Latest Sale

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Daytona, Sep 9, 2020.

Tags:
  1. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

You must have missed post #1288 where it was mentioned

• Like Like x 1
  2. mattdsoares

mattdsoares Well-Known Member

YMMV but Steam will still often give refunds in this situation. I bought WCML when it first dropped and was appalled by the terrible state of it and submitted for a refund despite playing thousands of hours on TS20xx as a whole. I explained that I tried the DLC and the problems with it and while it took a day because presumably a human had to review the case, I was refunded.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

As I understand it, it's nothing to do with your overall total game time it's how many hours played since purchasing the DLC you are wishing to refund, if that game total has increased by more than two hours (irrelevant whether that was playing the said DLC or not) then you will likely not be eligible for a refund.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Ardaeshir

Ardaeshir Well-Known Member

I totally did. Somehow my brain registered only the DTG store sale post

5. dunkrez

dunkrez Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 31, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

I keep asking myself whether it actually gets used by other people in scenarios. Does it?

7. dragoner

dragoner Well-Known Member

I suspect it was probably meant to avoid backlash for releasing multiple DLCs at once, which might be wrong but just my thought.

8. Cyclone

I think the comment was about how they were not discounted during the sale that just happened, and they are discounted now.

9. dunkrez

Yes mate, there's quite a few scenarios up on ATS that make use of it. It's been a niche success ultimately. Little highlights like an Australian couple got in touch a few weeks ago to thank me for making it because their son who is on the spectrum bloody loves it. In general the consensus is that most are surprised at how good it actually is. It's obviously not the AP range, but it's a solid beginning with much more to follow. Like Mumen Rider, nobody expects much from a class C hero :)

10. Cyclone

Ugh. And now I am actually considering the Wherry upgrade for an unexpected reason, too. This is not going to be a good month for my wallet...

Yay for tax season.

• Like Like x 1
  11. dragoner

dragoner Well-Known Member

Ooh, I understood it differentely.

12. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Digital Traction have announced that general sales are being replaced in the future by specific product related deals. So possibly no more sales from DT apart from individual products. So keep an eye on their website in the future, if there is something specific you want. Today get 70% the first deal j70 loco with code j70deal

Remember DTGs more March Madness and Steam’s Sim Fest Hobby Edition sales end at 6pm tomorrow.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2022
    • Helpful Helpful x 4
  13. dunkrez

Not a sale as such, but relevant to the recent Plasser & Theurer tamper pack sale, I've decided to permanently lower the price of the pack to just £6.99 (and £4.99 for ATS subscribers). The new price should kick in pretty soon.

It performed so well and now sits at 850+ units sold to date which totally outstrips my expectations. Thank you very much indeed to everyone who picked up a copy!

Happy Friday! :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Thank you Dunkrez. Glad to hear it’s a permanent price, I will purchase when the Spring sales have finished. I understand that these are the Scenario Requirements
    – ECML London to Peterborough
    – European Loco & Asset Pack
    – RSC Regional Railways Class 101

What other requirements are required for quick drives?

• Like Like x 1
  15. dunkrez

None, it's a self contained pack :) There's also quite a few free scenarios available on ATS that make use of the tamper pack so be sure to check them out too (both driven and just as A.I. along the way). I figured this makes a nice change from prices rising continually, as well as taxes across the board.

While I'm here, be sure to check out https://www.facebook.com/goldstartrains for the latest MPV dev progress. This weekend I'll be putting the operator's touch screen control interface together fully now the basic framework is in place (GSM-R and Jetter LCD real time panel are there and will be fully functional too).

Thanks guys :)

* I forgot to mention, CobraOne added support for the tamper in his latest Raildriver driver update too!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

No they didn't, CobraOne did with his (far superior) TSxx Raildriver Interface.

• Like Like x 1
  17. dunkrez

I stand corrected, thank you Reef and also CobraOne :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

19. gwrdevon

gwrdevon New Member

Actually I provided CobraOne with the updated lever script for the tamper which he added into the latest version.
    Having purchased the wonderful tamper I had to get it working with my raildriver :)

• Like Like x 3
  20. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  21. dunkrez

Thank you very much indeed mate, I'm glad you like it! :) Fingers crossed that the MPV is so well received.

22. gwrdevon

gwrdevon New Member

My pleasure Really looking forward to the MPV and will send an update to CobraOne as soon as I get it for the raildriver.

Perhaps you should create a separate post for this when ready.

Apologies to all for posting this in the latest sale post.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Cyclone

Sadly, my hard drive crashed a few days after buying it. Hopefully I can redownload it.

24. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Everyone keep you eyes peeled as this is the month of some major sales. With Good Friday coming at the end of this week. Last year Just Trains, Armstrong Powerhouse, RSSLO, Caledonia Works all had sales over the Easter Period and Steam and Dovetail Games had Spring sales towards the end of the month. Maybe time to grab a bargain.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  25. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I feel your pain I just had mine crash on me as well last week, thankfully I had everything I needed to restore every thing again.

26. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

A year last January I had a PSU failure that fried all 4 of my SSD's, 2 HDD's (one of which was my backup drive), my EVGA 980Ti GPU and even my DVD-ROM drive, guess who didn't have an external backup drive then too..

That was painful!

27. Michael Newbury

Thankfully I have not experienced anything like by the sounds of what you went through, was definitely painful and was a huge loss of data. Not something I would want to have happen to me or anyone for that matter.

