Tsw 2 Suggestion: Class 60 Db Cargo With Vtg Tea Tankers.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by BritishRail60062, Mar 29, 2022.

1. BritishRail60062

BritishRail60062 Active Member

Dear DTG,
    Can I drop this suggestion over to your development team for a Class 60 add on for your team to consider making in the future? I have finally bagged TSW 2 and I am really enjoying this one. If you plan to make a new route. Something like the North Lincolnshire route with Lindsey Oil Refinery would fit well for this locomotive but if you want it as a standalone. Perhaps routes like the Great Western Express etc would fit. I will leave it here for you to decide the outcome.

Thanks for reading.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Unfortunately DTG have said that UK freight isn't something people want (given the last two polls on here), so a new freight loco is unlikely

3. BritishRail60062

Oh I understand now. Shame really as I love freight and although more challenging. Its great fun but I now I understand the situation. Maybe I should request a Class 60 Railtour pack with a Class 60 and some Brown/Cream Mk2b's. Would that be more popular with the community?

4. ARuscoe

I gave up trying that several years ago LOL

Personally I think a South Wales or Bristol pack with the 60s hauling oil tankers would be excellent

• Like Like x 1
  5. BritishRail60062

I second that mate. Maybe a Class 60 pack with the tankers for the Bristol Cardiff route could be doable. Failing that there is another option to consider that could be a Class 60 Railtour pack for those that dislike freight (I prefer freight to be honest but I am an oddball!) which could utilise the GWE, TPE and other similar routes like Cornwall.

6. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

Just Trains have previously developed a Class 60 for Railworks/Train Simulator, so it may be on their radar when they start announcing TSW products. Immingham/Lindsey to Scunthorpe with the Barton line and a Class 153 thrown in (also previously developed by JT) would be a great route to feature the Class 60.

• Like Like x 1
  7. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Where did they say that? Personally there is huge scope for freight - Yorkshire Coalfield (Knottingley), Mendip Stone, Buxton area (Tunstead etc.). We don't all want to drive bland Electrostars! :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. ARuscoe

It's been said on stream a couple of times that when they poll they find that the UK response is mainly IC passenger, US response is mainly heavy freight and German response is up to date trains but a balance of both

Personally I think DTG should do a balance over all the routes they can but it seems I am in the minority when I say I would love a technical freight drive way more than an intercity two hour drive between London and Liverpool (mainly because watching a load of green lights would bore me)

9. ARuscoe

A class 60 for railtours... sounds like sacrilege to me! Those things are designed to pull heavy heavy loads, not some namby pamby diners on a jolly to the countryside... Leave that to the steamers (with a 47 on the back)

10. BritishRail60062

Personally I prefer heavy freight and the Class 60 is definitely not a weak locomotive and its on par to the Dash 7 in terms of power. But the reason I suggested a rail tour is because there are those that dislike freight (or so I have been told) and it gives them an option to get a taste of some real power instead of a feeble DMU or an EMU that is weak in comparison :) .

11. ARuscoe

Yeah, it would do that but seems a waste to me lol