Dtg Listen Up To This Suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by btom, Mar 30, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. btom

btom Member

If DTG continues to overly concentrate their programming content on heavily favored European rail systems, they can kiss any present or future North American rail system TSW2 customers bye-bye

• Like Like x 2
  2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Seems more like a whinge than a suggestion, to me.

US has just had Harlem with HSC just around the corner. UK has had nothing new since Brighton Main Line (not counting Rivet West Cornwall as it is awful and a third party) with nothing on the horizon until the Scouse Steam route. Last route for Germany was Tharandater which was also a while ago, nothing on the roadmap for there either.

• Like Like x 9
  3. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

DTG should do more of this when making a new route because any route no matter where it forms better off LESS" broken!

4. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Just popped in, couldn’t find the suggestion so left.

• Like Like x 13
  5. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

*waves btom for a bye-bye*

There is no need for people whining about how they are not getting what they want. Indeed we need more people that give constructive suggestions with reference material instead.

And a suggestion for an US route on my side would be Marias Pass since DTG got the BNSF license.

• Like Like x 1
  6. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Seen a few days ago a suggestion about DTG needing to more British content, what's your take on that?

There is never enough American, British or German content for the fans of each nation.

• Like Like x 4
  7. BritishRail60062

BritishRail60062 Active Member

I was hoping to read a locomotive or a route suggestion for DTG, After all they have magical powers to mind read our minds. Joking aside. Mate drop a few routes and locomotives to them and they might just be willing to take it onboard okay.

Here's one - Marias Pass!

8. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

They should start doing International routes First is Duisburg-Oberhausen-Arnhem Utrecht Railway 2nd is Perpignan-Barcelona 3rd is Liege Aachen L37. For starters they would change nearby train simulator world existing route. Hollandstrecke Duisburg-Oberhausen-Arnhem Utrecht changes Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr at Mülheim an Der Styrum because S3 follows a Zevenaar Bochum Ehrenfeld Gbf freight. Perpignan-Barcelona changes LGV Méditerranée Avignon-Marsellie since every 08:06 trips are the Madrid Atocha S100 trains. Own Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen with New Journey pack Aachen Hbf is busy with SNCB NMBS HLD77 7771-7871 running to Köln Ehrenfeld or terminate at Rothe Erde sidings provided L37 is owned. Unless L37 linked to Köln Wuppertal where HLD77 7771-7871 arrives then 363 204 G6 separates the inbound Belgian freight train at Rangierbahnhof Köln Kalk for existing locomotives

• Like Like x 1
  9. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

I'd like to see some different countries outside of the big 3 before another big 3 release.

Variety is good.

(and yes I know there are lot who refuse to play anything outside of their preferred country)

• Like Like x 1
  10. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Do not forget NS Horseshoe Curve is coming!
    I believe the next one might be a BNSF one!
    Like Cajon Pass (*) or the Racetrack (Chicago to Aurora)

(*) Cajon Pass it is shared by BNSF and UP, but each one it has its own tracks.
    But most of the length, they are very close to each other.
    So it would be great to have also UP trains running there!
    At least as AI ones.

• Like Like x 1
  11. driverwoods#1787

Should this work an international route from one of the big three countries. The following are Germany to the Netherlands Duisburg-Oberhausen-Arnhem-Utrecht Line.
    Will change Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen with selected SNCB NMBS HLD77 7771-7871 trips terminating at Aachen Rothe Erde for existing locomotives to finish the service to Köln Ehrenfeld others are run through. Every 08:15 21:30 trips are SNCB HLE18 Siemens end trips at Aachen for locomotive change
    you are simply running PZB LZB ETCS Sifa 15kv AC as a normal operation. Since 1963. This will cause ÖBB locomotives to be paired up with 766.2 767.2 780 785 on certain routes. Electric Shunters 1063 1163 1064 will spawn on Yards with Overhead wires
    UK to Ireland Dundalk Belfast
    US to Mexico Freight

12. ghawk2005

ghawk2005 Well-Known Member

Not important. There’s already far too much American rubbish. Goodbye.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

Too much freight

• Like Like x 4
  14. Renfe cercanias

Renfe cercanias Active Member

a respect eeeh, a respect ..... . No country is garbage ... because if we start criticizing garbage then your poor diesel British trains that don't even start would be the biggest garbage on the planet. So respect people's opinion and allow the variety of countries in this game. Don't focus so much on British crap

• Like Like x 3
  15. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

i would very much disagree with that excpet for the one off countries uk and germany outnumber USA dlc by a mile

16. Switches3

Switches3 Well-Known Member

Unless it’s a American passenger service route, I’m not quite interested in playing slow moving freight across quiet landscapes.

17. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

2022 so far has seen 1 US routes (with a 2nd to come imminently), 1 German route, 1 Swiss route and ZERO UK routes.

We have to go back 5 months for the last UK route and by the end of April the US will have had 3. But sure it's US rail fans who have been forgotten about and aren't loved by DTG

• Like Like x 2
  18. theozzmanishere

theozzmanishere New Member

I personally like freight routes a lot but I agree, the ones we have are way too slow. We need some fast freight runs!

19. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

Stop whinging. There are too many US routes, not too few

20. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

How about you show some damn respect!