• Like Like x 1
  28. dunkrez

Yep, it can be re-downloaded from your purchased items list in your ATS account.

Thank you for the reminder - just backed up all of my dev work to cloud storage.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Michael Newbury

At least with TSW2 it had my most current back on my one drive so I lost nothing there. My TS22 saved files were slightly old but at least did not loss much progress.

With that I plan to keep a more current back in case such a event should happen again, but I am hoping not. As that was a very stressful event. I would have minded if I had to start TS22 from scratch, but to redo TSW2 from scratch would not have been fun.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Cyclone

I didn't have my UKTS backed up, and some free AP downloads may have gone missing and have to be hunted down again. Other than that, Just Trains downloads. The UKTS is the hardest one, knowing it took me easily 2-3 months to get everything I had then, so I grabbed my downloads list and started going down it, and am winding up downloading even more now because I'm just going through a user collection all at once.

31. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

First easter sale has started at Caledonia Works ends 17th 30% off locomotives only.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  32. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

I unfollowed them today, I personally think their advert is in poor taste, I'm all for live and let live and believe what you choose to believe but I hate having religion (aka fiction) forced down my neck (feed)

33. dunkrez

What was the ad Reef?

34. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

DM'd you.

• Like Like x 1
  35. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

DTG also now have a flash sale. Nine routes with up to 65% off.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2022
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  36. Craigie-C

Craigie-C Well-Known Member

37. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

38. sphexi

sphexi Active Member

I have this route and would say it is definitely worth having. Having said that I prefer the NA routes.

The route is well done, scenery is good, and I haven't encountered any scenario bugs (although I don't think I have played them all yet). It is not the "typical" US route. I expect you have looked at the description. It is set in the 30's-40's, uses electrics, and has a mix of freight and short passenger consists if I remember right. It is not a "connect 100 cars to 4 locos and pull to destination at 20-30mph" type route. The longer scenarios are through the countryside, but there are shorter scenarios that go between San Francisco and the suburbs over the Bay Bridge. Some of the in town trackage goes down the middle of the street and there is a small yard right in town.

Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 1
  39. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

Here are the specifics:

(65% off) Mittenwaldbahn: Garmisch-Partenkirchen - Innsbruck
    (60% off) Fife Circle Line: Edinburgh - Dunfermline
    (60% off) London-Faversham High Speed
    (60% off) Sacramento Northern: Suisun Bay - San Francisco
    (50% off) Arosa Line
    (50% off) Frankfurt High Speed: Frankfurt - Karlsruhe
    (50% off) South Western Main Line: Southampton - Bournemouth
    (45% off) Hudson Line: New York - Croton-Harmon
    (45% off) Lake Constance: Schaffhausen - Kreuzlingen

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  40. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Although I like European routes I would not get this one as it is just a branch from Chur with limited scope for playing.
    The Albula line is a much better route but is not in the same
    https://store.dovetailgames.com/uk/product/431178/albula-line-st-moritz-thusis-route-add-on

41. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Marias Pass at 75% off has been added to DTG Train Simulator Class pre release flash sale. There may be others added in the lead up to the 21st when TS Classic releases.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  42. Craigie-C

Craigie-C Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  43. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  44. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Surprised an Armstrong Powerhouse sale hasn’t begun as it normally starts on Good Friday, also last year Just Trains has their Easter Sale for a week over Easter starting the day before Good Friday. Don’t hold out much hope on a Just Trains sale as they restrict their’s to only 10 dlcs mainly Western and Midlands Mainline.

They may now both begin on Easter Sunday. I have spent quite a bit in the RSSLO sale that Armstrong Powerhouse will lose out for delaying theirs unusually this time.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  45. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Same. There has always been an AP sale starting on or before Good Friday for as far back as I remember, at least the last few years. Bit disappointed as I have a fairly long list of things I'm after. Don't hold much hope of it starting now. Maybe the four day weekend at the beginning of June.

• Like Like x 2
  46. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I am hopeful of an AP sale sometime this month. Normally over the years they have had one April, August and December. In 2020 they added one in July, I think as we had been in lockdown. It may begin tomorrow, fingers crossed.

• Like Like x 2
  47. Cyclone

AP sales are every four months like clockwork. It will happen before the end of April. They started the Christmas sale on Christmas Eve after I had already left to celebrate the holidays, so they will likely do the same and start it when people aren't around to log on for the day itself. But more likely, it will be in a week.

• Like Like x 3
  48. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Suit me in a weeks time. Can buy more as it will be on next month ccb. Good thinking Cyclone hope you are right.

Just Trains sale soon but rarely buy in theirs as they limit it to 10 of their popular products and normally have them all. Wish they were like AP and gave 40% off everything then I am sure they would earn more from their sales.

Two sales end later tonight. Caledonia Works and Digital Traction. RSSLO’s sale ends on Friday.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2022
  49. andy.malcolm

andy.malcolm Active Member

If there is an AP sale it'll be on a bank holiday weekend. So either it'll be today / tomorrow, or 30th April. Or maybe there just won't be one.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  50. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I hope you are right Andy. Not bothered about the AP sale any more, as long as it lasts until later in the week if it starts today. Decided to use my available spending for this week in the DT and RSSLO sale, so an AP sale later will be good. If they leave it too late they may have competition from Steam as their next sale begins on April 29th in time for the early bank holiday on May 2nd.

• Like Like x 2