated model and a good texture for once. The SD40T-2 has a new cab that looks pretty good, other than that it's a reskin of one of the ones already in the game. The SD9e has a really well-sone exterior but it's cab is outdated. The physics seem pretty good to me, for a lot of the route you will be in notch 8 and still lose speed with a long enough train.
    Yes, there are very little scenarios, even on the workshop, and I think there should have been more of them.
    About Amtrak, DTG just wants you to buy another DLC to run.
    Overall I'd recommend it but I'm pretty biased since this is one of my top railfanning spots so don't just take it from me.

4. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice. Just bought it and will take a run after dindins!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2022
  5. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Well yes, what a lovely route from what I've seen so far. Managed to do the first of the switching turns (took me three attempts to find the correct route out of KF Yard!), now just started one of the haulage runs. Scenery is excellent, obviously hills and distant mountains suffer from the constraints of the terrain texturing system but nowhere near as bad as some other routes.

Loco's are nice but horns could do with work, hard to do a short blast with how the sounds are looped.

Scenarios I mentioned and it's a bit of a shame there doesn't appear to be one covering the complete route in one hit. Really think DTG need to somehow apply the TSW all day timetable system to TS.

Definitely a keeper.

6. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

I just don't think that will ever be a possibility with TS, even doing regular scenarios can be a pain with the AI being derpy at times. At most you can hope for someone to keep the route filled with "interesting" scenarios on the Workshop.

Though I am surprised HIS hasn't done a freeware 1980's era Amtrak Coast Starlight scenario for the route yet.....