Spad Over-ride

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by OldVern, Mar 29, 2022.

1. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Having once again failed to complete "Chopper And Change" (Class 20, TVL - see Technical Reports), it is high time DTG coded in a "break glass" option to over-ride and pass a red signal even when denied by the signaller. This is going to be the only way to complete certain scenarios which are bugged or broken. By all means have a warning that players proceed at their own risk and that the action may have unexpected results, but it needs to be there as an option, please.

2. BritishRail60062

BritishRail60062 Active Member

I think that there should be an option for this and if the player crashes the train then they lose all their points and achievements in the process. I assume there is no option to turn this off?

3. OldVern

No, SPAD unrecoverable even when the game itself has borked.

4. BritishRail60062

BritishRail60062 Active Member

Personally the SPAD auto-reset doesn't bother me too much as I am getting better with the controls and I like the fact that there is no silly Game Over message but passing a red signal will fail the mission. As in the real world, it would take a while for the dialogue between the driver and the signaller to establish as to why the SPAD happened and if the driver is fit to drive the train etc. So keeping this in mind. The "failed" screen is justified.

5. OldVern

You miss the point. Feature would be there to overcome a signalling lock up or scripting error, like in Chopper or Change, which prevents the scenario being completed not to recover from a player error.

6. ady.hewitt

ady.hewitt Member

Not sure about ignore a red , but after getting stuck on London commute yesterday behind 8 trains , it was obvious where the problem was and the ability to remove the offending train would be nice. Other trains were still running so the dispatcher was ok.