• Like Like x 2
  21. theozzmanishere

Uh, the majority of routes in TSW are centered in Europe. There's really only a few North American routes in TSW.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Right, seeing there's a confusing with how many routes that are made, per country so far, might as well just sum up the tally in one post then.

From DTG:
    US: 5 [2 from Preserved Collection]
    UK: 5 (including SoS, like it or not) [5 from Preserved Collection]
    Ger: 5 [5 from Preserved Collection]
    FR: 1
    CAN: [only 1 from Preserved Collection]

and from 3rd-parties:
    US: 2
    UK: 2
    Swiss: 2

And this is all the routes made for the past 5 years, mind you. So there's plenty of European routes already, just to satisfy you enough without wanting for more until the next batch of new routes to be made. And while I do hope for more US routes being made in the future (as a freight man myself, don't care for commuters). But somehow, oddly enough, feels like the US still gets the short end of the stick no matter what, in terms of variety. Be it from the community or dovetail themself.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  23. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Glad to see everyone is being respectful to each others opinions....*saracasm*

Only thing we really need out of North America is more vintage routes, like either transition era or early generation diesels. Maybe after DTG is done with SOS for the UK, they can tackle a transition era route in the US.

• Like Like x 3
  24. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

Uhhhh could we get someone who monitors the forms onto here?

• Like Like x 1
  25. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

Best way to solve the US vs UK vs DE would be to add more countries - then it dilutes the factions

• Like Like x 6
  26. theozzmanishere

I personally think it's a mix of the community pulling DTG is so many different directions and DTG trying to appease them. As a result we normally get lackluster US DLC.

27. driverwoods#1787

How about ÖBB that one changes German routes. Have ÖBB route with Nahverkehr Dresden Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen Hauptstrecke München-Augsburg. One of the freight services might be made up of Rail cargo Austria ÖBB freight services.
    Nightjet sleeper train services are playable on those routes. Main Spessart Bahn Aschaffenburg-Lohr section. Whole Length Hauptstrecke München-Augsburg Schnellfahrstrecke. The exception is EN468 469 Wien Hbf to Paris Est playable from Augsburg Hbf to München Pasing.

28. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Please remember Matt has clarified on a streaming that "World", on the game name, is not about making routes or trains from around the "World".
    It is about the "World of trains". Thus is all things involved with them.

For me the main issue of routes, are ont which country a route is located.
    It is about the fun / challenging / entertaining / length it is. I mean a mix of them.

I likes European and US routes and trains, but not all routes of those countries accomplishing what I mentioned above.

Of course most probably a route will be more focusing on some of the points, but if they got all of them it will be a very nice route!
    But also the trains which runs on them, are important too. The more variety the more interesting it will be.
    Not forgetting that quantity must not be over quality.
    Then again a mix is important.

As to the country which is locate be located, it is not the main issue.
    This is not the FIFA football / soccer world championship.! ;)
    So which country it has more routes.

Let's see which ones will be coming on next years

29. LIRRGuy

"Train sim World," More like "Train Sim 3 Countries"

• Like Like x 2
  30. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

I guess Canada, France and Switzerland aren't counties then?

• Like Like x 1
  31. LIRRGuy

Yes they are Irl, but as of right now they are mainly focusing on the "Big 3 Countries" which are USA,UK,and Germany which is unfortanute

• Like Like x 2
  32. ghawk2005

yes indeed and the West Cornwall rolling stock release was an absolute disaster and a HUGE let down with faults still not corrected. I’m surprised Rivet weren’t sacked for the shocking mistakes they made on the 150. Incorrect internal brake rub sounds, incorrect physics set up, accelerates far too fast from the off. No 2 second delay, no rev up, throttle being locked in brake notch 1, accelerating in 1st throttle notch at 75mph, incorrect DSD behaviour, gear change speed going back from 2nd down to 1st gear is also incorrect, track joint sounds awful. I will never again buy from Rivet !

Let’s hope the steam loco and steam route is a vast improvement.

• Like Like x 2
  33. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Conversely Luzern is one of the best routes released this side of rush hour across all developers, although the bar is hardly high at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
  34. ghawk2005

I haven’t bought it. My biggest gripe is why they haven’t fixed anything in the 150….at least DTG have fixed a few things along the way.

• Like Like x 1
  35. gazz292

gazz292 Well-Known Member

pffft, i've never even clicked on whatever US route comes with the core game when you buy it, and never will,

I have played on the london underground route a little and bought the 1938 stock add on, but only because i have a control handle from a '38 stock train i want to turn into a controller one day,

But it's German routes and trains or nothing for me...
    but i aint gonna throw my toys out the pram if they make US and UK routes and trains next,

36. isaac47593

isaac47593 Well-Known Member

What are you on about its US central at the minute. The UK have had nothing since West Cornwall and that was Rivet so nothing 1st party since rush hour

• Like Like x 2
  37. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

The post you reply to literally says
    Yet you make the opposite point?

38. The_Drunken_Engineer

The_Drunken_Engineer Well-Known Member

Are you in physical pain? Are you going to make it? Do you need an ambulance? :)

39. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Enough of this thread, thank you.

Arguments revolving around "my country's routes are better than your country's" is not what this forum is for. It's childish. Please stop it.

• Like Like x 8
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.